Author Topic: Which wrestler did you hate the most as a kid  (Read 1060 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Which wrestler did you hate the most as a kid
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2010, 06:33:40 AM »
I think I hated the Honky Tonk man back when I was a kid.  I was actually big into Wrestling from Wrestlemania 3 to Wrestlemania 7, I haven't watched ever since Hogan lost the title to Seargent Slaughter. 

The Ultimate Warrior lost the title to Sargent Slaughter, not Hogan, Hogan won it back in WM7. And after that WM, I wouldn't have watch wrestling either, but WM8 was great, then 9 sucked, then 10 was great, then 11 was alright, then 12 was great, then 13 sucked, and 14 was great, 15 was alright, and 2000 sucked, and since then they've been good.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2010, 06:40:57 AM »
I think I hated the Honky Tonk man back when I was a kid.  I was actually big into Wrestling from Wrestlemania 3 to Wrestlemania 7, I haven't watched ever since Hogan lost the title to Seargent Slaughter. 

The Ultimate Warrior lost the title to Sargent Slaughter, not Hogan, Hogan won it back in WM7. And after that WM, I wouldn't have watch wrestling either, but WM8 was great, then 9 sucked, then 10 was great, then 11 was alright, then 12 was great, then 13 sucked, and 14 was great, 15 was alright, and 2000 sucked, and since then they've been good.

Yeah, I guess I couldn't remember exactly.  I just remember the Ultimate Warrior vs. Hogan Wrestlemania match was a classic.  Then after that they started the Seargent Slaughter stuff and I stopped watching.  Probably the height of my interest in WWF was around the time Mega Powers formed and split up, which by the way I was pretty happy to find that classic breakup match against Twin Towers on Youtube.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2010, 07:44:37 AM »
Chris Jericho=GOD (no homo)

Why would equating something with God be confused with homosexual thought.

religion is gay maybe?

Maybe for him, but I've never once found myself sexually attracted to Jesus Christ.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2010, 10:07:22 AM »

Why would equating something with God be confused with homosexual thought.

religion is gay maybe?

Maybe for him, but I've never once found myself sexually attracted to Jesus Christ.

Am i wrong from LOLing at this side convo???

http://www.myspace.com/miclordzmusic <---Hiphop/Funk-Rock
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Mietek23

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2010, 01:59:49 AM »

Yokozuna was always hated the most - specially when he beat up Bret hart and won the tittle from him. I was mad as a muthafucka when I saw that shit..

But I was always scared of Doink The Clown, don't know why - maybe because of the movie "It" about that fucked up Clown murderer. I was scared as fuck watching that shit as a kid..

bez

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2010, 08:09:03 AM »

he fell off big time. And who is that chick in your sig? looks hot.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2010, 07:33:23 PM »

he fell off big time. And who is that chick in your sig? looks hot.
Yeah I agree he was better back with his long hair & I hated the "new" Chris Jericho when he returned but I think he's tight as hell now. The girl is fiiiiine, I don't know who she is though. The pic originally is a cover for a trance mix by Pearsall called Eurotrash 2. Here's the site with the original pic & download if you like that type of music (great trance mix imo): http://sonicrampage.org/blog/?p=25
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:34:57 PM by UKnowWhatItIs »

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2010, 08:06:51 PM »
yo, is CM Punk stuck as a pernament heel? lol.

there is no way they would make him that big a of hypocrite & get off that "straight edge" shit.

& there is NO WAY the fans will root for him for that.

he's fucked.

I think Punk is great, and he'll switch over back and forth eventually. Those long preacher style promos will tighten up and be less gimmicky once he gets to the permanent main event spot and then switching over will be easy. Just like how Cena started as a heel who rapped every promo.

I agree, once heel Punk gets over, he can switch back and forth like nothing. Look at heel Rock, once people got his gimmick, they loved him. I can honestly say if you told me in 1996 that Stone Cold Steve Austin would be a face, I'd call you crazy, no less than one year later Austin was a HUGE face. Eventually, you can cut a promo like this and everyone still loves you.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/moQ5cFwnxc8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/moQ5cFwnxc8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

I'll have to get back on this topic later on but that is a problem with wrestling fans, they're sheep like that.  Especially the WCWF fans, lots of them remind me of socal NFL fans >:(  2 things wrong with Angle's promo.  He says he don't like the black people.  Later on in TNA he dates Rhaka Khan a black woman but unfortunately did domestic violence on her in real life :(  And he talks about wanting to make Jesus taps out but in his appearance in the 90's ECW he demands that his appearance doesn't show on tv because of the sandman crucifixion angle.

