Author Topic: Snoop's MnW does another 10k, moving up to no.42 this week  (Read 1238 times)

ikke

Re: Snoop's MnW does another 10k, moving up to no.42 this week
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 04:59:16 AM »
It didn't sell because it was wack
Then how come CL2, Slaughterhouse  & survival skills didn't sell ::)

Albums still sell
Ofcourse some artist sell, but they apeal to a different demograph, people who buy albums.
Susan Boyle's main demograph is older people aren't brilliant with computers and already have a large cd colelction so they decide to just keep buying them, Then you have Black Eyed Peas & Lady Gaga, the biggest part of their demograph being little girls who spend all of their moeny on cd's, some may know how to download but they like the songs so much but decide to buy.

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 05:49:33 AM »
did you just say that Alicia Keys and Black Eyed Peas dont count cos they have a huge fanbase? are you listening to what you saying...

That implies that Snoop doesnt have a huge fanbase...well theres your answer right there. Y do you think he doesnt have a huge fanbase?? cos he has released flop after flop. We all already knew Malice in Wonderland is going to be Ego Trippin 2 before we even heard Gangsta Luv...

Ok then let me drop another name...Maxwell. He does not have a huge fanbase, but his last album sold even though there were like 10 tracks on it. Just because it was high quality...and before you go on how he is not gangsta, i know i know...but i listen to a wide variety of music.

Drake sold the hell outta an EP...7 tracks, 6 of which were quality. Y did ppl spend there cash on hardcopies for these albums even though there were so few songs?? because its something new, fresh, and worth your money.

Gucci didnt sell because he really was flavour of the month in the USA...unheard of in most places else. Gucci is unknown in Europe,Africa etc etc...

ikke

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 06:46:10 AM »
did you just say that Alicia Keys and Black Eyed Peas dont count cos they have a huge fanbase? are you listening to what you saying...

That implies that Snoop doesnt have a huge fanbase...well theres your answer right there. Y do you think he doesnt have a huge fanbase?? cos he has released flop after flop. We all already knew Malice in Wonderland is going to be Ego Trippin 2 before we even heard Gangsta Luv...

Ok then let me drop another name...Maxwell. He does not have a huge fanbase, but his last album sold even though there were like 10 tracks on it. Just because it was high quality...and before you go on how he is not gangsta, i know i know...but i listen to a wide variety of music.

Drake sold the hell outta an EP...7 tracks, 6 of which were quality. Y did ppl spend there cash on hardcopies for these albums even though there were so few songs?? because its something new, fresh, and worth your money.

Gucci didnt sell because he really was flavour of the month in the USA...unheard of in most places else. Gucci is unknown in Europe,Africa etc etc...

Then explain to me why soulja boy went platinum

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 06:48:56 AM »
cuz he made some of the wackest muzik ever and the industry wants that
he le the industry fuck him backwards and he was lovin it....lol

Then explain to me why soulja boy went platinum
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 06:55:50 AM »
RedMagic213
 LOL at u

what are YOU implyin? dat we should have to be ranking artists fanbases wit triple-a-game names like elvis Presly, Eric clapton, black eyed peas etcetera when we are talkin bout sales? the fuck outta here..

so an artist must b as siginifcant in fanbase-#'s as those names, to sell records? is dat how it's posed to b like..
apparently, it is. and dat's why ppl aren't sellin records -- like i already said..
SOME names are still sellin records, but generally many aren't - snoop's got a fanbase, but it can't b compared to other names like i mentioned ealier, therefore they're not relevant..

OF COURSE, BEP sells records (allowances from teenage-girls)
OF COURSE, alicia keys sells records (30+ females - one of the bigger percentages in cd-consumption, hands down)

both of theses acts' got bigger fanbases than friggin country-populations lol - and dat's why we logicaly can't bring em up when we're talkin recordsales. what r we headed for next? are u gon ask me why is Eric Clapton or Elvis Presly sellin more than Snoop? ffs  :P

Maxwell. He does not have a huge fanbase
what the fuck are u talkn about? the gas in maxwell's career has been runnin on one single thing, for the last years in his career - fanbase. and dat is 30+ females dat would regardlessly ride wit their artist through thick n thin - album after album.
Maxwell's aways been, just like D'angeo and Eric Benét, irrelevant names as far as through a media-perspective - but they've always survived because of their loyal followers..

if ur tryin to imply dat records do sell by bringin in a name like Maxwell, which in ur brain might be a smaller artist, u fail horrendosuly.. Maxewll latest touched the 300tho-scan mark becasue of it's loyal fuckin fanbase - it had nothin to do wit any "originality" or whatever. the critics didn't even eyeball it extra for a second, lol

artists are generaly speaking, not sellin compact-discs anymore, simple as dat - it's a dyin artform - and the survivors in this industry are hierarchy-artists
closed

so u are tellin me, dat an artists relevancy overseas is important when rankin the succcess of his album-sales in AMERICA.. god, r u stupid - no offense  :-\

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 07:02:03 AM by fabtoxicp »

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 11:03:23 PM »
Firstly...i never compared Snoop to Elvis etc...read my post again. I compared him to Alicia Keys, Black Eyed Peas and Jay Z...all off which released an album last year. Black Eyed Peas and Jay Z have been around as long as Snoop. And you need to check your demographics on Alicia Keys before you throw out your own stats.

