Author Topic: Scott Storch working on Detox [rumour]  (Read 427 times)

Matty

Scott Storch working on Detox [rumour]
« on: December 08, 2009, 07:10:55 PM »
supposed to be in the studio with D-R-E this week 8)

i've been saying this needed to happen since i don't know when. maybe Game reminded Dre that the original piano man is back on the scene.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Scott Storch working on Detox [rumour]
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 10:07:03 PM »
Honestly, if there at the phase of the album where they are still writing lyrics (Game) and doing beats (Storch), that means that is album really isn't that close to a release. I mean, maybe it really is closer than ever before but for this thing to come out they need to : finish production, finish lyrics, mix, master, promote, release relapse 2....  I would say Fall 2010 at the earliest.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 10:18:22 PM »
And honestly i'm not even disappointed that detox isn't gonna be out for a while, cuz i already expected that.

the issue for me is that in a decade where there was a lot of wack hip-hop made, one label made a lot of dope shit: aftermath. problem is, due to jimmy or whatever, most of it wasn't really released. detox is only gonna be 12 tracks, so we're gonna hear the top 12 outa of like hundreds of tracks of dopeness. Jimmy was right when he called aftermath the biggest tragedy in music. that shit coulda saved hip-hop, but i guess money/label politics/beef/egos got in the way....

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 11:48:11 PM »
oh yea THE DETOX.....didnt this album come out back in 2004 ??

Matty

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 02:08:52 AM »
Honestly, if there at the phase of the album where they are still writing lyrics (Game) and doing beats (Storch), that means that is album really isn't that close to a release. I mean, maybe it really is closer than ever before but for this thing to come out they need to : finish production, finish lyrics, mix, master, promote, release relapse 2....  I would say Fall 2010 at the earliest.

i don't think anyone on here expects detox to come out (if it actually gets released) before late 2010. but imo it's cool that storch may be getting involved in the project at this 'late' stage. interscope has completely missed the boat in terms of being able to generate mega sales, regardless of how good it is, but that was never really a concern to the people who've just been waiting to hear it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 02:10:35 AM »

i've been saying this needed to happen since i don't know when. maybe Game reminded Dre that the original piano man is back on the scene.
LOL like that's something to get excited over  :laugh:

there were Detox sessions with Scott before

Matty

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 02:17:38 AM »

how along ago was that though :P

detox has to have been restarted several times since then. we'll have to see what post-rehab scott and the doc can come up with. storch's brand new beats have been pretty pants for the most part though.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 02:20:47 AM »

how along ago was that though :P

detox has to have been restarted several times since then. we'll have to see what post-rehab scott and the doc can come up with. storch's brand new beats have been pretty pants for the most part though.
i know but it's not like it will make a difference for the album anyway.

Okka

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 04:56:17 AM »
Good news, them new musicians Dre been workin on ain't that talented IMO.