Author Topic: Banning is NOT the solution! (Freedom of speech)  (Read 478 times)

lllama

Banning is NOT the solution! (Freedom of speech)
« on: November 19, 2002, 08:40:37 PM »
Yo, it’s me, NIK (for the last time)…

First off, I wanna start by saying I’m not here to complain, just to make some valid points…Overseer, I was never a fan of banning people, but this is an outrage. It is straight out absurd. The ban button should NEVER be used unless it is completely necessary. I understand this is your board, and you can do whatever u want, but do u really believe banning people left and right is the answer? I know everyone is afraid of you and your admin powers, but some one has to stand up and tell you this is wrong…You have banned ToNe, Rap Quake, and Me in the last 2 days, and threatened to ban C-Walker and Verbalassaulta…What the fuck is this?! Do u feel power when you do this? The board should be for everybody! Just imagine a board where everybody was the same, no one had arguments, and everybody was friends. That would be no fun…Yes, I was the most hated, Yes, I got on your nerves, Yes, I was a pain at times; but this is a message board, and that is no reason to ban some one. People are starting to look at you as an asshole…Even Blade said to me today on AIM “yea, Rud was always the cooler one”…Now ask yourself why you banned me. Is it because I got on your nerves? How did I get on your nerves? By speaking my mind…Isn’t that what a message board is for? DON’T WE HAVE THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH!? Aren’t we supposed to speak what’s on our minds?…Out of all the boards I’ve been too, this is BY FAR the strictest one…It’s like a communism. We can’t say what we feel, or big bad Overseer will ban us. It’s like you just ban anyone you don’t like. Imagine if we all had banning powers, everyone would be banned…Yesterday, Verbalassaulta made the best point yet. Let me quote what he said:

i dont know where most of the mods are from...but most of us are from the united states...and you have the right to say whatever the hell you want...now i imagine some of you may be from europe ...but hey its different here...whether some of us like it or not...though i dont really care for nik much at all...i mean this is a forum to talk openly and express whatever the individual feels...and if everyone here just agreed and was all friends then this would be a damn boring forum and i would never come here....i say let him back...unless this is a communist forum

Overseer, why do you ban me? Why? I just don’t get it…You’re not supposed to ban people from a message board. As much as I was a pain, I did so much for this place…Overseer, you are allowed to be dissed, just like the next member is allowed to be dissed…Especially when you go around and diss me first. Don’t think I don’t know about how you diss me (and SSR) behind my back in chatrooms. You’re supposed to set an example, not act childish and immature. Uggghhhh, I just wanna punch a whole in the wall, man. You know I have 12,000 posts, you know this board means a lot to me…It’s all I do on my free time, and it’s the only thing I do when I go online…Now it’s like I have no reason to go online. I just get bored…Don’t you see that? I love this board…I met people through this board…Sure people are gunna come say I don’t have a life, but I don’t care for labels…If that’s what u wanna call it, than fine….

What was ToNe banned for? For dissing Pink (when she dissed him first)?  <<That’s completely fucked up. Everybody was attacking him on his way of speaking, and he just defended himself and got banned…What was Rap Quake banned for? For speaking his mind and letting you know that you were wrong for banning ToNe? What did u threaten to ban C-Walker for? For posting FACTUAL articles about Muslim terror in the ‘Hall of Mirrors’? After all, Tech basically does the same thing (against Jews), but I don’t see you threatening to ban him… This is BULLSHIT…Rob, doesn’t freedom of speech mean anything to you? I’ve been here for 2 years, I would think you’d ban me when I first registered, cuz I’ve always been the same…Why didn’t u ban me after my first day at WCC? I never changed, and I was not expecting a banning…It just happened out of the blue, with no warning, no nothing…I would expect you to at least give me a warning, or ask me to change up my attitude on WCC…I’ve always tried to keep it real, I’ve always tried to say what was on my mind, and I got banned for it…I want justice…It is not fair to get banned from a message board, ESPECIALLY after you have contributed so much…That is just so low…It’s like using a gun in a fist fight…But this wasn’t even a fist fight, it was a drive-by shooting…Aiight man, it’s your board, do whatever you like…Keep banning people, and taking away their opinions, but I just want you to know, it’s not fair…I would like my account reactivated, but it’s probably never gunna happen…You don’t like being corrected, and I can see that, so I know for a fact you won’t admit you were wrong and you won’t reactivate my account…So whatever…I’m out of here ya’ll…PeAcE!

