Author Topic: So I just finished watching The Shield...  (Read 469 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So I just finished watching The Shield...
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 05:59:40 AM »
^Thx for the Lie To Me suggestion, I'll definitely check that out.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 08:36:45 PM »
i just went back and watched the Co-Pilot, the one they aired smack dab in the middle of season 2.  that shoulda been packaged with the original pilot man.  what a fucking great episode.  it gets a lot of hate because of when it aired, but take that away and its the perfect beginning to the Shield.  

i especially like the line that gannon said about wyms, "she wont last long".  hahaha  :bandit:

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:38:17 PM by J.D. Wykid, Esq. »

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 11:43:45 AM »
The Shield, for me, is the most consistently entertaining and engrossing watch ever to be on television. I'd even put it above The Sopranos, The Wire etc. Those shows are slowburners and build through scriptwriting and story twists...Shield is just high octane drame from beginning to end. Great show.

Mygla

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 07:34:09 PM »
One of my favorite shows EVER.

To me, the greatest tv show ever... I remember seeing the pilot when it first aired in Europe, having heard nothing about the show, I'm like: "Hey, that's Scali, the fuckin' Commish!" (I used to watch The Commish every friday when I was a kid, and for those of you who remember, Tony Scali wasn't exactly Vic Mackey  ;D ) , "this could be interesting...", and BOOM, the motherfucker pops Crowley... That shit caught me off guard, and I was hooked ever since. Great show from beginning to end, each season with it's own qualities and high/low-points.. Great starring ensemble (esp Chiklis and Goggins, can't believe awards didn't rain over Goggins after the last few seasons, some of the finest acting i've seen on tv imo) and some awesome big guest/re-occuring roles (Anthony Anderson, Glenn Close, Forrest Whitaker, Sticky Fingaz, Brian White, Michael Peña, Michele Hicks and countless more). The Dutch/Claudette storylines had some menacing villains too, like Melanie Lynskey (from Two & 1/2 Men) and Kirk Baltz.

And the music is so fucking great!, Live - Overcome in the season 2 finale, Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm from one of the last eps in season 5, Johnny Cash - I Hung My Head from the first ep of season 6++++

this thread made me dig out my Shield dvd's again... I'm gonna have my first complete re-watching since the show ended :)

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 05:07:55 AM »
Damn yeah that's exactly what i thought, Goggins was 200% in his role. What's noteworthy about this actor is that he lost his (real) wife sometime between season 2-4, she's committed suicide!
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !