Author Topic: member of Tennessee Titans praises Darrelle Revis and disses Philip Rivers  (Read 148 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Cortland Finnegan wants NFL award

Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan has already set a big goal for the 2010 season — NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

He's motivated by the work of Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis and Packers cornerback Charles Woodson. The former is regarded as the league's best shutdown corner, and the latter was recently voted 2009 Defensive Player of the Year.

"Revis is my true inspiration,'' Finnegan said on Monday after taking part in a workout and open house at PUNCH Kettlebell Gym in Franklin. "The way he has been handling guys all season is impressive.

"I've talked about goals like All-Pro and Pro Bowl, but Defensive Player of the Year is something I want to put in my back pocket and I want to work at it. And I want to have the same approach (as Revis) where I cover the best receiver each week and take the necessary steps to be the best.''

Woodson had nine interceptions, returning three for touchdowns.

"He has been doing it so long and is great," Finnegan said. "He is hands down Defensive Player of the Year, but Revis is definitely No. 2."

Revis is still alive in the playoffs, however.

"He is a bigger guy than I am, so he is able to push people around," Finnegan said. "I can say I am a little quicker and a little faster. But as far as an overall corner, he is definitely better than I am, so I have to do things better and I hope to do that.''

Finnegan, who in 2008 was named All-Pro and was voted to the Pro Bowl, led the Titans with five interceptions in '09.

He'll be rooting for Revis and the Jets on Sunday. If they beat the Colts in the AFC Championship game, Finnegan will go to the Pro Bowl as first alternate at the position. Revis wouldn't be able to play because the Jets would be preparing for the Super Bowl. This year, the Pro Bowl is a week before the Super Bowl.

"If their defensive line plays the way they've been playing and they can run the ball against the Colts, I like the Jets," Finnegan said. "I love the style of defense they play.''

Finnegan was pulling for the Jets this past Sunday, when they beat the Chargers and their unpopular quarterback as far as the Titans and their fans are concerned.

"I was really excited to see Philip Rivers choke,'' he said.

On Monday, Finnegan worked out with a room full of Middle Tennesseans — young and old — at the new PUNCH Kettlebell gym, which is owned by Michelle Novak, wife of Titans assistant strength and conditioning coach Jason Novak.

Adam Brown, son of long-time Metro football coach and current Cumberland assistant Buddy Brown, is head trainer at the facility. Jason Novak also conducts clinics.

The focus: full-body workouts with kettlebells, something the Titans have used for years.

"It is training your body as a unit and gaining functional strength,'' Jason Novak said. "It makes the grocery bags lighter, it makes you hit the golf ball farther, it is going to make jogging a little easier.''

After the Titans started using kettlebells, teams including the Colts and Raiders followed, as did NBA teams including the Celtics and Bobcats.

Finnegan, who owns Pure Barre workout studio in Green Hills and is opening one in Brentwood, swears by the kettlebell workout.

"When you train your body and want to get better, this does it,'' he said. "I could run all day, but when I picked up a kettlebell for an hour I couldn't breathe and I was a little upset about that.

"I really didn't buy into it until I saw the benefits that I got doing it and it really helped. I'd encourage people to give it a try.''
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

Finnegan has the tools to do it. He's one of the better cover corner in the league. Anyone who pays attention to him knows that. I absolutely love him. A 7th round draft pick out of a very small school, nobody heard of him. He's a small guy but plays like a giant. And best of all, he's an asshole lol. He's one of those troublemakers on the field that loves to get into the opponent's head. He was a pro bowler last year and I believe would have been again this year if it wasn't for injuries. He missed about 4-5 games and still came down with 5 INTs.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:00:48 PM by Lunatic »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
he better recognize! 8)

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Re: member of Tennessee Titans praises Darrelle Revis and disses Philip Rivers
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 09:41:26 PM »
I'd diss Phillip Rivers too & his apologists.  I only heard of Revis from Jets fans when they beat the Ingratriots & were hyping him up.  Well he lived up to the hype & under 6 feet also :o If I was a college footbal coach, i'd discriminate on cb size, only give chances on those 6'2 & above.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 09:01:32 PM »
I'd diss Phillip Rivers too & his apologists.  I only heard of Revis from Jets fans when they beat the Ingratriots & were hyping him up.  Well he lived up to the hype & under 6 feet also :o If I was a college footbal coach, i'd discriminate on cb size, only give chances on those 6'2 & above.
hahahaha

revis is the man...has been legit since day 1  :D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 04:41:45 AM »
I'm very sure this one idiot Fraudger fan knows that now.  I saw a youtube of this fool talking junk about revis & then uses the word penis cause it rhymes.  I tried finding it again but he probably took it off cause he heard everyone's mouth ;D.  Fraudger fans talk as much junk as Fraudger players & they never won 1 SB at all.