Author Topic: Exclusive: DJ Silk & Chocolate Interview: Detox & More (major hand in Detox)  (Read 1932 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Very good interview, Lunatic. Thanks

+1

Lunatic

by the way, can you explain how DJ Silk & Chocolate have a major hand in Detox?
the interview didn't really explain this.
[/color]
They're pretty much in there every single day working trying to create new stoff for the album. They've officially signed a production deal with Aftermath.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
by the way, can you explain how DJ Silk & Chocolate have a major hand in Detox?
the interview didn't really explain this.
They're pretty much in there every single day working trying to create new stoff for the album. They've officially signed a production deal with Aftermath.
i see, thanks for the answer.

it's crazy though, how many people are actually contributing to Detox now  :o
i don't think Dre ever had a bigger team

Lunatic

^ Ya, the team is very insane.

And the good thing is everybody is getting their chance like Dre promised. Most former Dre protege's have been given a chance to come in to create something.

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
with so many people working on this record, what the fuck is dre actually doing himself?. Theres no excuse for this album taking so long when

1. Dre doesnt write anything himself
2. He has a bunch of other producers working on this album

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
with so many people working on this record, what the fuck is dre actually doing himself?. Theres no excuse for this album taking so long when

1. Dre doesnt write anything himself
2. He has a bunch of other producers working on this album

Those two statements apply to his entire career. Doesn't he generally have like 3 co-producers working with him, plus a whole gang of session performers, plus a whole gang of writers....

and yet we get on average like 5 songs a year from the dude. Who knows what goes on in his studio....

My guess is that Dre actually is prolific... he and his team probably have made several songs a week this decade (or last decade, to be exact). But for whatever reason or another (label politics, beef, perfectionism, egos), 95% of it has been thrown in the trash.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn, every few months someone new pops and and speaks on detox and hypes it up...but i must say, these dudes hyped it up a lot for me. Hope we wont have to wait much more than another year to hear it. i know, i know. y'All dont have to say it lol, wishful thinking.

Luna, damn good interview homie ! Didnt know u were only 19, you're good tho, not asking the same old typical questions. + 1 8)

toebee

• Lil Geezy
Does anyone have a link for their myspace or something like that????????????

2euce 7even

dope interview.
but he didnt produced that much man.what did he produce?
too bad your didnt ask him about paradise, convicts and BOX.

teletomble

Does anyone have a link for their myspace or something like that????????????
Chocolate's : http://www.myspace.com/ginuwindraftz
Silk's : http://www.myspace.com/shuteyemuzic
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 08:07:53 AM by teletomble »

toebee

• Lil Geezy

Lunatic

Keep the feedback coming y'all! This is a MAJOR interview.

Silk & Chocolate are making moves. More with them coming shortly. And more with Choc's whole talented rapping family! lol (Silk, XV, etc.)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
props for the long interview :)
Raptalk.Net: What do you think of the process he’s going through now to try and regain his original voice back twenty years later?

Chocolate: (Laughs) you know that’s crazy, my mom had told me he went over and had dinner with her about a month ago. He was telling her that he was about to go and have surgery. I’m hoping that could happen. If that could happen, I think the west coast would really change. D.O.C. right to this day is one of the best lyricists in my book.
:eh: i thought The D.O.C. already had one operation in 2009?
This interview was done about 3 months ago. I'm not sure on the latest with DOC, ain't heard about anything.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZVC4GO-qNgQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZVC4GO-qNgQ</a>

this is from october 2009, so unless The D.O.C. took an operation in the last 2 months,
he's still shitting his pants :P