Author Topic: How can you even like someone with a name like ''Gucci Mane''??  (Read 699 times)

Prof@ssor

Re: How can you even like someone with a name like ''Gucci Mane''??
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 09:26:20 PM »
Tupac is an Aztec name meaning "Warrior" you ignorant fuck.

Prof@ssor

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 09:44:06 PM »
real rap fans

hahahah u think ur superior or somethin? hahahahhahahaha

damn that is the stupidest fuckin thing i heard all year. u sound just like a fuckin white backpacker. i dont care if i sound stupid cause theres no point making an intelligent arguement against this . REAL RAP

please define REAL RAP. go listen to common or something lol

I don't like Common but I respect what he's done for hip-hop. In this case, I don't have to respect the writer in order to respect what's been written.

Real Rap? Everyone has its own definition, but the new cats I like that are in that category are for example J. Cole, Bishop Lamont and others...

I never insinuated i was intelligent, but thanks to your comment we all look like Einstein's.  :laugh:

Have you ever listened to Gucci Mane talking? Like that new interview with miss Info?
I can understand one would like the beats, the featuring...but his lyricism? His voice? His creativity? His ''swagger'' lmao?
Gucci Mane and his fans are the definition of ''consciously staying ignorant''. That is what leads our modern society towards a wall of annihilation after all these years of cultural and intellectual evolution.

I tried to talk as non-academic as possible but still be comprehensible for you. I sincerely hope that you will appreciate my effort and understand what I've written.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 11:05:21 PM »
real rap fans

damn that is the stupidest fuckin thing i heard all year. u sound just like a fuckin white backpacker. i dont care if i sound stupid cause theres no point making an intelligent arguement against this . REAL RAP

I don't like Common but I respect what he's done for hip-hop. In this case, I don't have to respect the writer in order to respect what's been written.

Real Rap? Everyone has its own definition, but the new cats I like that are in that category are for example J. Cole, Bishop Lamont and others...

I never insinuated i was intelligent, but thanks to your comment we all look like Einstein's.  :laugh:

Have you ever listened to Gucci Mane talking? Like that new interview with miss Info?
I can understand one would like the beats, the featuring...but his lyricism? His voice? His creativity? His ''swagger'' lmao?
Gucci Mane and his fans are the definition of ''consciously staying ignorant''. That is what leads our modern society towards a wall of annihilation after all these years of cultural and intellectual evolution.

I tried to talk as non-academic as possible but still be comprehensible for you. I sincerely hope that you will appreciate my effort and understand what I've written.

:puke: @ Proffessor

MediumL

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 01:44:17 AM »
He must have been dropped on his head as a baby.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 03:34:48 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Gucci Mane drops his share of wack material and so does just about every other mainstream artist out, you need to dig to find the decent or dope stuff... he may not be the best lyrically but he's entertaining and can make some bangin' tunes

I would put money on it that 99% of this board at least deep down half way enjoys one Gucci track or feature and just doesn't want to admit it because it's the "cool" thing to do, but it is what it is

and for the record I don't like Gucci as an overall artist, same with Lil' Wayne and half these new rappers, but I can at least admit when they did come correct on songs

So the question is....why listen to mainstream rappers who drop mostly whack material when you can listen to more underground rappers with better track records?

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 05:39:43 AM »
Gucci Mane, Souljah Boy, Lil Wayne, Mike Jones, Young Jeezy, OJ Da Juiceman, Rick Ross, etc.. these clowns are making a mockery of hip-hop.

wuts wrong wid the name lil wayne , souljah boy mike jones youn jeezy??

or are you sayin thos guys are jst fuckin up the game

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2009, 05:48:01 AM »
real rap fans

I never insinuated i was intelligent, but thanks to your comment we all look like Einstein's.  :laugh:

look man i dunno if u think im uneducated or something. i love j cole and dudes like that but u need to get into ur head that some ppl just like music like gucci. i doesnt mean youre stupid or any less 'real'. i can relate to j cole but of course i dont relate to gucci. its escapism, fantasy, nothing more. its entertainment. its like watching a blockbuster movie. its got no real deep message its just good entertainment that u dont have to invest too much into. you get me?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 05:48:17 AM »
Gucci Mane, Souljah Boy, Lil Wayne, Mike Jones, Young Jeezy, OJ Da Juiceman, Rick Ross, etc.. these clowns are making a mockery of hip-hop.

it takes zero thought process to put a lil or young in front of your name. And it shows. 99.99% of the rappers with that in their name are weak as fuck.