If Snoop doesnt sell but Jayz, Black Eyed Peas and Alicia do...that just means Snoops album lacked whatever they had...thats a good product. Hate to burst your bubble, but Gangsta Luv is directed at the teenage girl market you mentioned above. And so was Sexual Eruption, so comparing current Snoop to Black Eyed Peas is valid. I am not a Black Eyed Peas fan at all !! I dont have their album. But what they did do is come out with something fresh which kept the market interested.

As for Maxwell...his last album got 6 Grammy nominations, including one for Song of the Year, as well as debuting at #1 on Billboard in 2009. Is that your definition of irrelevant?? Wow, i bet Snoop wished he was irrelevant too...

I never spoke about USA sales...im not from the US...and until you realise that the world is larger than USA then things wont change. Artists have already realised that. eg Kanye, that track he did Stronger sampled an old Daft Punk track specifically to hook the European market. That track was big in Europe 15 years ago, and they were already doing the autotune thing then. If you have noticed, all artists are now jumping at the chance of a European tour. Crooked I is in Amsterdam right now. The world id bigger than US... Also have you noticed more hip hop artists having European rockers on hooks??? if you cant think of any, then ill be glad to name you a list...

Gucci sux, thats y his album didnt sell...a good product will always sell...simple

fabtoxicp

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 12:39:01 AM »
the fact dat u aren't from the states destroys every previous post u ever made in this thread. sorry, but it's extremely funny to me - how can u speak on the business in the states, if u reside in.. i dont know.. finland? what do u know, Sherlock? every single post u made earlier just became irrelevant - and i thought we had a good debating goin there for a second.

it's like this, see..

the record-indsutry (like i said in a previous post) might live on in specific sections in the world, for a limited time - i.e. Asia, UK, Australia.. record-labels have always targeted these venues of cd-consuming, because of the fact dat the e-world bomb didn't hit the ppl over there yet
i dont know, but dat's the impression i have..
regardless, ppl are obviously still buyin records over threre - it's wellproven. recordlabels are targetin these countries (proof of dat is exclusive-releases and enhanced specialedition-releases). and artists are goin over to Tokyo to do shows, and signs exclusive cd's etcetera etcera.
now if u are from one of these world-sections, i would say i could understand ur previous buhlooney-rants about the recordinusry bein alive and stable like nothin ever happened during these last 5 fuckin years..
but see, in America, the heart of the recordbusiness - ppl just aren't (generally speakin) buyin compact-discs anymore.. now shut up about it lol. i dont have to throw up documented american soundscan-# facts to a guy living in Greece, now do i? wtf, lol

and the Maxwell-album didnt sell because of no fuckin grammy-prices or whatever, lol!
it touched the 300tho-mark BEFORE the fuckin grammy's went off, for christ sake.. so yes, the album SOLD because of it's fanbase, not becasue of any nomination/critic bullshit. fuck outta here
Maxwel became relevant in media, AFTER the fuckin thing touched the remarkable scan-digits

I never spoke about USA sales...
the topic in this forum has predominantly been about the situaton of the sales in the mecca of it all - the states. i think u'd notice dat, lol. why'd u speak on grammys, soundscan-numbers n things of dat nature, if not..?  :P

i do like the last quote u did tho.
"a good product will always sell"
very very tru, young padawan. dat is very, very tru..

however, if the format is dead, the product dies too.
LP's died in the beginning of the 80's - even thou GOOD PRODUCTS like Beatles i.e. were released on those formats..
u kno why the LP died, btw? beacuse of the birth of a new platform for music - "The Compact Disc". a platform dat now, nearly 30 years later are followin the same footsteps because of the birth of yet another platform for music - dat is called "the mp3-file"
NOW, whether the recordlabels will find ways to capoalize off of this new platform thoroughly - only time will tell.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:27:32 AM by fabtoxicp »

fabtoxicp

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 01:49:11 AM »
and trust me - i am familiar with the current impact dat European-music (specificaly eurodance from the 90's) had on american hiphop-music for the last 1˝years. we can all thank Flo-Rida for dat..
but dat type of trendsetting was actually a label-decision. it wasn't a coincidence - see, the recordlabels are adapting their cashcows wit the environment of what they, in many ways, are aiming for - Europe.
dat is one of the reasons why u can hear Juvenile sample the rockgroup Roxette, or Chamillionaire sample the rockgroup Europe
of course, they are tourin over there. lol
in some of these countries, the fans are stackin up cd's in their bookshelfs like it was Nineteen fuckin Ninetyfive. like nothin ever happend. look at Norway, Denmark
Europe, is one of the biggest lifelines for many many american recordlabels. and dat's no bullshit..
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:52:14 AM by fabtoxicp »

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 04:20:43 AM »
im done with this dude. Im not from Finland or Greece...but even if i were...so what !!! Didnt even read after the racism.

