Author Topic: Review: 2Pac - Better Dayz  (Read 77 times)

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
Review: 2Pac - Better Dayz
« on: November 29, 2002, 06:30:05 PM »
I know this goes in the review section, but this isnt written by me......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The introduction starts off with a news reporter stating the question if tupac is alive , it creates a perfect introduction for the upcoming track "still balling" which features an unnessacery guest appearence from Trick Daddy, none the less he still drops a nice verse. On the solo version of "When We Ride On Our Enemys" the beat has a motion like feel as though your moving but does not match the power of the origonal beat. "Changed Man" is a perfect example of tupacs warrior side been displayed and has an unessasary guest appearence from Jazzy Pha. You a what ? Badboykillers, thats right bitch "fuck em all" is how this blazing track starts off, the beat is a head banger, pacs shouting his verses and the outlawz including kadafi are backing him up on this track. "Never Be Peace" was a track which origonally featured Storm and Marvaless and should have never been remixed, the previous beat carryed the emotion perfectly. "Mamas Just A Little Girl" depicts what its like for a teen to become a mother and shows the stages of the seed developing into a child "to ask us why we turn from bad to worst, is to ignore from which we came". The music and lyrics on "Stret fame" dont flow well together, some may feel it but i unfourtanately dont. "Watcha Gonna Do" has been remixed nicely, the lawz verses flow tightly and had me wondering "what Im Gonna Do when they come for me". This must be the third time that "Fair Exchange" has officially been remixed, its a great track but sounds more like a promotional way for Jazzy Pha to get his name out judging by the intro of this track. "Late Night" origonally from Death Rows "Chronic 2000 Still smokin" releaseis the only track on the album where Fatal is featured on with his "flawless Fatality", definitely a track that proves quik is sik. "Ghetto Star" has been redone with a slower feel than the origonal, it should have not been tampered with in my opinion. "Thugz mansion" is "the only place where thugs get in free and you gotta be a G" as tupac explains it, the acoustic strings are southing and the Nas collabo helps this track thrive. "My Block" is perfect for starting off the second disc "They got a n!gga shedding tears, reminissing on my past fears, cuz shit was hectic for me last year, it appears that i been marked for death, my heartless breath, the underline cause of my arrest, my life is stress, and no rest forever weary, my eyes stay teary for all the brothers that i burried at the cemetery, shit is scary, black on black crime legendary, but at time unessasary". Pac drops a third verse on "Thugz Mansion", this version isn't acoustic and doesn't feature Nas, Im loving it and the chorus gets me all hyped. Whats up boo, i swaer i'll "Never Call You Bitch" again exclaims tupac, the track has some contradictions but the melody and catchy beat make it hard to not like. "Better Dayz" the reason for the albums title has Pac attacking the wrong full actions, my favourite track off the album, its got me thinking about better dayz. "U Can Call" is another How Do You Want It kind of track. Pac and The Boot Camp Klik collab on "Military Minds" nuff said. The one thing we all adore, sonething worth dying for, nothing but pain, stuick in this game, searching for fortune and "fame" is the chorus which had been roaming around the internet for years and had fans going wild in search of it, the verse iis a deadly one which pac unleashes before moving on to kadafi, definitely wirth the albums price. I stand corrected "fair Exchange" has been officially remixed and released at least four times according to my count, an unnessacery remix and duet with mya but is still a blazing track. "Catchin Feelins" has been altered to much from its origonal version, tha outlawz verses flow nicely while pacs verse doesn't connect with the beat. "There U Go" acting like a ho, pac sided with tha lawz, kadafi and syke raps about "hos", beat is misleading as is the title, but the track its self is quite mellow ironically. I prefered the previous remix oppoused to this one, "This Life I Lead" is still good, just didn't top thier last remix. "Who Do You Believe In" is a deep track touching on the subject of faith, the deceased kadafi (r.i.p) collabs on this one. "They Dont Give A Fuck About Us" was origonally leaked on a Cut Master C mix tape, they beat on this version has been slightly changed, but the verses stayed he same, this track is one that leaves me emoursed in every single letter, definitely hot. The unlisted outro caught me with suprise and anger, pac states "Expect me n!gga, like you expect jesus to come back, expect me n!gga, im coming" which was also used on the outro of the Untouchable freestyle with lisa "lefteye" lopes.

Overall: 8.5/10
Listen To Album
Purchase Album

Reviewer: Kulif Of TheHiest.Com
Reviewed: Better Dayz (Tupac/Makaveli Release)

from thehiest.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Personally think this album is extremely overrated, the new beats and apperances ruin the tracks like "Still Ballin" even though Trick's verse is tight...this is a 7-7.25/10 max for me...ur opinions

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!