Author Topic: Batman returns once more: Christopher Nolan does it again!!!  (Read 6104 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Batman returns once more: Christopher Nolan does it again!!!
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2010, 12:51:29 AM »
He's a great actor, that would be awesome. 

JohnnyL

« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2010, 07:27:17 AM »
I realize camp was a part of all the films and raimi in general,evil dead triology is amazing.But the third one was overboard and really cheesey.But spider man doesnt need camp to be entertaining,humour yes,but camp,nah,this isnt the 60s.

Agree that camp isn't needed in Spider-man.  I don't ever remember reading a Spider-man comic that was campy.  That was just an element that Raimi brought to the film.  But I still can't see how it didn't bother you in the first two "Spider-man" movies but did bother you in the third.  Those cheesey elements were just as prevalent in the first two films.
  To me, Venom is what really screwed the third movie up.  And it's not that I don't like the character.  I think Venom could have been done very well.  But it's just the way they added him to the movie.  It was like they were trying to force two movies worth of material into a single movie.  And that's how it played on screen-forced.  To me, "Spider-man 3" wasn't bad until the final act, where it fell apart.
  Since they're getting a new director for the reboot, I doubt we'll see the campy element in the new movie.  However, I don't think by any means, we're guaranteed to get a good movie.  This director might pull it off, but he's only done one other movie, going in.  I've heard rumors that they might be trying to do the "Ultimate Spider-man" storyline with this reboot.  I think that could be cool, but I'd have a lot more confidence in it working if Marvel Studios was doing the movie rather than Sony.

JohnnyL

« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2010, 07:32:45 AM »
New rumor:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt to play the Riddler? Hollywood Life reports that while working on the film Inception with director Christopher Nolan, Joseph Gordon-Levitt mentioned that he'd love to audition for The Riddler in Batman 3.

Apparently, this sort of talk continued and the site now says that Levitt is being considered by Nolan for the part.

"Chris really dug Joseph [as an actor]," a source close to the director stated. "There was a joke at first between them [on the set of Inception] that Joseph wanted to read for Batman 3 and things heated up as filming continued."

This unnamed source then went on to say:

"It's not 100% confirmed that he's getting [the role of The Riddler] but there's certainly talk about it. Joseph is definitely on the short list."

David S. Goyer is presently hard at work writing the screenplay for the next installment in the Batman saga.

Batman 3 comes to theaters July 20th, 2012

If he were to really be playing a major character in "Batman 3," I'd say Riddler would be a good guess.  Being that Nolan's Batman is grounded in a "realistic universe," my guess is that for 3 we will probably see either Penguin or Riddler.  The only other possibility I could see is that they go with an even more obscure character.  But some of Batman's more supernatural or science-fiction-oriented characters can probably be ruled out immediately.  Like Mr. Freeze, for example.  Nolan has already stated he won't use him.  Whoever it is, I'm really interested in seeing how they will follow up "The Dark Knight."  That's going to be a difficult movie to top.

doggfather

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2010, 07:50:44 AM »
After Nolan take off tha bosses of mob, you know, Falcone, and Maroni, Dustin Hoffman will be cool as an old type gangster, as Penguin.  :o :o

what U think?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2010, 11:38:43 AM »
Lol @ people worrying about what villain will be used next. You don't seem to realize that there are tons of Batman villains to use. The comic has been around for 70 years, there's a shitload to choose from. He doesn't have to use a famous one like Penguin or the Riddler. Batman Begins didn't even do that. I didn't even know who Henri Ducard was before the movie. That's what I like about Nolan's series, he doesn't have to rely on "selling" a character for each movie. As long as they just focus on making a good movie I'll be satisified.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 11:41:16 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

JohnnyL

« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2010, 02:57:36 PM »
Lol @ people worrying about what villain will be used next. You don't seem to realize that there are tons of Batman villains to use. The comic has been around for 70 years, there's a shitload to choose from. He doesn't have to use a famous one like Penguin or the Riddler. Batman Begins didn't even do that. I didn't even know who Henri Ducard was before the movie. That's what I like about Nolan's series, he doesn't have to rely on "selling" a character for each movie. As long as they just focus on making a good movie I'll be satisified.

Henri Ducard was a great villain in "Batman Begins."  But he also didn't have anything to do with R'as Al Ghul in the comic books.  He was a fairly obscure character from back when Dennis O'Neil was writing for Batman 40 years ago, so I don't know how anyone was supposed to guess they would use him as a villain.  In the original comics he's just one of the many people who trained Bruce Wayne in his early years, prior to becoming Batman.

JohnnyL

« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2010, 03:36:56 PM »
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45451

Some Q and A with Christopher Nolan from an Ain't it Cool News article.  Nolan "ethers" 3-D with some technical jargon that's admittedly way over my head.  Nolan's the man, though. And while I've already been impressed with him as a story-teller, it's pretty interesting to read how technically savvy the guy is as well. They touch on "Batman 3" in here, very briefly, although this is mostly about "Insomnia," "The Dark Knight," and "Inception."  Still a good read.

DEKO

« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2010, 11:45:19 PM »
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45451

Some Q and A with Christopher Nolan from an Ain't it Cool News article.  Nolan "ethers" 3-D with some technical jargon that's admittedly way over my head.  Nolan's the man, though. And while I've already been impressed with him as a story-teller, it's pretty interesting to read how technically savvy the guy is as well. They touch on "Batman 3" in here, very briefly, although this is mostly about "Insomnia," "The Dark Knight," and "Inception."  Still a good read.

Thanks a lot man! Very interesting! Inception is gonna be sick too!!! :o Check the other thread about Inception for the trailers etc.
Fuck 3D, I hope Nolan will focus on shooting the whole Batman 3 movie in IMAX!!! :o

bhovika

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2010, 05:28:13 AM »
I think Venom could have been done very well.  But it's just the way they added him to the movie.  It was like they were trying to force two movies worth of material into a single movie.  And that's how it played on screen-forced.  To me, "Spider-man 3" wasn't bad until the final act, where it fell apart.

JohnnyL

« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2010, 01:27:19 PM »
I think Venom could have been done very well.  But it's just the way they added him to the movie.  It was like they were trying to force two movies worth of material into a single movie.  And that's how it played on screen-forced.  To me, "Spider-man 3" wasn't bad until the final act, where it fell apart.

Completely agree with that.  It did seem like they were trying to force two movies worth of storyline into one movie.