Author Topic: Am I The Only Person Who Thinks 2Pac Was Just Average...  (Read 1362 times)

fabtoxicp

Re: Am I The Only Person Who Thinks 2Pac Was Just Average...
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2010, 09:58:27 AM »

and Homie, Master P's ENTIRE label was on sum Pac sh*t.
I still own the entire catalog and my point has 100% validity and merit.

C-murder sure, forgot his name - sorry. but i could never in a million years relate Silkk, Mystikal or Mia X etc wit Mr Shakur in style  :-\ comon..

Pac aint got that many minuses.. i feel that's puttin xtras on it..
that's what theorists who share your setiments about Pac typically say.

dat's ur opinion, homie - n i respect it.

im stickin to my opinons though -- and i dont think feel like the mentality of "rankin Goat-titles (in HIPHOP) after capabilites on havin skills on the mic" is such a weird and taboo-thing.
If ur the best rapper, u gotta rap - if ur the best skateborder, u gotta skate
simple

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2010, 10:04:02 AM »
Well if opinions matter..

70+ Million opinions make a hard case to say he was only an average rapper..

Eminem is the highest selling artist in Hip-Hop with only a few million over Pac in total sales..
we all know Eminem is an elite artist lyrically, from freestyle to written.. hate or love his style.

That speaks numbers (no pun intended).
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

fabtoxicp

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2010, 10:12:11 AM »
to bring up soundscan-digits is typical for ppl who doesn't feel like they can contribute more vocabularly to a debate. i could give a fuck about what 70 million people bought. then we might as well add Vanilla ICe's incredibly talented ass to the subject.. fuck dat.

70 million likes 2pac yeah sure, but dat doesnt solidy him as bein "the goat".

and if u can find the word "average" anywhere in any of my prevuious posts, i wil buy u a 2pac-compact disc..

i said dat he was "overrated" nothin else - im probly a bigger pac-fan than 80 percent of the contributors to this thread.

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2010, 10:25:38 AM »
lol @ contribute more vocabulary

the reality is conformists hate the surfacing of soundscan points because it reminds them of the overall public acceptance of the point they are fighting so hard to invalidate. Before record labels manipulated the manufacturing/retail system, if records sold they were popular.. even if u have to include Vanilla Ice.

The 70 Million point was made to solidify him as more than just an average rapper.. not the GOAT (stay with me here).

if u didn't say average, then i'm obviously not directing that point to you..
this is an open-discussion with multiple 'vocabularies' contained.. lol.

Overrated.. but on who's ranking system..

fabtoxicp

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2010, 10:42:04 AM »
the reality is conformists hate the surfacing of soundscan points because it reminds them of the overall public acceptance of the point they are fighting so hard to invalidate.

:D
the reality is dat soundscan-#'s means absolutely "nada" - public opinions means "nada" - when evaluating worthy titles of rappers and their music.
there's nothin u can prove to me, by sayin dat the the typical cd-consumer likes 2pacshakur-music..

if dat would've been the case, then i wonder why Vanilla Ice and/or Will Smith doesn't stand firm on the top-10-list platform of greatest rapper of all time.. cus obvioulsy, alotta cd-consumers like 'em CUS THEY SOLD ALOT OF CD'S, so they gotta be the best rappers right?

right?
lol

Overrated.. but on who's ranking system..
overrated on my ranking-system, Einstein. Lol
and i'm tryin to define why in this specific forum!!
whether ppl agrees wit me or not is irrelvant - and what i would prefer, is a good debate, that isn't ended by babblin irrelevant soundscan-digits dat desn't prove shit..

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:55:42 AM by fabtoxicp »

fabtoxicp

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2010, 10:50:01 AM »

this bitch sold MILLIONSGAZILLIONS of cd's bck in the late 90's --

but still - there is nothin to this day, dat can be tied to this "music" as positive historicaly, whether it b through the public or anythin in media

sales doesn't mean shit, and i be damned if "history of sales" would be a future-guideline when ranking rappers for top10-lists

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2010, 11:32:07 AM »
Einstein has said his piece. Thanks for the discussion.  8)

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »

this bitch sold MILLIONSGAZILLIONS of cd's bck in the late 90's --

but still - there is nothin to this day, dat can be tied to this "music" as positive historicaly, whether it b through the public or anythin in media

sales doesn't mean shit, and i be damned if "history of sales" would be a future-guideline when ranking rappers for top10-lists

thats only one song LOL where is that hoe now?   ... one hit wonder for lil girls and you compare this to pac?LOL
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

fabtoxicp

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2010, 11:40:04 AM »
Shiest
Ditto..
 8)