Desi_Dharti

Re:Banning is NOT the solution! (Freedom of speech)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 08:45:50 PM »
Yo Seer, dis homboy told me tah post dis up...diz foo got banned, but i cant tell ya who this dogg iz knaamean cuz dis dogg ma homey and wanna keep his name private ya digg? well n e way nigga here dis fools message ta u:::

"DAMN OVERSEER!!!! U have brought upon da curse of da Hindu Jihadi by banning my ass for little reason. Now WCC will go down in ruins and bring u and ur life down...that is the Curse of da Hindu Jihadi (CoD:HJ)...Damn Man WCC is gonna get worse cuz of ur stupidness, but O well, all I gotta say is get on the pill or something cuz "the time of the month" is really lasting a loong(like the cocks u suck?) time"

lllama

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002, 08:49:41 PM »
Yo Seer, dis homboy told me tah post dis up...diz foo got banned, but i cant tell ya who this dogg iz knaamean cuz dis dogg ma homey and wanna keep his name private ya digg? well n e way nigga here dis fools message ta u:::

"DAMN OVERSEER!!!! U have brought upon da curse of da Hindu Jihadi by banning my ass for little reason. Now WCC will go down in ruins and bring u and ur life down...that is the Curse of da Hindu Jihadi (CoD:HJ)...Damn Man WCC is gonna get worse cuz of ur stupidness, but O well, all I gotta say is get on the pill or something cuz "the time of the month" is really lasting a loong(like the cocks u suck?) time"

I'm trying to bring up some serious points here...

Desi_Dharti

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2002, 08:53:59 PM »
Yo foo ma homey jus typed wat dis foo called sccitdashizznit told him ta type up knaamean...sccitdashizznit told him to speak on how Overseer was a bitch and rite a pragraff or sumn i dunno, but yea so dis foo jus typed sum shit up knaamean? its all fun n games homboy where u from? What set u claim?

lllama

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2002, 08:57:35 PM »
Yo foo ma homey jus typed wat dis foo called sccitdashizznit told him ta type up knaamean...sccitdashizznit told him to speak on how Overseer was a bitch and rite a pragraff or sumn i dunno, but yea so dis foo jus typed sum shit up knaamean? its all fun n games homboy where u from? What set u claim?

Quake, please STFU...You are ruining my serious topic...Thanks dawg...

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2002, 09:03:07 PM »
Well, I kinda understand this freedom of speech shit and im on da borderline about it.....

I think Overseer should just forget tha banning shit unless he can ban they IPs 4 ever.....cuz theres no point.....Whoever U ban will come bac and cause drama.....So I say fuc it.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Desi_Dharti

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2002, 09:07:45 PM »
Yo dogg dis aint quake haha how'd ya kno ma homie was Quake tho?? U mus be smart or some shit...U rroccy man???? cuz ma homey showed me one song called sccit in da azz or sumn and dis homeboy calledroccy had dis GAY AZZ voice in it, but I know ppl who got gay voices be smart ass muhhfucckaz, cuz they al nerdy an shit...ya feel meeh? but n e way ma homey quake red dat this above and wantid ta say sumn...

