Author Topic: Suggestion: Audio downloads  (Read 167 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Suggestion: Audio downloads
« on: November 21, 2002, 10:05:23 PM »
This is simply a suggestion.  I don't know how hard it would be to put this in to effect, but I think it'd be tight if there was a download section on dubcnn where everyone could download rare and unreleased songs.  Songs would always be getting added and nobody has to track down certain songs on mIRC, they just click and download.  Then you're downloading all the songs you want all at once.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Suggestion: Audio downloads
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 07:07:27 PM »
that's a damn good idea!!! ;D

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

elneckio

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 11:49:43 PM »
The bandwidth for running the board alone is high enough, allowing downloads would make it huge and very very expensive.  
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Jome

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2002, 05:55:30 PM »
The bandwidth for running the board alone is high enough, allowing downloads would make it huge and very very expensive.  

Yup, and besides - copyright/legal issues would come into play.
Sites have been shut down for mp3z more than once..
If RIAA smells sumthin fishy, actions will be taken, and before you know it, UR site is gone with the wind.. and they might even sue the owner "to set an example"..