Author Topic: It just makes sense now...  (Read 117 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

It just makes sense now...
« on: December 02, 2009, 06:03:24 PM »
after all of these years listening to people bitch and me trying to be opened minded enough to not quirk out everytime i see another post about "the west ain't on bcuz of dre or 2pac" or "hip hop is dead and it died when Lil' Jon took it 2 a new audience"  ::).  it finally came to me just now, the only thing that has been lacking in Hip Hop is the Jazz and the Blues.  we don't necessarily have to take it back to "the 90's" so to say but we do need more Jazz/Soul/Blues in the Art form; the younger generation vouches.  

the Techno shit is cool (50/50 tho) and the RnB tracks get the bitches geekin' (depends on which 1's) so it's not all bad but i think there should be more of an influence in the Soul side of things (whether it's mainstream or underground).  alotta "underground" aka "up and coming" rappers dont have it either, even when they do go a different route with it, and i'm gettin' kinda sick of repeating records from 93' (they just dont compare to today's mixing and structure).  im just saying and this isn't up 4 debate or discussion, but Hip Hop needs it's Jazz back (not necessarily all the horns or Premo inspired beats n shit but yeah, if u love it- u'll get what im saying).  either that or atleast a happy median, and i dont think the industry execs have everything to do with that, i think Hip Hop is just stuck at a stagnate point (with the white people mainly), it's been gettin extremely better in 09' but what will happen in 2010.

(bangin btw)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 06:08:04 PM by BiggBoogaBiff aka Everythangz Biznezz »

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: It just makes sense now...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 07:54:16 PM »
For once I agree with your post. Better lyrics would be a nice touch too.