"Yo Sccit dude I thought U wanted me to spit some shit clowning him, and since I already typed it up mite as well post it, u know...but anyway I think Overseer is having some stressfull times cuz I mean hhes jus beang a real dickhead, but I dont givemuch a shit like u do so its cool...i mean but I got kiked off for just standing up for Tone...thats gay fuck that dictator shit knaamean, That shit dont get u nowhere..DA PPL WILL REBEL! HAHA PEACE"

aiiiiite homey roccy(or whoeva u iz nigga)....yo wat be dat STFU shit??? it be sum persian werd or sumn o wha? cuz IM fuuukin hindu and we dont say no gay azz werds like dat. peace out homedogg

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2002, 09:08:56 PM »

LMAO @ curse of da hindu jihad

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2002, 10:01:35 PM »
im not takin sides but nik got a point in the fact that its a forum and pretty much we should say anything...but there is even rules to that..just like it is here in the United States....but i think that nik you might have taken it a lil too far sometimes....although i got the freedom to say what i like you know you dont say somethings.....you just got to be more careful in the future.....but if you where to ask me on this i wouldnt ban him but yet i dont know him much to be saying this......i know he says some fucked up things sometimes but i dont pay attention to them much.......i respect everyone on this board including you seer.....and you may know im not one to start shit or anything....and i hope this dont start anything against anyone cause i got love for this whole board and its all thanks to all the people here at this board especially seer for funding it.....and i think you need to realise that sometime nik.....its like if someone give me a donation im not gonna talk shit about him....nik i really hope you get your account back online and running....and not cause you got 12,000 post (thats fuckin crazy) but because you are another member of the board.....but ultimately i believe that seer gots the right to do what he wants.....put it this way i dont think he likes you and thats what it comes down to...and its his house....if i dont like someone i aint gonna let him come into my house...ya hear me?....so you just got to lay low for a while maybe be a guest and all and work your respect back....anyway peace Nik like i said good luck bro

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2002, 10:05:18 PM »
why was tone banned

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2002, 11:01:42 PM »
i wanna add this to my topic above....

yeah you do got freedom of speech but if you go up into my house talkin shit.....im gonna be like peace get the fuck out

Pillow

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2002, 11:11:52 PM »
i say unban sccit, he was a big part of this board, he deserves to be let back in

Pillow

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2002, 11:12:48 PM »
why was tone banned
yea for real? i never seen tone do anything bad

ROCCY

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2002, 11:46:53 PM »
unban sccit overseer..overseer uve been acting like a hoe these days, i PM You, and u ignore it..wtf...now lets get bak to sccit and hindi jiklihad or whatever his name is, and tone..

hindu jikigad (rapquake)- never has done anything bad..just tried to have someones back..

sccit- fucking 10,000 GONE, overseer tell me you wouldnt be mad if u had that many posts and you got banned..

Tone- wtf, this guy was the homie..he kept the keystyle alive...u banned him for beefing with pink? well maybe you should ban half of this board including me for having beef with her too..why doesnt she get banned since she had beef with me,sccit,blanket,tone and all these other homies?

whatever its just a board who gives a fuck..im not taking sides just spittin out what i feel..peace

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2002, 12:12:59 AM »
"uve been acting like a hoe these days"
u were begging to be a mod of the main board! u dont get shit thru begging - i've said that time and time again.

u think by calling me a hoe it'll change thangs?

ps

Tone approaced me privately instead of having to thrust his chest out in front of everyone else *cough* NIK *cough* and i hope we'll sort things out. I respect him for that.

Rapquake... you can see he's just here to talk shit... if you're here for fun.. then thats aiight.. but if u just gonna moan and make smart comments dont waste our time. Same goes for NIK.

You think I enjoy banning people? but its depressing seeing people just spend all their time dissing people in Anything Goes.

Anything Goes is changing names in an effort to lighten it

peep here  : http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=23854;start=0#lastPost

same for the Hall Of Mirrors.. originally the name was actually a diss to organised religion... i dont think many people know that .

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=3&action=display&threadid=23855&start=0

Peep this thread to provide some input
« Last Edit: November 20, 2002, 02:08:02 AM by Overseer »