Author Topic: The 10 Commandments  (Read 582 times)

Trauma-san

The 10 Commandments
« on: November 21, 2002, 11:29:07 PM »
What do yall think about the 10 commandments?  God gave them to Moses in the Old Testament, and later Jesus said that the two most important commandments were "Love Thy Father" and "Love thy Neighbor", and that all the other commandments hinged on these two.  Now, I know some of yall will have problems with some of them (love thy god) because there's hella heathens on here (haha), but I mean what do you think about them? Is it good advice? Do you agree or disagree with any of them as being important?  Personally, I think they're from god, and agree with all of 'em.  I think if someone were to really, honestly follow them (one of the hardest is not lying... if you REALLY wouldn't lie about anything, even lying to yourself, we'd be alot better off), I think if someone would honestly follow all of these, he'd live a very productive life. Mormons take these literally; on Sunday, we wont' work, and mormons won't even go to a store or anything on Sunday, because it would cause somebody else to have to work.  We'll buy stuff out of vending machines, though, LOL.  

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5.  Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re:The 10 Commandments
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2002, 11:34:27 PM »
If the 10 commandments are true....I'll see everyone that has breath in hell...lol

Fuck Religion.....

lol....God Is a bitch...
muthaphukka don't exist
you fucken bearded biatches are wasting your time....lol

It's funny az fuck...lol
bomb the world but when it all ends....lol..
I'll shave you....lo

Hatesrats 2oo2
« Last Edit: November 21, 2002, 11:35:06 PM by Hatesrats »

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2002, 11:39:15 PM »
 ::)

Are their any intelligent, articulate people that would care to respond?  A lesser person would get mad, but since I'm a straight G, I'll be alright :)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2002, 12:43:33 AM »
::)

Are their any intelligent, articulate people that would care to respond?  A lesser person would get mad, but since I'm a straight G, I'll be alright :)
You think you going to Heaven....lol
Give some examples...lol

It's false....

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2002, 12:44:32 AM »
i know alot of ppl taht cheated on their wives and alot of wives that cheated on their husbandz and i feel sorry for them cuzz now they have a bigg chance of going to hell cuzz they fucced up and had alderty. and fucc anybody who dont believe in god. tha main reazon i believe in him iz he iz tha only preson/thing i can belive in and turn to alot of gothic bitchz say y do u belive in godd and shyt and i simply say he iz tha only person that u can turn to and believe right now. anybody feel me? im out!!!

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2002, 02:26:37 AM »
From No.5 on down contains good advice, but no.10 could do with updating. The major problem i have with the bible is the fact that it completely contradicts itself on way too many occasions. I think Jews have it sorted that they only follow the old testament, but i really don't understand how Christians can follow both books and claim to be Christian. They are both extremes of how to behave, if you are a Christian just follow the teachings of Christ as he clearly disagrees with many of the priciples found in the old testament yet because they're in the same book people use it as an excuse to commit unChristian acts. For example look at capitol punishment in your country, yet do you honestly think Jesus would agree with that? No, a Jew would follow that as its in the old testament (eye for an eye) and if your wife cheats on you, its alright to take them out the city and stone them to death. Yet Christ says let the first without sin throw the first stone. Do you honestly believe that condones capitol punishment?
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Quakaveli

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2002, 10:22:24 AM »
I only have 4 more of those commandments to break 8)

LoL im livin in sin ................................... it aint ma fault, connect gang connect gang IT AINT MA FAULT!!!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2002, 10:37:41 AM »

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5.  Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

I'll give my thoughts on them

1. This was basically a universal principle, but at the time was given specificially because the children of Israel were trippin, even Aaron, Moses's brother built them an idol to worship.  

2.  See #1, lol.  

3. The lord holds most people guilty... and most people take the name of the lord in vain.  The way I interpret taking the name of the lord in vain, is saying "god" or the lord's true name when you're not specificially adressing him; or you could interpret it as calling yourself a god (taking the lord's name).  I think saying "GD" is just as bad as saying "God, leave that alone" to your kid.  Both instances you're using the lords name like salt to sprinkle through conversations.  

4. Word.  It says it right there plain as day, yet nobody lives it.  We don't know why he says keep the sabbath day holy, and what the symbolism is, ... but remember, all through the old testament people blindly slaughtered lambs, not realizing the significance of the sacrifice until Christ arrived.

