Author Topic: Diddy Compares Rick Ross To Biggie Smalls  (Read 3244 times)

Leggy Hendrix

Re: Diddy Compares Rick Ross To Biggie Smalls
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2010, 09:16:26 AM »
you cant be serious? please, biggie was being touted as the G.O.A.T., rightly or wrongly, after 1 album...the shit didnt start after he died.
Ofcourse a few people considered him the goat, I'm not calling him bad or anything.
I'm sure 98% of who call him the goat started doing so after his death or atleast after the death row beef.

You shouldn't consider somebody a GOAT for 1 good album anyway.

take another listen to big's catalogue, nonsense...there was so much more to what he had to say than just bitches and money
It made up for most his catalogue & we know he was all about the money.
Ok let me add death to that list...

this comment actually hurt my head...Big accomplished more lyrically in 1 track than Gucci will his entire career...to try and put them on any kinda parity is sheer blasphemy
I knew people couldn't read....

I'm not comparing Biggie with gucci I'm comparing the comparisson.
Tupac is just so much better then B.I.G., you can prefer BIG's music but pac is still superior.

EDIT: I don't hate biggie I just think he's the most overrated rapper in history next to jigga.

i can read perfectly well, but what you said was just a stupid example of a comparison...we all know the reason that 2pac and biggie are always compared to each other is due to everything that went on at the time, and the fact they were the biggest on their relative coasts at the time...

at the end of the day its all relative anyway, it just gets really boring reading the same pac/biggie bullshit every time either of their names is brought up...whatever any of us thinks doesnt matter, cos we're not all gonna agree so why have the fuckin conversation? its about as played out a topic as there is in hip hop

p.s. they are probably the 2 most over-rated mc's of all time, jay-z coming a close 3rd...i reckon if they were both still alive today they'd both be viewed in the same kinda way jay is, cos after this long your subject matter and motivation isnt gonna be what it used to

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Paul

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2010, 10:30:59 AM »
i think Biggie is lucky he died or he would of fell off.

Yeah, really lucky  ::)
funkyfreshintheflesh

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2010, 10:32:47 AM »
you look at all the other guys that people said were "better" than Biggie?

Pac, Nas, Scarface, maybe Jay-Z.

you know what they all have in common? mad albums & music.

if you can honestly give the title of GOAT or "one of the greatest" to a guy who has two albums compared to the guys i named, who have like ten; it's really like, "wtf?" lol.

your opinion is a write-off from now on.

you said biggie is lucky to be dead, just so he wouldnt sell out or fall off?

grow up kid.

illwill

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2010, 04:30:25 PM »
This what happens when you get people like Cham and Ikke talking about rappers that were out when they weren't even cum shots in their Dads sack.  And people like Hack and Jay that live in fucking log cabins.  First of all Biggie wasn't named the GOAT after Ready to Die.  He was being called the King of NY after Ready to Die.. huge difference.  And you can make the argument so and so may be better than Big, hell I'll take Nas over Big any day of the week BUT BIGGIE WILL ALWAYS BE THE KING OF NY.  Secondly people say Big would of sold out, yea well if my uncle had tits he be my Aunt.  We will never know if Big would of sold out.  But Pac sold out with All Eyez on Me.  He completely switched up his style on that one and became a gangsta rapper.  THAT WAS THE FUCKING NORM BACK IN THE MID 90'S.  He went from a deep introspective rapper on MATW to a gangsta rapper on Death Row.  Tell me how that isn't being a sell out.  Unless you were only a cum shot in 96 or lived in a log cabin you wouldn't know what the climate in rap was back in the mid 90's  And how is Pac clear cut better than Big ?  Flow wise and mic presence wise it's a push.  Lyrically Big shit all over Pac.  Story telling wise it's a push I might be inclined to give it to Big.  Content and emotion wise Pac is way better than Big.  So tell me how Pac is so much better than Big.  Because he made more albums, thats the dumbest fucking thing I ever heard in my fucking life.

NY is the mecca of rap if Biggie was overrated he wouldn't of been the face of the NY revival in the 90's.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2010, 04:40:01 PM »
see the problem is people hear something that they don't want to hear, "Biggie is overrated" & they just reach for whatever.

obviously, like you LEGIT have to be a fucking moron to not understand that i'm overexaggerating the fact he was "lucky to die". ::)

lol, like you don't even know, a complete idiot.

but you just rejected all my other points, didn't quote any other statements, couldn't take note of anything else i said, just the one thing most people who aren't butt-hurt over my opinion understood was an overexaggeration.

i swear, it gets pathetic. :grumpy:

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2010, 04:49:43 PM »
Diddy must be on crack or something.

By the way... the fact of the matter is... ICE CUBE IS THE GOAT  ;D

illwill

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2010, 04:55:43 PM »
see the problem is people hear something that they don't want to hear, "Biggie is overrated" & they just reach for whatever.

obviously, like you LEGIT have to be a fucking moron to not understand that i'm overexaggerating the fact he was "lucky to die". ::)

but you just rejected all my other points, didn't quote any other statements, couldn't take note of anything else i said, just the one thing most people who aren't butt-hurt over my opinion understood was an overexaggeration.

No you're fucking argument is retarded as well.  Your logic is Biggie is overrated because Pac put out more material.  Which is fucking retarded.  But should I expect any different from a Long Islander ?

