Author Topic: Batman returns once more: Christopher Nolan does it again!!!  (Read 6100 times)

DEKO

Batman returns once more: Christopher Nolan does it again!!!
« on: February 11, 2010, 03:34:59 AM »
A third Batman film has been confirmed. Chris Nolan revealed the superhero movie was in the beginning stages of creation while in an interview with the New York Times, following rumours his brother Jonah and David Goyerm were working on the script. Discussing Jeff Robinov, the Warner Brothers president, 'The Dark Knight' director Chris said: "He is trying not to cling to the things that have worked in the past." As yet no casting details have been confirmed, and it is unknown if Christian Bale will return as the caped superhero.

However, it has previously been revealed Chris would play a mentoring role on the next Superman movie, although he will not direct it.
In addition to a third Batman instalment, which could be released as early as 2011, there are also plans to shoot a Wonder Woman film.

Fucking dope news! I don't care much for that Superman/Wonder Woman shit... but a new Batman in the works is fucking great news! ;D :o It just made my day! ;)

JohnnyL

Re: Batman returns once more: Christopher Nolan does it again!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 05:54:43 AM »
I'm confident they'll get Bale back for the third one, as he signed a three picture deal.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 11:09:16 AM »
I'm confident they'll get Bale back for the third one, as he signed a three picture deal.

Bale will take it, that's where his money's at.

not to mention it's the most successful Batman films of all time.

i hope this drops like Summer 2011.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 04:20:55 AM »
Yeah Bale will definitely do this third film at least. He must be aware that maybe along with American Psycho the Batman role will be his main legacy and most recognised career highlight.

The Dark Knight was obviously superb so I'm confident this one will be too. I wonder whether it'll follow similar 'bad guy' roles as the originals ones following on from Ledger's reprisal of the Joker. For example, will this third film have a 'Penguin' or 'Riddler'?

Mygla

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 12:17:20 PM »
Nolan will NEVER put The Penguin in his Batman movie! Mark my words. I think Nolan said something about not wanting to go into the "supernatural" aspects of the previous Batman-universe(s).

My favourite rumour by far tho: Johnny Depp as The Riddler (I believe Eddie Murphy been mentioned as well).

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 12:18:02 PM »
^rumors were that one of them would be in it.

Johnny Depp was rumored to play The Riddler & Philip Seymour Hoffman was rumored to play The Penguin.

again, those were all rumors; but those are two great actors who i could see playing an amazing role. 8)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 12:23:29 PM »
I'm tired of Depp already, Burton has overused this dude. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 12:27:41 PM »

he really has, but i think he's a terrific actor; could make for a sick Riddler if he got on his evil shit lol.

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 12:45:49 PM »
Depp would own The Riddler role
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blasphemy

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 05:10:42 PM »
Mr. Freeze> all lol

Mr. Freeze/Riddler 4 this new one. Also imo SCARCROW needs to be utilized properly, his ass could be such a dope darkass villain but they just use him either for a side or a sub.IMO he should get either a bigger role or at least a cameo. Mr. Freeze and The Riddler could be a dope ass team. Freezes backstory can be drenched within emotions and Riddler the intellectual side. Though, this would raise a possiblity of a Doc Oct situation (Were Freeze regrets in the end, and tries 2 redeem himself).

Though honestly I just hope they don't whore out to Robin or some faggot shit like that.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 05:19:38 PM »
Story wise, it wouldn't make sense to bring back the Scarecrow after the way he was for Batman Begins and then the Dark Knight.  Robin for sure isn't going to be in the 3rd one. 

G-Funk

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 05:27:35 PM »
No offense but Robin kinda ruins everything. Good thing he won't be appearing in any of the Nolan Batman films. Bale even said that if they were to add a sidekick for him, he'd quit. :laugh:

I honestly can't see Riddler being as appealing as the other dudes, he probably can get knocked out in a single punch. But his appearance would make sense for the 3rd. I mean, with the way Batman was running from the cops and all.

Maybe add Red Hood (he could be anybody, and ironically RH is now the 2nd Robin who Joker killed. Wanting to get revenge on Batman for not avenging him)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 05:29:45 PM by Dollaz + $ense »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 06:20:15 PM »
Seriously.

JohnnyL

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 07:29:06 PM »
No offense but Robin kinda ruins everything. Good thing he won't be appearing in any of the Nolan Batman films. Bale even said that if they were to add a sidekick for him, he'd quit. :laugh:

I honestly can't see Riddler being as appealing as the other dudes, he probably can get knocked out in a single punch. But his appearance would make sense for the 3rd. I mean, with the way Batman was running from the cops and all.

Maybe add Red Hood (he could be anybody, and ironically RH is now the 2nd Robin who Joker killed. Wanting to get revenge on Batman for not avenging him)

I think they could effectively use the Robin character if done correctly, but they could not approach the character the way they have in the previous films.  Either way, I think the point is probably moot, because Nolan has stated in interviews that he's not interested in using Robin in any of his movies.  And honestly, after the disasterous Schumaker films, I can understand the stigma surrounding the character.

Btw, Dollaz+Sense, did you hear that the next animated DC film is going to be "Batman: Under the Hood," based off of the comic series you were talking about with the 2nd Robin returning as the Red Hood?  It looks pretty cool. There's a little info on it here, along with one screen shot:

http://enewsi.com/animation/194-16773.html

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:34:06 PM by JohnnyL »

G-Funk

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 07:48:04 PM »

I think they could effectively use the Robin character if done correctly, but they could not approach the character the way they have in the previous films.  Either way, I think the point is probably moot, because Nolan has stated in interviews that he's not interested in using Robin in any of his movies.  And honestly, after the disasterous Schumaker films, I can understand the stigma surrounding the character.

Btw, Dollaz+Sense, did you hear that the next animated DC film is going to be "Batman: Under the Hood," based off of the comic series you were talking about with the 2nd Robin returning as the Red Hood?  It looks pretty cool. There's a little info on it here, along with one screen shot:

http://enewsi.com/animation/194-16773.html

Not to mention the portrayal of Robin in the campy 1960's Batman, "Holy jeepers creepers, Batman! Jiminy Crickets!" and all the jazz. :D That's kinda hard to not forget.
also, good looking on the animated film. it looks real cool. unusual list of voice cast though, I'm used to the usual Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill.