Author Topic: Who is running WIDEAWAKE now Lara Lavi got fired? No more Deathrow albums?  (Read 2840 times)

DTG Entertainment

Re: Who is running WIDEAWAKE now Lara Lavi got fired? No more Deathrow albums?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 10:35:45 PM »
Lavi got fired?
Yezzir.

For what? Losing money? :laugh:

For being overly irresponsible. Lol. She wasted more time focusing on me and trying to get an interview over me dissing her than trying to fix Death Row. Lol.

G-Funk

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 10:36:56 PM »
Lavi got fired?
Yezzir.
For being overly irresponsible. Lol. She wasted more time focusing on me and trying to get an interview over me dissing her than trying to fix Death Row. Lol.

You got connections with folks at Death Row or somethin?

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2009, 10:39:21 PM »
interesting

Reprise91

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2009, 10:39:58 PM »
Lavi got fired?
Yezzir.

No hes a fool, i am ftp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2009, 10:48:50 PM »
Lavi got fired?
Yezzir.

I do, I do. I always have even when Suge was running things. :)

davidr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2009, 12:34:58 AM »
we now need hyland to be brought to justice and hope a proper investigation will now be done into his bootlegging and also Dante and Glitts bootlegging, fuck em all and Tanner G keep doing your thing!

Jaydc

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2009, 12:52:56 AM »
The curse of Death Row will never stop.

jonathandubcnn

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2009, 01:17:28 AM »
Here is a great article with the facts about the whole Lari Lavi and Death Row situation:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3icc2aee71977fdb173b510c1a90b7da39

Former Death Row Chief Prohibited From Interacting With Company
November 30, 2009 - Legal and Management

Robert Thompson, Toronto

A Superior Court judge in Ontario has issued an interim relief order prohibiting former Death Row Records chief executive Lara Lavi from interacting with the company, amid allegations she deposited company royalty checks in a personal account.

The order of Ontario Superior Court Justice Colin Campbell, which was filed Nov. 27, says Lavi cannot enter the premise of Wideawake Entertainment Group Inc. or Wideawake-Deathrow Entertainment LLC, and seeks the delivery from her of information relating to the companies. The court says Lavi has been removed as director and CEO of Wideawake and terminated as a consultant to the company.

"There is risk of irreparable harm if the motion is not granted," the judge wrote in his ruling. The court action also seeks access to Lavi's e-mails and that a copy of the order is to be posted on the Death Row Web site.

Wideawake's submission alleges Lavi set up a Canadian bank account under a similar corporate name and deposited royalty checks intended for Wideawake-Deathrow Entertainment. The submission does not indicate the amount of money Wideawake alleges was taken. But in an e-mail offered as part of the evidence, Lavi does not dispute the charge that the money was misappropriated.

On Nov. 19, Lavi, who became CEO of Death Row when the label was purchased out of bankruptcy earlier this year, received a temporary restraining order in New York court against Ronald Ovenden and New Solutions Group of Mississauga, the company that financed the $18 million transaction to buy the beleaguered rap label and controls Wideawake. Past Death Row artists have included Tupac Shakur, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dog, among others.

Lavi, a lawyer and musician, said she needed the injunction to "keep the company on the road to success." In her submissions to the court, Lavi alleged New Solutions did not provide the financing necessary to close the Death Row transaction and that she needed to redirect financial resources to finalize the deal.

According to the allegations of New Solutions, Lavi was fired on Nov. 12., but on Nov. 2 registered Deathrow as a corporate entity in New York in expectation that she would be fired and then could commence legal action. New Solutions' submission to the court indicates none of the individuals involved, including Lavi, live in New York and the company is not based there.

According to the evidence submitted by Wideawake and New Solutions, Death Row is two entities: Grandluc Corp., a holding company owned by Ovenden, and Very Juicy Entertainment LLC, controlled by Lavi. Corporate documents filed in the case, and backed up by an e-mail from Lavi, indicates the ownership structure of Wideawake-Deathrow is two-thirds controlled by Ovenden, while Lavi controls the remaining one-third. No operating agreement was set up for the company, according to the submission.

"The case is expected to return to Ontario court on Dec. 7. In the meantime, a N.Y. judge is expected to hear motions on the temporary restraining order on Dec. 3. A spokeswoman for Lavi says she was mistaken in stating the former Death Row CEO has posted the $2 million bond as ordered by a N.Y. judge. Lavi, in fact, has not offered up the money, but has until Thursday to do so.

New Solutions refused to comment on the case, saying the matter was before the courts. A lawyer representing Lavi said they had not been notified of the Ontario legal proceedings.

"As we have previously stated, we are pursuing our client's good faith claims within the valid jurisdiction for Death Row Records, which is the New York State Supreme Court, county of New York," Lavi's lawyer, Joseph Mainiero, responded in an e-mail.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2009, 01:21:04 AM »
So Johnathan, basically, what I read is - she was embezzling money from Death Row Records?

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2009, 02:16:21 AM »

For real. And its funny how everybody seems to know more than the next man about the music and exposing the people behind it. I think its been like that ever since they went online in the late 90s. Only with Death Row!
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2009, 02:17:20 AM »

For real. And its funny how everybody seems to know more than the next man about the music and exposing the people behind it. I think its been like that ever since they went online in the late 90s. Only with Death Row!

Yup. + 1

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2009, 04:47:15 AM »
The three releases didn't even make any money, so she wouldn't have got much lol
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

Reprise91

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2009, 06:03:26 AM »
we now need hyland to be brought to justice and hope a proper investigation will now be done into his bootlegging and also Dante and Glitts bootlegging, fuck em all and Tanner G keep doing your thing!

Dant and gclitt are dead, that was sooo long ago, let it go.

moonpig.com

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2009, 06:27:07 AM »
I heard from a very good source that Lara Lavi will re-open Hyland's old bootleg site www.forthepeopleent.com and sell the entire catalog which Hyland was given access too by Lara, in return for designing deathrowmusic.com for free.... LOL

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 06:28:31 AM »
I heard from a very good source that Lara Lavi will re-open Hyland's old bootleg site www.forthepeopleent.com and sell the entire catalog which Hyland was given access too by Lara, in return for designing deathrowmusic.com for free.... LOL

Won't happen. There's a reason they call me Tanner "G". Yadda nah mean?