ThaChamp

« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2010, 04:59:37 PM »
is cham calling Biggie overrated?

no fuckin way... Rick ross is the biggest overrated fake rapper out there

illwill

« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2010, 05:04:27 PM »

Cham is a fucking retard.

Jaydc

« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2010, 05:18:46 PM »
i like more Big then Pac...Pac was on some corny gangsta shit,Big was more allround rapper...

Im sorry but that could be the dumbest thing Ive ever read.Youve obviously never listened to eithers music.Big was straight gangsta stuff almost bordering on corny on every track.He had maybe one or two songs that were different.pac had songs about evverything.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2010, 05:23:12 PM »

lol Rick Ross is one of the worst rappers out there, i'm not saying he's any good & i'm not saying Biggie is wack.

No you're fucking argument is retarded as well.  Your logic is Biggie is overrated because Pac put out more material.  Which is fucking retarded.  But should I expect any different from a Long Islander ?

no, it's not; you just don't want to admit it because his dick is still down your throat.

my 50 Cent analogy was on point, i think anyway.

put out two amazing albums, had all the hype in the world & i bet today you think he's "god fucking awful".

meanwhile, if he would have unfortunately passed away after Get Rich or Die Tryin', he would get praised as a great today.

how can you call or put a guy with a SHITLOAD less material on the same level as guys who have put out classic song after classic song, showing consistency?

and you don't even have an argument, you just get personal because you have nowhere to go.

your typical response: "no, you're wrong; you're retarded & you're "from Long Island"."

you have no real argument you just use personal insults to belittle a brotha to other people like A.G. & T.D.A. & Paul who don't agree with me either; as if you feel personal insults make you right & i'm wrong.

genuinely sad. :-X

illwill

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2010, 05:44:57 PM »

lol Rick Ross is one of the worst rappers out there, i'm not saying he's any good & i'm not saying Biggie is wack.

No you're fucking argument is retarded as well.  Your logic is Biggie is overrated because Pac put out more material.  Which is fucking retarded.  But should I expect any different from a Long Islander ?

no, it's not; you just don't want to admit it because his dick is still down your throat.

my 50 Cent analogy was on point, i think anyway.

put out two amazing albums, had all the hype in the world & i bet today you think he's "god fucking awful".

meanwhile, if he would have unfortunately passed away after Get Rich or Die Tryin', he would get praised as a great today.

how can you call or put a guy with a SHITLOAD less material on the same level as guys who have put out classic song after classic song, showing consistency?

and you don't even have an argument, you just get personal because you have nowhere to go.

your typical response: "no, you're wrong; you're retarded & you're "from Long Island"."

you have no real argument you just use personal insults to belittle a brotha to other people like A.G. & T.D.A. & Paul who don't agree with me either; as if you feel personal insults make you right & i'm wrong.

genuinely sad. :-X

No, your 50 Cent analogy is fucking retarded is as well.  Because even when 50 was everywhere no one was comparing him to the all time greats except for teeny boopers and pop fans who didn't know any better.  Big put out a classic album and a near classic.  Please tell me whats not consistent about that ?  Because by your dumb ass logic he didn't live in the studio like Pac ?  And btw Big wanted off BadBoy because he felt Big was going to try and turn him pop.  But speaking of selling out, you never replied to my claim of Pac selling out with All Eyez on Me.  Tell me how that wasn't a sell out move.  You talk about Pac being better but when you compare skill sets it's fucking even and comes down to personal preference.  See cham every valid point I ever raise you ignore and go on some dumb ass argument and than claim all people do is call you retarded.

It's kinda like Baseball when I said the Mets weren't a good team.  But your argument was "bubububut ESPN picked them you're wrong and only saying the Mets can lose to act surprised if they win"  Now the media says the Mets have a lot of holes and aren't as good as the Phlllies and Braves.... just like I was saying last season.  But you always come with some dumb ass fucking logic instead of discussing valid counter arguments and points raised by the other person.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 05:49:21 PM by Fist pump from hell »

Jaydc

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2010, 05:51:22 PM »
If 50 cent died after get rich he would viewed as one of the all time greats theirs no doubt about that.That album was critically acclaimed,it was hot,lyrically it was dope,and everyone loved him at that point.

illwill

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2010, 05:58:32 PM »
If 50 cent died after get rich he would viewed as one of the all time greats theirs no doubt about that.That album was critically acclaimed,it was hot,lyrically it was dope,and everyone loved him at that point.

He was all over the place during that time and the album was critically acclaimed but no one was comparing to him the all time greats during that time except people like you who were just getting into rap at the time.  And the album wasn't lyrically dope lmfao.  That was always a knock on 50 lmfao.  It was his other attributes that made his music dope back in the day.

Jaydc

« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2010, 06:00:21 PM »

He was all over the place during that time and the album was critically acclaimed but no one was comparing to him the all time greats during that time except people like you who were just getting into rap at the time.  And the album wasn't lyrically dope lmfao.  That was always a knock on 50 lmfao.  It was his other attributes that made his music dope back in the day.

Why are you so quick to make assumptions about everyone just to try to make it look like your winning an arguement,its pretty pathetic.And I was there when big and pac were alive and nobody was going these are the best rappers ever!All that talk came after they died.