There was a better vid of this but its been removed.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2010, 10:45:57 PM »

there is no way they would make him that big a of hypocrite & get off that "straight edge" shit.

he's fucked.

I think Punk is great, and he'll switch over back and forth eventually. Those long preacher style promos will tighten up and be less gimmicky once he gets to the permanent main event spot and then switching over will be easy. Just like how Cena started as a heel who rapped every promo.

I agree, once heel Punk gets over, he can switch back and forth like nothing. Look at heel Rock, once people got his gimmick, they loved him. I can honestly say if you told me in 1996 that Stone Cold Steve Austin would be a face, I'd call you crazy, no less than one year later Austin was a HUGE face. Eventually, you can cut a promo like this and everyone still loves you.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/moQ5cFwnxc8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/moQ5cFwnxc8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

I'll have to get back on this topic later on but that is a problem with wrestling fans, they're sheep like that.  Especially the WCWF fans, lots of them remind me of socal NFL fans >:(  2 things wrong with Angle's promo.  He says he don't like the black people.  Later on in TNA he dates Rhaka Khan a black woman but unfortunately did domestic violence on her in real life :(  And he talks about wanting to make Jesus taps out but in his appearance in the 90's ECW he demands that his appearance doesn't show on tv because of the sandman crucifixion angle.

I think you missed the whole point of that promo. Kurt Angle at that time was by far the best wrestler in the world, hands down. There was no one better, and I'd argue that Kurt Angel 2001-2007 might have been the greatest in ring performer ever, better than Ric Flair, better than Harley Race, Jack Brisco, Ricky Steamboat and Bret Hart. The point behind that promo is that Kurt Angle can say anything, his suppose to be a heel with an Anti-American manager in Davari, and he will still be cheered loadly because the fans love his in ring work. The other stuff is ironic, but he really doesn't hate black people, and he said the Jesus line to get cheap heat. His basically saying, I'm so good, I can diss your God, and you'll still cheer me because my matches are the best in the world.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2010, 08:55:55 AM »

he's fucked.

I think you missed the whole point of that promo. Kurt Angle at that time was by far the best wrestler in the world, hands down. There was no one better, and I'd argue that Kurt Angel 2001-2007 might have been the greatest in ring performer ever, better than Ric Flair, better than Harley Race, Jack Brisco, Ricky Steamboat and Bret Hart. The point behind that promo is that Kurt Angle can say anything, his suppose to be a heel with an Anti-American manager in Davari, and he will still be cheered loadly because the fans love his in ring work. The other stuff is ironic, but he really doesn't hate black people, and he said the Jesus line to get cheap heat. His basically saying, I'm so good, I can diss your God, and you'll still cheer me because my matches are the best in the world.

No one in their prime is better than Jumbo in his prime. Angle doesn't even come close. Angle was a solid worker always, but never better than Benoit in any aspect of the same style in the same era.

The other eras are hard to compare because of what good working was supposed to be. You can easily argue that Angle is a better technical executor of offense than Flair or Race, but there were plenty of guys wrestling back then that were better than those two in that respect. There were guys in Angle's era too. Move for move, Lance Storm will outperform Kurt Angle every time. What makes a great wrestler is great matches, and what makes great matches are great stories in the ring, and I've never felt Kurt Angle could tell a better story than Ric Flair in his prime. That's not his fault since the stories are drawn up for you now by creative, but it also may have helped Angle. Maybe's he's not that good at it and the planning made him look better. I don't what Angle/Brock would have been like Angle had to draw it up on the fly. As it stands I don't think it's any better than any of the famous Flair/Steamboat matches and all of those were made up as it went, in the ring, by a general; Ric Flair. The guy was getting 3 star matches out of Luger for crying out loud.

Jumbo Tsuruta on the other hand could. Flair gets more credit by many because of how long he could work at the level he did. Flair prime was between 78 and 94. No one has been able to work at the level he worked at for that long.

teecee

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2010, 09:03:21 AM »
Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, Ravishing Rick Rude...King Kong Bundy!