Author Topic: Batman returns once more: Christopher Nolan does it again!!!  (Read 6103 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Batman returns once more: Christopher Nolan does it again!!!
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2010, 09:14:55 PM »

just saying there are sequels where you need to see the first one, Dark Knight just isn't one of them.

And I'm just saying that those sequels are few and far between. I'd say over 90% of sequels are stand a lone stories that don't rely on the first film much at all.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2010, 07:33:52 PM »

just saying there are sequels where you need to see the first one, Dark Knight just isn't one of them.

And I'm just saying that those sequels are few and far between. I'd say over 90% of sequels are stand a lone stories that don't rely on the first film much at all.

so then i guess "downplaying" the connection isn't all that big a deal. ;)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2010, 07:56:42 PM »

so then i guess "downplaying" the connection isn't all that big a deal. ;)

No, down playing the connection is as retarded as saying T1 and T2 aren't connected. You need to watch the first film to fully grasp the second. And that goes for both Batman and Terminator. But watching the first films aren't essential to following the story of the second film.

Another aspect you seem to miss and take for granted is you already know Batman, I'm assuming, and know him pretty well. You understand who he is, what he does. It makes sense to you to see a man dressed as a giant bat fighting crime. I know the target audience isn't so young but I know for a fact that if I was 6 years old right now I'd want to see Dark Knight, probably borrowed from a friends older brother's collection, and at 6 years old Begins would have come out when I was 2. I'd have no real frame of reference with regards to Batman and it would be essential for me at 6 to watch Begins in order to understand Dark Knight. And much more so than with most sequels.

So what I'm saying is to those that know not of Batman or Superheros Batman Begins is essential viewing.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2010, 08:24:09 PM »
LOL at the discussion. If I was to watch Dark Knight without watching Batman Begins, I will catch on and it will be a great movie for me. Now my wife, I love her, but she could care less about Batman. She watches Dark Knight, she's asking me all movie long why is this dude in a bat suit fighting the Joker. She watches Batman Begins, then watches Dark Knight, she understood and I watched Dark Knight in peace.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2010, 08:34:26 PM »
LOL at the discussion. If I was to watch Dark Knight without watching Batman Begins, I will catch on and it will be a great movie for me. Now my wife, I love her, but she could care less about Batman. She watches Dark Knight, she's asking me all movie long why is this dude in a bat suit fighting the Joker. She watches Batman Begins, then watches Dark Knight, she understood and I watched Dark Knight in peace.

Thank you for proving my point.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2010, 08:44:09 PM »

Hey, we can agree sometimes.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2010, 08:46:00 PM »

Hey, we can agree sometimes.

I didn't know we disagreed that much?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2010, 09:42:36 PM »
No, it's more like I think the top 3 greatest rappers are like 'Pac, Nas and Rakim in that order, and you'll be like, no it's Rakim, 'Pac and Nas (not really my opinion but an example). So it's always been small stuff.

Back to Batman, I'm still mad Bain wouldn't be in it. It would have been perfect. I can see Mr. Freeze in 4, which if they pull off right (see Batman TAS) then it could actually make for a damn good movie, and a great recovery for that movie that never happened.

DEKO

« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2010, 11:19:13 AM »
News about the third Batman movie! Interview with one of the insiders reveals much about the story, don't know if it's legit though...:

What can you tell us about the title of the next Batman film?

I've heard rumblings about titles like 'The Caped Crusader', 'Gotham Knights' and even 'Batman Triumphant' which has been floating around for many years. I honestly don't know, because the Nolans (Chris and Jonathan) and David Goyer remain undecided, but it does appear they are looking to once again incorporate the name Batman into the title. Apparently this film is about reestablishing the caped crusader as a hero to the citizens of Gotham.

Yeah, but how are they going to do that? At the end of The Dark Knight, Batman became a wanted fugitive for the crimes of Harvey Dent.

It's going to come out that Dent was behind the murders which occurred in the last film and the main villain of this new movie is behind the release of that info.