5. Of course we should honor our father and mother, that's his importance of families commandment.  It also mirrors the relationship we will have with our father and mother in heaven.

6. Thou shalt not kill.  hard one to understand, actually... what constitutes unlawful killing?  Even Moses killed.  

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.  Big A.G., you mentioned peeps that committed adultery, but throughout the bible it mentions adultery as "lusting after someone" (Christ said this was adultery)... sleeping outside of marriage (most of us have done this), and of course sleeping with someone else while married... we've all broke this one

8. Thou shalt not steal, easy enough.  There's a very interesting story in the new testament where peter (I think) had his coat stolen while christ and the disciples slept under a bridge.  Christ told him not to sweat it.

9. Not bearing false witness against thy neighbor I believe had much to do with the practice at the time of witnesses basically spraying people up, saying she did this he did this, when it didn't happen.  Now it probably means more like don't lie about your friends or people you know, tell the truth about them.

10. Do not covet, this is a hard one, has a lot to do with Jealousy.  

We all sin, we've all broke most of these, I know I've broken all but 1 and 6... I've even had graven images.  Infinite's best point is when he says that we all worship things besides god, that's true, personally I worship women and my car.  

Peace~

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2002, 11:30:31 AM »
I'm in two minds... here are my two observations on the sabbath day thing.

I say keep the sabbath day holy.

Town here sucks for skating since sunday shopping. damn people getting in the way. I'm not religious, but I think an enforced day of rest is a good thing for people.

Heres the flipside tho...

On sunday I get to go skate.. guess what. The indoor skateboard park here is run by a church volunteer group. Nice people! Only one problem. Skatepark is closed because they're observing the sabbath.

verbalassaulta

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2002, 06:11:22 AM »
the 10 commandments are a joke....they are good example in why people started religion in the first place...as kind of a law to keep the less intelligent ones in check

infinite59

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2002, 05:40:38 PM »
I practice all the commandments except for the one about not working on the Sabath.  I remember I was friends with a Mormon kid during little league baseball.  He was the best player on the team and when he'd miss games on sunday the team would lose.  Then in jr. high he wouldn't let me sign his yearbook because he thought I'd cuss in it.

Anyway..... I noticed something about those commandments that Christians need to beware of.  And that is shirk.  Associating partners with God.  It says, "Thou shall not make any likeness of me in heaven or Earth."   It is clear that Christians have made Jesus God's partner and son.  This is the worst kind of sin.  The Holy Qur'an teaches that the only unforgiveable sin is to associate partners with God.

Quakaveli

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2002, 07:04:49 PM »
Is "Allah" THAT insecure that he considers killing or stealing a lesser crime than "associating" other gods with him or in place of him? ::)

Pillow

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2002, 09:28:04 PM »
If the 10 commandments are true....I'll see everyone that has breath in hell...lol

Fuck Religion.....

lol....God Is a bitch...
muthaphukka don't exist
you fucken bearded biatches are wasting your time....lol

It's funny az fuck...lol
bomb the world but when it all ends....lol..
I'll shave you....lo

Hatesrats 2oo2
hey dog u dont have to like religion or belive in it, but please man i am askin u nicley dont talk about my god like that, i dont appriciate it

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2002, 02:48:46 PM »
I practice all the commandments except for the one about not working on the Sabath.  I remember I was friends with a Mormon kid during little league baseball.  He was the best player on the team and when he'd miss games on sunday the team would lose.  Then in jr. high he wouldn't let me sign his yearbook because he thought I'd cuss in it.

Anyway..... I noticed something about those commandments that Christians need to beware of.  And that is shirk.  Associating partners with God.  It says, "Thou shall not make any likeness of me in heaven or Earth."   It is clear that Christians have made Jesus God's partner and son.  This is the worst kind of sin.  The Holy Qur'an teaches that the only unforgiveable sin is to associate partners with God.

Ah, good thing I don't believe what the Qur'an says, Or I'd go to hell!  Whew, that was a close one.  

Instant_Killa

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2002, 06:01:40 PM »
I loved watching the movie "The 10 commandments", awesome film..id recommend it to anyone of any religion.