Author Topic: Nipsey Hussle, Iyaz & J.R. Rotem have remixed Mark Morrison's Return Of The Mack  (Read 1256 times)

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
you know...after a few listens...the hook has gotten pretty gay...i dont like the voice...it needs someone more commanding like morrison himself..and swag..nah not cool...

blkb

• 'G'
What's all the fuss about Iyaz? Who's paying for Nipsey to get a beat from JR?

cStyle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
this is slaaaaaaaaaammin :o 8)

··: O.G Kody™ :··

you know...after a few listens...the hook has gotten pretty gay...i dont like the voice...it needs someone more commanding like morrison himself..and swag..nah not cool...

Yeah it's all good untill that hook.

People outside of the UK have a VERY different opinion of Mark Morrison.

B.A.

I think the beat is tight, a good remake of the original with a nice classic west coast feel to it which I personally think we need more of. Nipsey sounds good over the track but I agree with what some of you have already said; the hook is a little too soft and the word "swag" has been kicked around way to much already so it just doesn't sit right with me to have it as part of the hook. But over all the song is dope, hopefully the album also has that traditional west coast vibe (with a 2010 twist of course) and doesn't sound like it's a little bit of everything, trying to be trendy to please everyone (radio Hip Pop clubby s#!t, South sounding, has Auto Tune on hooks, etc.) specially if your gonna call it "South Central State Of Mind".
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Portugoal

this is dope b ut the shoulda kept it the same with "return of the mack" not "swag"

it honestly takes a lot away from the song

MarshColin

Damn the track could be great, but they failed miserably on the hook....

Exactly. The remade beat is fire, Nipsey is fire, then that dude sings the hook and it ruins it. It's not that he's using auto tune so much as I just don't think this guys voice fits at all with the track. If you're gonna remake such a classic then do it justice.

Muhfukka

it doesnt even matter how good the rapping is, they fucked the hook up way too bad for it to even make a difference

thisoneguy360

They should have tried to use the original hook but I don't think it's that bad.

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
i'm guessing this ain't the mastered version right ? the volume seem a little low

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
man i remember an oldschool westcoast track that sampled the same song.

it had the basically the same hoook return of the mack but i think it was the actual singer.

anybody remember the name? i have it in my comp sum where but i forgot the song name n who made it.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
my god i cant find that song and its driving me crazy.

i have a feeling its a snoop or sugafree, dpg, bo-roc, of some sort but i might be wrong it also could of been from G-funk volume tracks in the hookup section

blkb

• 'G'
So is this Nipsey's new single?

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
looks like hes doing a music video for this according to
http://twitter.com/NipseyHussle/status/8057303539

when is nipsey's album supposed to be dropping?
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
nvm

it was

daz - baccstaberz