Author Topic: What you reading?  (Read 992 times)

JAZ

Re: What you reading?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 04:33:50 AM »
jack kerouac - on the road

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 09:55:18 AM »

you know, i never read that, i read 'dharma bums' and 'big sur' and really enjoyed them, so i really need to pick myself a copy of that, i know its a classic, what you think about it?

Trip Dee

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 11:37:14 AM »
Just finished "King Rat".  :o really really dope book. i can reccomend it with clear conscience.

JAZ

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 06:48:39 PM »

you know, i never read that, i read 'dharma bums' and 'big sur' and really enjoyed them, so i really need to pick myself a copy of that, i know its a classic, what you think about it?
im reading it in english, which isnt my first language. plus the story is kind of confusing, i think. one of jack most favorite sentences is: i will tell you about that later.. fuck you. i want to know what happened in fucking texas. reading it makes me kind of nervous, te whole atmosphere of the book is like you have a serious case of ADD. thus its a good book, because i have emotions of it by reading it. (spelling?)

JAZ

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 06:51:11 PM »
i recommend Glue by Irvine Welsh though. an awesome sory about friendship/growing up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glue_%28novel%29

Trip Dee

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 09:18:25 AM »
Started  "The Firm" by John Grisham...

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 09:52:33 AM »
just started reading stephen king's dark tower series, currently on book #2

it took me almost 6 months to read all 7 parts lol

Trip Dee

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 03:46:25 PM »
Started  "The Firm" by John Grisham...

finished than watched the movie. great book but goddamn that movie was wack :grumpy: that fuckin pimple tom cruise :grumpy:

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 08:38:52 PM »
just started the Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, so dope so far

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 01:13:01 PM »
The Corner

Been reading it for ages !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

thiru

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 11:37:08 PM »
Read in short segments (a few paragraphs to a few pages, depending on content density), all the while thinking about and paraphrasing the meaning of what is written.

To rehearse what you are memorizing, see how many of the mental pictures you can reconstruct. Use headings and highlighted words if needed to help you reinforce the mental pictures. Rehearse the mental pictures every day or so for the first few days after reading.

Think about the content in each segment in terms of how it satisfies the purpose for reading. Ask yourself questions about the content. “How does this information fit what I already know and don’t know? Why did the author say that? Do I understand what this means? What is the evidence? Do I agree with ideas or conclusions? Why or why not? What is the practical application?” How much of this do I need to memorize?” Apply the ideas to other situations and contexts. Generate ideas about the content.

It also helps to focus on what is not said. To do that you also have to keep in working memory what was said. This not only helps memory, but you get the opportunity to gain creative insights about the subject. In short, thinking not only promotes memory formation but also understanding.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 10:09:55 AM »
just finished reading The Game by Neil Strauss.

Pretty interesting stuff there. Most of the stuff they teach you i learned already from experience but it was still very interesting to learn that there are communities out there that are dedicated on picking up women.

The first half of the book is more of teaching the game while the second half turns into a story of how the character "style" uses what he's learned and moves into a mansion with other pick up artists and live this crazy life.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 03:58:56 PM »
Their Eyes Were Watching God.

kemizt

Trip Dee

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 02:19:00 AM »
Tropic Of Capricorn by Henry Miller. Tropic Of Cancer was cool, let's see bout that one...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 08:09:51 PM »