The main villain? Is there going to be more than one?

There's going to be several, but the Nolans want to get it right, they don't want a rogue's gallery that will confuse the audience. Chris Nolan and Leonardo DiCaprio were talking on set about how they were big fans of the Hush storyline in the comics, but if they were to incorporate the character he wouldn't dominate the film. Nolan knows that he will never be able to top Heath Ledger's Joker and he's not even going to try. It seems like the idea is to overwhelm Batman with so many criminals that he and Bruce Wayne will be near exhaustion. The idea is to have the story take place over several weeks where Bruce Wayne will be suffering from intense sleep deprivation.

So do you see DiCaprio as Hush?

I doubt it, because DiCaprio would be crazy to play second fiddle in a film like this where his character is basically masked. Actually Nolan said Hugh Jackman was interested, but that may not happen either. Then there's others like the Riddler and Cluemaster I think. They might actually merge those two characters.

So who would play the Riddler? Johnny Depp?

No. That would be nice, but they're actually looking at Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who is in Inception. There were rumors of him playing the Joker, but Nolan would never attempt to replace Heath. He said what they might do is show an imprisoned Joker in shadow in Arkham Asylum. Batman comes there to get some info from Scarecrow and is taunted by Joker when he passes his cell. It would actually be Heath's voice taken from unused line readings on set from Dark Knight. Probably a sentence or two, but enough to push Batman's buttons. Then they also might use Penguin or Black Mask to head up what's left of the mob. It may have looked like Sal Moroni died in Dark Knight, but Eric Roberts is said to be coming back as well.

What about Catwoman? Is she in it. Do they want Angelina Jolie?

She actually starts off the story, working for the mob to pull off the theft of a lost family heirloom for Penguin and Batman is impressed he can't catch her. When he's faced with the task of taking down all these criminals, she actually comes to his aid after he saves her life. Apparently, she is the love interest now that Rachel Dawes is dead and connects with both Bruce and Batman. It's gonna be the first time we see a tender and vulnerable side of Batman because even though she's a criminal, he slowly realizes he's falling for her. Bruce Wayne has begun to accept that his role as Batman is a lifetime job and he's found someone who truly understands him. From what I heard, Kate Beckinsale's name has come up, but they are seriously looking at Emily Blunt after her work in Wolfman.

Any more you could share about the mob angle? Is it just Maroni or...

Either Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin or Black Mask will come into play. If they go with Cobblepot, he won't flat out be the Penguin like Burgess Meredith or Danny DeVito, that's just supposed to be a nickname that stuck. It's gonna be somewhat like mobster Ben Siegel who hated being called Bugsy. Ray Winstone is a guy that Nolan has always wanted to work with and was actually unavailable for a role in Inception. I think he might work, but I don't know who they would cast as Black Mask if they chose him.

Besides Maroni and Cobblepot, the people from Gambol's (Michael Jai White) organization want revenge too. Supposedly he has a brother that's going to come in from the East Coast to shake things up. He's actually a former mobster that's gone almost 100 percent legit and wants Maroni dead for unleashing the Joker upon Gambol. Supposedly he makes a deal with Batman to get him information that will get Maroni out of the picture. It's a nice subplot, but I can't get over that Nolan is looking at Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson for the role. Apparently, Nolan is good friends with Jim Sheridan who directed Get Rich or Die Tryin who speaks very highly of 50 Cent.

So Nolan said the ending would bring things full circle and be a real ending to the story. Is that true, do you know anything about it?

