Author Topic: We Are The World 2010  (Read 911 times)

Dogg Ly Dogg

We Are The World 2010
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:39:36 AM »

Twenty-five years after the original recording, history was made once again on Monday night (Feb. 1) as over 75 stars gathered to record a contemporary remake of “We Are the World” at Henson Recording Studios in Hollywood.

Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie, the producer and co-writer of the iconic 1985 philanthropic anthem, teamed with Wyclef Jean, producer RedOne, and producer-musical director Rickey Minor for the new version called “We Are the World – 25 for Haiti,” benefitting Haitian earthquake relief efforts.

The recording session took place in the same studio as the original song written by Richie and Michael Jackson, and featured a diverse lineup including Lil Wayne (redoing Bob Dylan’s verse), Kanye West, Jennifer Hudson, Trey Songz, Drake, Barbra Streisand, Toni Braxton, Snoop Dogg, Usher, Pink, Jamie Foxx, T-Pain, Keri Hilson, Brandy, Robin Thicke, Miley Cyrus, Busta Rhymes, Nicole Scherzinger, Akon, Tony Bennett, Carlos Santana, and many others.

“After I did Bob Dylan’s part, it kinda hit me that I guess this is something way more important than I could’ve ever imagined,” Wayne told reporters, while responding “Hell no!” when asked if his version was better than Dylan’s.

Singer Josh Groban also shared his experience. “To be smack-dab in the middle of a sandwich between Barbra Streisand and Weezy was personally a creative experience I don’t think I’ll ever have the pleasure of having again,” he remarked.

The world premiere of “We Are the World – 25 for Haiti,” along with the accompanying 3-D video, will air during NBC’s coverage of the Opening Ceremony of the Vancouver Winter Olympics on Friday, February 12.

Source: RAP-UP.com

SOUNDS HUGE!!!!!!
And check that picture hahaha even Nipsey Hussle doing some background

Portugoal

Re: We Are The World 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 08:48:20 AM »
I don't know what's worse... half of this line-up or what happened in Haiti.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 08:54:09 AM »
Talent wise, This can't FUCK with 1/10th of the OG.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 09:00:34 AM »

woof

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 04:22:53 PM »
The We Are The World remake might be the biggest most important record of our generation. Twenty-five years ago the original We Are The World record was a life changing moment for me, and i'm sure the remake of We are the World Haiti will do the same for the people of Haiti.
On Monday at the same Hollywood recording studio, the original We Are The World was recorded today's hottest celebrities gathered to remake the classic song. The LA Time wrote: "Just as Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan descended on the A&M Studios on La Brea to sing for famine relief in Africa, Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Kanye West and Keith Urban turned up at the same soundstage (now called Henson Recording Studios) to join an all-star chorus that was 100 voices strong."
And through the beauty of twitter we are allowed to catch an intimate glimpse of the making of a classic. Check out these amazing twitpics from Stephen Hill.

Some of the artists in the 100-member choir assembled by Quincy Jones are Pink, Lil Wayne, Eminem, AR Rahman, Kanye West, Jonas Brothers, LL Cool J, Robin Thicke, Celine Dion, Akon, Rob Thomas, Wyclef Jean, Jeff Bridges, Vince Vaughn, Barbra Streisand, Jordin Sparks, Good Charlotte's Madden brothers, Tony Bennett, Josh Groban, Snoop Dogg, Steve Saville, Jennifer Hudson, Britney Spears, Keri Hilson, Jamie Foxx, Tyrese, Katharine McPhee, Sean Garrett, Will.i.am, Brandy, Carlos Santana, Melanie Fiona, Enrique Iglesias, Toni Braxton, Cameron Bell, Jason Mraz, Miley Cyrus, Busta Rhymes, Nicole Scherzinger, Justin Bieber, Nicole Richie, Jay-Z, Usher, Julianne Hough, Raphael Saadiq, Zac Brown, India.Arie, Janet Jackson, Beyonce, Randy Jackson, Musiq Soulchild, Heart's Ann and Nancy Wilson, Fonzworth Bentley, Kid Cudi, Iyaz, Bizzy Bone, Nipsey Hussle, the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson and Al Jardine, Trey Songz, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Mya, Carrie Underwood and Gladys Knight. Other artists will be confirmed in an official press release.
It has also just been confirmed that Janet Jackson will be recording her brother Michael's lines from the song. Oscar-winning filmmaker Paul Haggis directed the music video of the session.
The song will premiere Friday, February 12, during the opening ceremony of the 2010 Winter Olympics.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 04:24:40 PM »
Eh

kemizt

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 04:26:47 PM »
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 04:27:57 PM »
Poor Michael, the man passes and they re-record his songs, disasterly, they take the catalog he owned and threw all the songs in commercials AND exploit his children. I'm sure he's havin' a heart attack.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 04:30:18 PM »
Poor Michael, the man passes and they re-record his songs, disasterly, they take the catalog he owned and threw all the songs in commercials AND exploit his children. I'm sure he's havin' a heart attack.
It's just the beginning.. :-\

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 04:32:43 PM »
Talent wise, This can't FUCK with 1/10th of the OG.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 04:36:18 PM »
...and release his private rehearsals as a movie, and release his unreleased tracks, family gets a reality show...damn. All we need now is his accusers to admit openly it was all lies. Poor guy.

Look at these got damn artists on this track though. Holeeeeee fuck. :-\

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 04:38:05 PM »
It goes to a good cause, but damn - write a damn new song will ya.

kemizt

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »
^ Real talk!

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 05:01:05 PM »
...and release his private rehearsals as a movie, and release his unreleased tracks, family gets a reality show...damn. All we need now is his accusers to admit openly it was all lies. Poor guy.

Look at these got damn artists on this track though. Holeeeeee fuck. :-\
They will keep milking him dry until there's nothing left; on an account Of "keeping His  Memory alive" :-\
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:09:28 AM by Mackin »

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 05:01:45 PM »
It goes to a good cause, but damn - write a damn new song will ya.
Exactly!!!.. 100 singers..and not one new song??? :-\