Author Topic: so i caught a clipse of classic star wars or blue ray  (Read 258 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
so i caught a clipse of classic star wars or blue ray
« on: January 25, 2010, 09:07:41 PM »
they redid that entire shit, and it looked so foolish, the quality was 'good', but it took away the entire feel of that classic picture, i wonder how many others classics they fucked up in the same fashion

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: so i caught a clipse of classic star wars or blue ray
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 12:51:31 AM »
How did you see it on Bluray? A lot of films look fine upgraded to Bluray, but I imagine George Lucas put his hands on it to do extra shit. 

DEKO

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 02:01:44 AM »
they redid that entire shit, and it looked so foolish, the quality was 'good', but it took away the entire feel of that classic picture, i wonder how many others classics they fucked up in the same fashion

Yeah how did you get to saw this? Star Wars aint even announced on Blu-ray yet?!?! ???
And what do you mean with "foolish"? ::)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 07:17:50 AM »
hmm, im trying to figure this out, I was walking through sams club and they had it on, and it was a blue ray player, but its not released in blue ray so im not sure

as far as the picture goes, it just looked overly polished, the colors overly bright, and in all it looked like too futuristic, i dunno, it was just all wrong

DEKO

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 07:38:25 AM »
hmm, im trying to figure this out, I was walking through sams club and they had it on, and it was a blue ray player, but its not released in blue ray so im not sure

as far as the picture goes, it just looked overly polished, the colors overly bright, and in all it looked like too futuristic, i dunno, it was just all wrong

It couldn't have been the DVD version??? ::)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 09:49:58 AM »

I think it was the remastered version on DVD, that's the one Lucas changed.  He made a lot of visual changes, and even more scene, audio, actor changes over the years.  And for sure when the Bluray comes out he's going to make even more changes.