Obviously Warner Bros. is not gonna let him give this film a definitive ending. Chris actually said he was playing with the idea of ending the third film with a cliffhanger. The city will embrace Batman again because the main villain plays one last hand by destroying Arkham, releasing every major criminal including the Joker. Batman is not going to be worried, because by the end of the film he's accepted his destiny and knows he will succeed with the help of Gordon, Alfred, Lucius Fox and maybe even Catwoman. It's not gonna be a real cliffhanger in the sense that you know he's Batman and will prevail long after the credits are over. Chris has many other project in mind, including doing a proper version of The Prisoner, but he and Bale have discussed the possibility of doing a story in the vein of The Dark Knight Returns in another ten to fifteen years. I think Warners will let him have his way. They're pushing him to go with 3-D but its more than likely that he'll get to shoot it entirely in IMAX this time like he wanted to with Dark Knight.

Looks like the Joker isn't gonna be in there except for a small cameo in the shadow. >:( :( Fuck that! I want the Joker back!!! I know they can find a (unknown) actor that looks and acts just like Heath!

JohnnyL

« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2010, 01:01:22 PM »
News about the third Batman movie! Interview with one of the insiders reveals much about the story, don't know if it's legit though...:

What can you tell us about the title of the next Batman film?

I've heard rumblings about titles like 'The Caped Crusader', 'Gotham Knights' and even 'Batman Triumphant' which has been floating around for many years. I honestly don't know, because the Nolans (Chris and Jonathan) and David Goyer remain undecided, but it does appear they are looking to once again incorporate the name Batman into the title. Apparently this film is about reestablishing the caped crusader as a hero to the citizens of Gotham.

Yeah, but how are they going to do that? At the end of The Dark Knight, Batman became a wanted fugitive for the crimes of Harvey Dent.

It's going to come out that Dent was behind the murders which occurred in the last film and the main villain of this new movie is behind the release of that info.

The main villain? Is there going to be more than one?

There's going to be several, but the Nolans want to get it right, they don't want a rogue's gallery that will confuse the audience. Chris Nolan and Leonardo DiCaprio were talking on set about how they were big fans of the Hush storyline in the comics, but if they were to incorporate the character he wouldn't dominate the film. Nolan knows that he will never be able to top Heath Ledger's Joker and he's not even going to try. It seems like the idea is to overwhelm Batman with so many criminals that he and Bruce Wayne will be near exhaustion. The idea is to have the story take place over several weeks where Bruce Wayne will be suffering from intense sleep deprivation.

So do you see DiCaprio as Hush?

I doubt it, because DiCaprio would be crazy to play second fiddle in a film like this where his character is basically masked. Actually Nolan said Hugh Jackman was interested, but that may not happen either. Then there's others like the Riddler and Cluemaster I think. They might actually merge those two characters.

So who would play the Riddler? Johnny Depp?

No. That would be nice, but they're actually looking at Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who is in Inception. There were rumors of him playing the Joker, but Nolan would never attempt to replace Heath. He said what they might do is show an imprisoned Joker in shadow in Arkham Asylum. Batman comes there to get some info from Scarecrow and is taunted by Joker when he passes his cell. It would actually be Heath's voice taken from unused line readings on set from Dark Knight. Probably a sentence or two, but enough to push Batman's buttons. Then they also might use Penguin or Black Mask to head up what's left of the mob. It may have looked like Sal Moroni died in Dark Knight, but Eric Roberts is said to be coming back as well.

What about Catwoman? Is she in it. Do they want Angelina Jolie?

She actually starts off the story, working for the mob to pull off the theft of a lost family heirloom for Penguin and Batman is impressed he can't catch her. When he's faced with the task of taking down all these criminals, she actually comes to his aid after he saves her life. Apparently, she is the love interest now that Rachel Dawes is dead and connects with both Bruce and Batman. It's gonna be the first time we see a tender and vulnerable side of Batman because even though she's a criminal, he slowly realizes he's falling for her. Bruce Wayne has begun to accept that his role as Batman is a lifetime job and he's found someone who truly understands him. From what I heard, Kate Beckinsale's name has come up, but they are seriously looking at Emily Blunt after her work in Wolfman.

Any more you could share about the mob angle? Is it just Maroni or...