Hazzard
i wasn't comparing Aqua to 2pac - LMAO  ;D

i was just makin an example dat it isn't reasonable in evaluating quality in an artist, even if the soundscan-digits of dat artist is big

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2010, 12:22:20 PM »
*sigh* i knew this would happen-

bottomline:
when u are defining mc's worthy of the goat-tiles in hiphop - one of the stripes a rapper has to have on his belt - is flow, lyrical wordplay, mic-capabilities etc etc -
there are 4 elements to hiphop - the "master of the crowd"
-subject bein one of the more important ones, dat ppl should keep in mind when ranking artists

LOL...did you just say the 4 elements of hip-hop are Emcee, flow, mic-capabilities, wordplay?  LOL.  What were you trying to say?   Do you even know what the 4 elements of hip-hop are?  Let me teach you some hip-hop 101...

4 Elements of Hip-Hop:

-Rapper
-DJ
-B-Boy (Breakin/"Breakdancing"
-Graffiti

No wonder you think Pac is just average when your understanding of hip-hop is so brief and narrow; how old are you?  Maybe you started listening to rap whenever that ignorant South shit started blowing up in the late 90's up till now. 

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

fabtoxicp

« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2010, 12:27:12 PM »
there, there now mister preacher..

im fully aware of the correct 4 elements of hiphop -
flow, lyrical wordplay, mic-capabilities - dat was one element, with 4 different words for it  ;)
u misunderstood

i was born in the middle 80's, and my age isn't relevant
and if u don't provide anythin constructive to this thread besides igna'nt blahzay-blahzay, i will most def eat u up within seconds..  ;)

No wonder you think Pac is just average
like i said, i never called pac "average" just "overrated" -
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:33:07 PM by fabtoxicp »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2010, 12:50:09 PM »
there, there now mister preacher..

im fully aware of the correct 4 elements of hiphop -
flow, lyrical wordplay, mic-capabilities - dat was one element, with 4 different words for it  ;)
u misunderstood

LOL...  nice try, but if you read your original post which I have quoted above, mentioning that their are "4 elements" to hip-hop was totally irrelevant to what your were saying or to the discussion at hand.  It's obvious you were under the assumption that the 4 elements concept had something to do with a rapper and his skill set.

So let me learn you boy, listen up....

See, back in the day the graffiti, DJin, and breakin were just as popular as the rapper.  It wasn't till the later 80's and 90's that the rapper became all the focus.  So at a hip-hop show back in the day, you may actually find that the rappers job was to hype up the DJ or the breakers, to get the party hype and MC the party the same way a wedding would have an "MC" who keeps everyone entertained during breaks in the action.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

fabtoxicp

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2010, 01:01:08 PM »
i dont know how well ur brain works, but try to read my quote one last time..
okay, here we go..

bottomline:
when u are defining mc's worthy of the goat-titles in hiphop - one of the stripes a rapper has to have on his belt - is flow, lyrical wordplay, mic-capabilities etc etc -
there are 4 elements to hiphop - the "master of the crowd"-subject bein one of the more important ones, dat ppl should keep in mind when ranking artists

u got it?
okay, good..
is flow, lyrical wordplay, mic-capabilities etc etc
that's 3 words really - one, two and three (PLUS- there's an "etc" there too. why would i write "etc" if was talkin about only 3 subjects, hm?)

now, check this out..
there are 4 elements to hiphop
why would i write 4 elements, and mention 3 previously in the same post.

i was talkin about 1 element (the mc-aspect) and i was dividing it to 3 words to describe thoroughly what i thought 2pac was lackin as a stripe

to be honest wit u, my impession is dat normaly someone would understand these writings - but if u dont understand, it's cool..  ;)

and don't preach to me about hiphop, cus i will mindrape u like Yoda, if ur willing to discuss history. i got a few Red Bulls wit me.. i can keep goin for a few hours. its  all good ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:11:09 PM by fabtoxicp »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2010, 01:04:15 PM »
Technically he wasnt the best but what he said was relevant and still is. He delved deep into his soul and made you connect with him, plus he made songs that actually meant something.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Fraxxx

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »
the correct impression ppl should have of him, is dat he was a great poet and artist, more than a great rapper

absolutely, pac deserves the halloffame-mention, but he sure as hell isn't goin down as the best fuckin rapper

That's what's up! Greatest Hip Hop artist/poet any day. Legitimate opinion! Greatest MC? How?
You listen to Pac, get the fuckkkkkk outta here? You nigga? YOU? Oh really? Stop playin' nigga, stop playin'.

What's your favorite joint? Only God Can Judge Me? Worddddd nigga, worddd? Ha ha. I know that's what it is.

lo You a fool! Of course it's Lord Knows! ;D
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.