Author Topic: something on the 19th Street compilation that always bothered me  (Read 729 times)

OG Hack Wilson

something on the 19th Street compilation that always bothered me
« on: December 12, 2009, 10:19:14 PM »
when you listen to the best song on the CD, "Stay out of LA"

why does is say "now it's going down, 19 motherfucking (reverse)" on the rap on the 1st verse

my best guess is that it sounds like "19 motherfucking 6" and they put the CD out in 98 so maybe they didnt want ppl to know it was old?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

2euce 7even

Re: something on the 19th Street compilation that always bothered me
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 02:39:00 AM »
yeah i wondered about it too.

p.s. did yall know snoop was on the chorus but the did some effects to it so suge wouldnt find out snoop is on it?

fabtoxicp

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 03:24:48 AM »
yeah, its true. c-style revealed dat recently in an interview..

if u listen to the chorus closely - "dididididididadadidey" - dat's Calvin Broadus rite there

Soopahigh

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 05:05:42 AM »
yeah, its true. c-style revealed dat recently in an interview..

if u listen to the chorus closely - "dididididididadadidey" - dat's Calvin Broadus rite there

reallly ???

fabtoxicp

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 06:32:46 AM »
yup..

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 09:39:48 AM »
i wonder why Snoop didn't drop a verse
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Okka

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 09:48:28 AM »

Suge Knight didn't let him. He was originally on the hook but Suge didn't want him on it.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 10:02:11 AM »

Suge Knight didn't let him. He was originally on the hook but Suge didn't want him on it.

why not?  Daz was on the song Bustaz

oh well

i made me a mix Cd  "the best of the LBC"

dippin in my lo-lo
6 shooter
stay out of LA
way cool
kingpin
don't test me
rap killer
out the moon ft 2pac (from gridlockd)
one ninen'
who got some gangsta shit   (from the MWTC sdtk)
gangsta gangsta
ashes to ashes
g'z come out
doggystyle 96
keep it real (ft mack 10)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 10:03:42 AM by Hack Wilson »

Okka

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 10:56:56 AM »

why not?  Daz was on the song Bustaz

I have no idea, but that's what Big C-Style said.

acgrundy

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 11:03:53 AM »
cause Daz was not nearly as big of name as snoop. 

Okka

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 11:08:39 AM »

Yeah, that's what i thought too. You can still hear Snoop's voice on "Stay Out Of L.A." though. Big Style should hook us up with the OG version 8)

acgrundy

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 11:13:29 AM »

Yeah, that's what i thought too. You can still hear Snoop's voice on "Stay Out Of L.A." though. Big Style should hook us up with the OG version 8)

Wait til this one dude on here hooks up the old WCRydaz interviews.  there is one w/ mark spitz aka Perfec and he talks about recording sessions for that album.  there is lots of different changes.  kurupt used to be on some songs

Okka

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 11:20:17 AM »

Wait til this one dude on here hooks up the old WCRydaz interviews.  there is one w/ mark spitz aka Perfec and he talks about recording sessions for that album. there is lots of different changes.  kurupt used to be on some songs

Yeah, he's the dude that hooked up that Lil C-Style interview? Shiit, i wanna read that interview. Oh yeah, I remember somebody sayin' that Kurupt was supposed to be on some tracks. The album must have changed a quite few times since they started recordin it in 1994 and didn't release it until 1998.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 11:36:37 AM »

Wait til this one dude on here hooks up the old WCRydaz interviews.  there is one w/ mark spitz aka Perfec and he talks about recording sessions for that album.  there is lots of different changes.  kurupt used to be on some songs

i am going to go murder someone if Kurupt was one "One Ninen;", "Rap Killer", "Ashes to Ashes" or "STay out of LA"

lol

F-cisco

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 12:01:59 PM »
Warren G had to the same thing for "What We Go Through". He had to masked Daz's vocals with special effects and replaced Kurupt with Perfect. Yet Suge clears Nate Dogg and a Snoop sample for "Annie Mae". It boggles my mind. Aso a travesty how they deleted Warren's verse from "Lets's Play House". I guess this all started when G-Dubb publicly took credit for starting Deathrow records.