Either Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin or Black Mask will come into play. If they go with Cobblepot, he won't flat out be the Penguin like Burgess Meredith or Danny DeVito, that's just supposed to be a nickname that stuck. It's gonna be somewhat like mobster Ben Siegel who hated being called Bugsy. Ray Winstone is a guy that Nolan has always wanted to work with and was actually unavailable for a role in Inception. I think he might work, but I don't know who they would cast as Black Mask if they chose him.

Besides Maroni and Cobblepot, the people from Gambol's (Michael Jai White) organization want revenge too. Supposedly he has a brother that's going to come in from the East Coast to shake things up. He's actually a former mobster that's gone almost 100 percent legit and wants Maroni dead for unleashing the Joker upon Gambol. Supposedly he makes a deal with Batman to get him information that will get Maroni out of the picture. It's a nice subplot, but I can't get over that Nolan is looking at Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson for the role. Apparently, Nolan is good friends with Jim Sheridan who directed Get Rich or Die Tryin who speaks very highly of 50 Cent.

So Nolan said the ending would bring things full circle and be a real ending to the story. Is that true, do you know anything about it?

Obviously Warner Bros. is not gonna let him give this film a definitive ending. Chris actually said he was playing with the idea of ending the third film with a cliffhanger. The city will embrace Batman again because the main villain plays one last hand by destroying Arkham, releasing every major criminal including the Joker. Batman is not going to be worried, because by the end of the film he's accepted his destiny and knows he will succeed with the help of Gordon, Alfred, Lucius Fox and maybe even Catwoman. It's not gonna be a real cliffhanger in the sense that you know he's Batman and will prevail long after the credits are over. Chris has many other project in mind, including doing a proper version of The Prisoner, but he and Bale have discussed the possibility of doing a story in the vein of The Dark Knight Returns in another ten to fifteen years. I think Warners will let him have his way. They're pushing him to go with 3-D but its more than likely that he'll get to shoot it entirely in IMAX this time like he wanted to with Dark Knight.

Looks like the Joker isn't gonna be in there except for a small cameo in the shadow. >:( :( Fuck that! I want the Joker back!!! I know they can find a (unknown) actor that looks and acts just like Heath!

Don't know if this is legit either, but I really like a lot of the ideas that are in here.  If they take the third movie in a direction like this, I think it could be reallly cool.  Can't wait until there are some official announcements about casting and maybe some hints at the actual plot.

DEKO

« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2010, 09:24:25 AM »
Summer 2012!!!! ;D

Warner Bros. isn't about to let little detals like no title, no production start date and no locked-down plot stop it from setting up a tentpole, as the studio today announced a July 20, 2012, release date for the third installment of the rebooted Batman franchise.

Christian Bale will be back in the cowl under the direction of Christopher Nolan.

With the release date now set, Nolan is currently hashing out a story for the Dark Knight followup, which already faces some steep competition. Also headed to the big screen in 2012: The Avengers (May 4), Battleship (May 25), Star Trek 2 (June 29), and what will likely be the Bat's biggest competition: the Spider-Man reboot's reboot (July 3).

Read more: http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/b178986_ready_summer_2012_here_comes_batman_3.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_tv-movies#ixzz0mhBhULmu

DEKO

« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2010, 02:14:09 AM »
According to IMDB.com today, the movie Inception starring Leonardo Dicaprio is finally finished! This means Christopher Nolan will have a little break for his vacation and then will focus 100% on the new Batman movie!

1. Untitled Batman Project (2012) (pre-production)
2. Inception (2010) (completed)
... aka "Inception: The IMAX Experience" - USA (IMAX version)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2010, 08:14:56 AM »
Damn that's a long time. Should be AMAZING though!

DEKO

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2010, 10:07:25 AM »
Damn that's a long time. Should be AMAZING though!

I agree, but I think we can safely say that it will be worth the wait!!! Inception is coming out in July 2010 and will be amazing also! :o

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2010, 10:13:03 AM »
i can wait for nolan 10 years, no problem. im used to waiting for big directors to come up with some great stuff

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM