Author Topic: Wow this arizona-green bay game is amazing  (Read 340 times)

Jaydc

Re: Wow this arizona-green bay game is amazing
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 06:23:58 PM »
Once a play has been challenged, the entire play is open to review. That means that a coach could challenge one particular aspect of a play but the official may see something else that was missed instead.

Penalties and whether they should or should not have been called cannot be reviewed. Almost everything else can be reviewed, including completions, turnovers, spotting of the ball, in-bounds/out of bounds calls, scoring plays and so on.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »
Once a play has been challenged, the entire play is open to review. That means that a coach could challenge one particular aspect of a play but the official may see something else that was missed instead.

Penalties and whether they should or should not have been called cannot be reviewed. Almost everything else can be reviewed, including completions, turnovers, spotting of the ball, in-bounds/out of bounds calls, scoring plays and so on.

I'm not debating here. I'm just wonder why an unflagged face mask is different from an unflagged forward pass?

Lunatic

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2010, 06:26:35 PM »
ya, penalties are not reviewable and I believe it should stay that way.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 06:29:26 PM »

i don't know.

those pass interferences happen so fast & the WR always wins; i think slowed down, many calls would get overturned.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 06:32:22 PM »

i don't know.

those pass interferences happen so fast & the WR always wins; i think slowed down, many calls would get overturned.

Pass interference and holding are one thing. They are subjective. A face mask is not subjective. He either has his face mask in hand or not. Just like a forward fumble, or an illegal forward pass.

Jaydc

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2010, 06:33:59 PM »
How are they subjective?Theirs rules and you break them theirs a penalty,just like a face mask.Either you hold someone or you dont,that isnt subjective.

Lunatic

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2010, 06:36:42 PM »
The game I find would slow down a lot if penalties were reviewable. I understand the argument to make them so, but I disagree.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2010, 06:37:25 PM »

i don't know.

Pass interference and holding are one thing. They are subjective. A face mask is not subjective. He either has his face mask in hand or not. Just like a forward fumble, or an illegal forward pass.

yeah, but what kind of moron would challenge a clear facemask?

if a coach really thinks that a penalty called was bullshit, they should have a right to challenge it.

same consequences though, timeout charged & if you get it right, you get another one.

Jaydc

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »
The game I find would slow down a lot if penalties were reviewable. I understand the argument to make them so, but I disagree.

Agreed,people would be calling for reviews after every big play looking for some small infraction

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2010, 06:42:35 PM »

Agreed,people would be calling for reviews after every big play looking for some small infraction

yeah, but when they run out of challenges, they couldn't keep doing it.

& if they keep getting it right, they should have the right to keep challenging it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2010, 06:42:51 PM »
How are they subjective?Theirs rules and you break them theirs a penalty,just like a face mask.Either you hold someone or you dont,that isnt subjective.

1) you can still argue it was a pass interference or a hold. You cannot argue a face mask. A ref can say dual contact or he wasn't grabbing him, or didn't interfere with the pass. If the fingers are locked around the mask they way it was with Rodgers, it cannot be argued.

2) if you could review holding and challenge it and the refs could have cameras on every angle, like they will one day you really could all a hold on every play.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2010, 11:05:38 PM »
as a packer fan i am really disappointed.

but if the packers won..i dont know if i could handle another one of these games...AMAZING come back by the pack

too bad the result was different...yikes rodgers
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008