Blood$

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 10:05:47 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Gucci Mane drops his share of wack material and so does just about every other mainstream artist out, you need to dig to find the decent or dope stuff... he may not be the best lyrically but he's entertaining and can make some bangin' tunes

I would put money on it that 99% of this board at least deep down half way enjoys one Gucci track or feature and just doesn't want to admit it because it's the "cool" thing to do, but it is what it is

and for the record I don't like Gucci as an overall artist, same with Lil' Wayne and half these new rappers, but I can at least admit when they did come correct on songs

So the question is....why listen to mainstream rappers who drop mostly whack material when you can listen to more underground rappers with better track records?

I don't listen to mainstream rappers that much, in fact the most "mainstream" albums I even bought this year were 50 and Kid Cudi... and those were dope albums, I guess you could throw in UGK and Maino too since they had some radio play... as far as other mainstream rappers go why is it wrong to like a few of their tracks and admit to it, rather than just bashing them to fit in on a message board to appear as a "real rap" fan or "hip hop head"? I could give a fuck about other peoples' opinions or if they don't like mine, if I like the music I like the music, and I'm open about it... I listen to everything from UGK to Wu-Tang to Maino to Mac Dre to some Gucci Mane/Wayne to Slaughterhouse... my musical taste is very wide and varied and I could say probably more than half this board's who limit themselves to a certain style

Al Bundy knows what it is

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2009, 10:07:45 AM »

I don't listen to mainstream rappers that much, in fact the most "mainstream" albums I even bought this year were 50 and Kid Cudi... and those were dope albums, I guess you could throw in UGK and Maino too since they had some radio play... as far as other mainstream rappers go why is it wrong to like a few of their tracks and admit to it, rather than just bashing them to fit in on a message board to appear as a "real rap" fan or "hip hop head"? I could give a fuck about other peoples' opinions or if they don't like mine, if I like the music I like the music, and I'm open about it... I listen to everything from UGK to Wu-Tang to Maino to Mac Dre to some Gucci Mane/Wayne to Slaughterhouse... my musical taste is very wide and varied and I could say probably more than half this board's who limit themselves to a certain style

Wayne has a few nice songs I've heard. However the majority of his shit I've I consider trash or below average. Hence he's a bad rapper. Percentages don't lie.

Why check for a dude who releases mostly trash? I don't even bother. Because there are better rappers to invest my time in

Blood$

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2009, 10:08:41 AM »

Wayne has a few nice songs I've heard. However the majority of his shit I've I consider trash or below average. Hence he's a bad rapper. Percentages don't lie.

exactly, so I guess consider him as your favorite wack rapper lol

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2009, 10:10:22 AM »

except he's not my favorite wack rapper. A few songs I like out of the hundreds he makes doesn't constitute him as a favorite anything. If I took the time to listen to all the material from every whack rapper, I could probably find at least one song from each of them that is bearable. Doesn't mean I should waste my time with them.

Snoop is probably my favorite whack rapper. Releases a lot of substandard material, but I can still get into a good deal of his stuff and he is still capable of coming out with great songs.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 10:12:42 AM by rapsodie, the troll prince »

Blood$

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2009, 10:17:18 AM »

except he's not my favorite wack rapper. A few songs I like out of the hundreds he makes doesn't constitute him as a favorite anything. If I took the time to listen to all the material from every whack rapper, I could probably find at least one song from each of them that is bearable. Doesn't mean I should waste my time with them.

I see what you mean by that, cuz there's rappers who I've heard that others like but I never bothered checking for their music... but I guess what it ultimately comes down to is first impressions and/or whatever you are exposed to by a certain artist

for example, when I was young in middle school I was a big fan of Lil' Wayne but then once he changed his style up I stopped liking his music for a minute, and everybody hopping on his dick for a minute didn't help either, but then whenever I would hear something I liked from him that maybe a homie showed me I'd acknowledge it and download the song(s)... as far as Gucci goes, back when I was only in 8th grade I liked "Icy" and "Black Tee" when they dropped, and then when he dropped "Street Niggas" I liked that too, so I guess that's why I don't really have as much animosity for him as most people... but to each his own

I will say this though, it still beats the fuck outta me how he blew up to where he is now, but hey I gotta give him his props that he came up

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2009, 02:20:59 PM »

Al Bundy knows what it is

Gucci's verse on that crime wave track looked dope when I read it, but his delivery and vocals just have no presence, that shit sounds like a blend hard. Props for trying though lol

Jome

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2009, 04:54:19 PM »

Yes, they're watering down hip-hop, turning it into an parodic auto-tuned dance for kids & homosexuals.

But I'm not blaming the South, cuz they also brought us:

UGK, Outkast, Three 6 Mafia, Geto Boys, 8Ball & MJG etc killed it

And I'd add artists like Chamillionaire, Trae, Z-Ro, T.I., Devin, Scarface, Ludacris..