Author Topic: Who is running WIDEAWAKE now Lara Lavi got fired? No more Deathrow albums?  (Read 2845 times)

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Who is running WIDEAWAKE now Lara Lavi got fired? No more Deathrow albums?
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2009, 12:53:18 PM »
I wasnt looking forward to a DannyBoy release so thats cool fuck Lara Levi. I just want the Crook and Pac material.

and Sam Sneed etc.

Yeah Sneed and J Flexx are right there too
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

Okka

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2009, 01:06:50 PM »
Death Row been cursed since the beginning. All i really wanna hear is the Sam Sneed material and the whole LBC Crew album in CDQ. Does anybody have the full list of the material that WideAwake owns? And does anybody know what their next release is gonna be?

woof

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »
Lol people are desperate that this hasn't leaked yet  :P

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2009, 03:39:23 PM »
with death row u never know...

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2009, 04:16:37 PM »
OK so, I'm not familiar with the whole Hyland/FTP/THC/Dante saga, but there is one thing I don't get... on one hand, you guys are saying fuck the boolteggers, bring them to justice, but on the other hand, you enjoy listening to the material from 2pac/J-Flexx/Other DR artists that they leaked. I mean, I might get flamed for this, but if it weren't for them, we wouldn't have heard that unreleased material, right? I'm just putting this out there. Everyone went gaga over that big 2pac leak last summer. And at one point, the bootleggers were the only ones that had it... and we all know that Afeni never had any intention of releasing the OGs, and WA can't release them so...... Are you guys trying to argue that the bootleggers should have been more ethical, or something?

Also, Danny Boy really deserves a proper release here. He's been working hard and making great music his whole career. But on that note, how come he wasn't able to get a new record deal after death row collapsed?? He's an extremely talented vocalist; he should have been able to walk into any major label, get signed, and start making hits.

TRU 504 BoY

• 'G'
  • Fuck You!
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2009, 04:18:49 PM »
way too much bullshit going on over there. shit is sad. just release the fuckin music. why are people with holding all this?

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2009, 06:18:09 PM »
...and these are the days of our lives- Deathrow style!  Perhaps what they say is true, maybe this label really is freakin' cursed since birth!

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2009, 07:15:29 PM »
way too much bullshit going on over there. shit is sad. just release the fuckin music. why are people with holding all this?

What are you talking about? They released 60 songs in 4 months, the music is dropping. Will it keep dropping is the question.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2009, 07:31:24 PM »
tanner, what are the possibilites of the cpo, sneed, lbc crew, snoop sessions vol. 2, j.flexx dropping? thats all i want really..

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2009, 11:13:11 PM »
OK so, I'm not familiar with the whole Hyland/FTP/THC/Dante saga, but there is one thing I don't get... on one hand, you guys are saying fuck the boolteggers, bring them to justice, but on the other hand, you enjoy listening to the material from 2pac/J-Flexx/Other DR artists that they leaked. I mean, I might get flamed for this, but if it weren't for them, we wouldn't have heard that unreleased material, right? I'm just putting this out there. Everyone went gaga over that big 2pac leak last summer. And at one point, the bootleggers were the only ones that had it... and we all know that Afeni never had any intention of releasing the OGs, and WA can't release them so...... Are you guys trying to argue that the bootleggers should have been more ethical, or something?

Also, Danny Boy really deserves a proper release here. He's been working hard and making great music his whole career. But on that note, how come he wasn't able to get a new record deal after death row collapsed?? He's an extremely talented vocalist; he should have been able to walk into any major label, get signed, and start making hits.

RE: Danny Boy because he was blackballed unless your name was Dr. Dre or Snoop, you were blackballed because of Death Row Records. Pretty simple.

RE Bootlegs: If a bootlegger simply paid the artists and producers their cuts. It would have been cool. Also, don't promise us false products. I.E. - O.F.T.B. Volume 2 or any of that other bullshit. Also, due to the fact, they honestly didn't have to pay all that much because some of the shit they could have gotten for free if they were nice - I.E. WATCH YA MOUTH. So, it could have just leaked for free or the bootleggers could have been selfless and said here you go. Hyland didn't need to make money off the Death Row stuff, he wanted to. It benefited him more than anyone else and he didn't pay a goddamn thing for the material!

Okka

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2009, 01:35:06 AM »

What are you talking about? They released 60 songs in 4 months, the music is dropping. Will it keep dropping is the question.

Nothin' is never enough when it comes to these Death Row fanatics, they will sell their souls for some unreleased Tupac tracks.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 02:21:38 AM by Okka »

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2009, 01:42:57 AM »
tanner, what are the possibilites of the cpo, sneed, lbc crew, snoop sessions vol. 2, j.flexx dropping? thats all i want really..

You'll get CPO, but it won't be an album. It will be sprinkled throughout as bonus tracks and such. Sneed isn't likely, because I don't think he wants to work with WIDEawake. The LBC Crew is likely if they don't dick them, they have their album in the vaults. Lost Sessions 2 is likely, if WIDEawake lasts.  J Flexx has a gang of material in the vaults and an LP that was called Billboard Dreams 2001. So, hopefully we'll see them all. I hate Flexx as a person, but Sticky Situation was damn good.

V2DHeart

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2009, 07:30:14 AM »

You'll get CPO, but it won't be an album. It will be sprinkled throughout as bonus tracks and such. Sneed isn't likely, because I don't think he wants to work with WIDEawake. The LBC Crew is likely if they don't dick them, they have their album in the vaults. Lost Sessions 2 is likely, if WIDEawake lasts.  J Flexx has a gang of material in the vaults and an LP that was called Billboard Dreams 2001. So, hopefully we'll see them all. I hate Flexx as a person, but Sticky Situation was damn good.

How can you hate flexx? He aint that arrogant lol
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

davidr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2009, 08:31:19 AM »

RE: Danny Boy because he was blackballed unless your name was Dr. Dre or Snoop, you were blackballed because of Death Row Records. Pretty simple.

RE Bootlegs: If a bootlegger simply paid the artists and producers their cuts. It would have been cool. Also, don't promise us false products. I.E. - O.F.T.B. Volume 2 or any of that other bullshit. Also, due to the fact, they honestly didn't have to pay all that much because some of the shit they could have gotten for free if they were nice - I.E. WATCH YA MOUTH. So, it could have just leaked for free or the bootleggers could have been selfless and said here you go. Hyland didn't need to make money off the Death Row stuff, he wanted to. It benefited him more than anyone else and he didn't pay a goddamn thing for the material!

is there any danny boy and pac songs in there?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2009, 08:38:05 AM »

is there any danny boy and pac songs in there?

Yup. Come With Me from All Eyez On Me/Euphanasia being one.