Its Americans like you that give the USA a bad name, thinking that the world revolves around you. I have friends from NY and LA that aint like you at all. They are the most modest people I know, interested in other ppls cultures. But you seem to be the typical George Bush American that make the rest of us think you arrogant.

Anyway i have no time to read racist post.

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010, 04:34:27 AM »
and since I am only a lower class non-American, and these seem to be US only related topics according to your comments, i will ensure that I would not comment in future...

fabtoxicp

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 04:43:56 AM »
ur "done" wt me?
obviously u aint got anythin to say, dat's why ur leavin.. nothin else

ur takin shit way out of context, by bringin in low-iq-comments like dat. u even made me mad there for a second..  :-[
how am i attackin Europe, u dumb muddafucca? i'm speakin facts, u fuckin idiot..
ur associatin the factual words dat i'm bringin up on Europe, wit negativity, and dat's why ur gettin mad. i've debated wit a few fools on this forum since i signed up a few months ago, but u must b the dumbest muddafucca alive.
on the real

rasism where? LMAO
how can ANYBODY b a fuckin "rascist" to a whole side of a planet? if dat would've been the case, i would b fuckin Hitler - which i'm obviosuly not, cuz I'm part swedish originally

i was just sayin dat it is not a good look for a guy overseas to speak on relevancy in recordsales in the states - am i fuckin "racist" for dat..?

ur an idiot - ur the type of dude dat spills and cries out irrelevant blahzay-blahzay (racist this, racist that), when u can't move on any further wit ur oppinions in a debate - because of the fact, dat ur tyin to save face wit ur loss.

U ARE A FUCKIN RACIST, and it's europeans like u dat are givin Europe a bad name, by bein a hatin and jealous-ass individual
fuck u, u dumb muddafucca and the pussy u came out of

I'm done wit u. ur finished
u got destroyed, after just 43 posts on this forum
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 04:49:06 AM by fabtoxicp »

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 05:02:23 AM »
me sorry but me no understand. me not so good with words. me no from america...me no even European. me from africa...me in jungle now. me king tarzan say me stop. me so sorry.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 07:57:20 AM »
me sorry but me no understand. me not so good with words. me no from america...me no even European. me from africa...me in jungle now. me king tarzan say me stop. me so sorry.

LOL
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

ikke

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 08:59:38 AM »
and trust me - i am familiar with the current impact dat European-music (specificaly eurodance from the 90's) had on american hiphop-music for the last 1˝years. we can all thank Flo-Rida for dat..
but dat type of trendsetting was actually a label-decision. it wasn't a coincidence - see, the recordlabels are adapting their cashcows wit the environment of what they, in many ways, are aiming for - Europe.
dat is one of the reasons why u can hear Juvenile sample the rockgroup Roxette, or Chamillionaire sample the rockgroup Europe
of course, they are tourin over there. lol
in some of these countries, the fans are stackin up cd's in their bookshelfs like it was Nineteen fuckin Ninetyfive. like nothin ever happend. look at Norway, Denmark
Europe, is one of the biggest lifelines for many many american recordlabels. and dat's no bullshit..
Euro's don't buy cd's, wtf are yout alkign about?
Barely even cd stores here in holland

V2DHeart

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 01:12:27 PM »

and im sure u would've heard about the snoopy-record if it wasn't for dubcc - wit all the HMV's u got out there. no prob  8)

I wish I could say yes, but seriously there's been nothing in the newspapers, nothing on TV, or anything like that. In a 30 miles radius I think there's like 2 HMV's in total. I guess it could be my lack of interest in in specific Hip Hop magazines, or the fact I don't watch the music video channels anymore, but as "under-a-rock" I may seem like to some, I still watch TV, and read the newspaper, and despite seeing store ad's showing prices of albums in newspapers, and TV ad's for the likes of:

Alicia Keys
Black Eyed Peas
Jay Z
Eminem

even Hip Hop wannabes like Tinchy Stryder, and N-Dubz. Granted, some mentioned are huge names, but I've seen smaller names from sources mentioned, and very surprised why Snoop, who has a good following in the UK - as seen by his more recent appearances here hasn't put much effort into pushing it here.  Maybe it's our lack of not buying the right materials that it's being advertised in. Anyones guess is as good as any
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>