Poll

would you have liked to see that the Dr.Dre instrumental was used for a different type of song than In Da Club?

yeah i prefer a hardcore type of song for that beat
6 (16.7%)
no, 50 cent's version is perfect for that beat
30 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Poll: did you want the Dr.Dre instrumental to be used for a different song .....  (Read 1298 times)

Jaydc

Yeah I dont even think this is up for debate to anyone in hip hop except a few misguided 50 haters.This beat is his nobody else could have made this track what it is.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
i don't hate 50 cent, check the first post

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
well first off...not directed at you i dont hate 50
and yeah this sounds best with 50 on it but im talkin years later, this song is borin and was even borin back then but not as much
im not sayin 50 is wack on this but at the same time the beat is borin itself
50 is actually a very entertainin' rapper but this on particular song it borin 
so its not that 50 is borin all the time jus the beat is borin and he adjusted to the beat and is borin on this song
but not thats not the case for every single song by him....haha

to each is own but thats one of the borin-est beats ever
yeah it changes up but nuthin drastic and thats expected in all songs where they change up but some change up more than others like HEAT,IF I CANT, POPPIN THEM THANGZ
poppin them thangz= one of the best beats ever  (see all the complications goin on in this song) in da club dont have nuthin
Well, that's certainly your opinion but to me, 50 just owns the instrumental. You're saying he doesn't switch it up but he's moving all around the record. To me, it's an artist bringing their creative A-game to the table. It might not be every person's favorite record but in terms of an artist giving Dre something extra to work with, it's there. It kind of reminds me of "Kill You" off the Marshall Mathers LP where the energy and passion of the content almost drowns out the fact that it's a Dr. Dre production. To me, it's like saying how would so and so sound over the "Billie Jean" instrumental. I mean, I'm not saying the song is on that level but it's like, come on, man. 50 made that HIS record. I personally think it's a monster beat in its own right but it's not like some fucking amateur went in there and the beat made them a star. I mean, you might have somebody else that would have spit meaner 16's over the "Gin & Juice" beat before they brought it to Snoop but Snoop turned that mother fucker out. Sometimes, and I know hip-hop fans hate hearing this, but sometimes it's about who can make a hit record out of it.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jimmy H.

and yeah this sounds best with 50 on it but im talkin years later, this song is borin and was even borin back then but not as much
so its not that 50 is borin all the time jus the beat is borin and he adjusted to the beat and is borin on this song

Well, like I said. That's certainly your opinion. Every one has a song that's a mega hit that somebody out there probably thinks is boring. I just don't agree. I think the beat is probably one of Dre's best from that period and I really feel 50 took it and did something great with it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
the beat is cool, and the lyrics are cool
what traxx you think could be better than this song from that time or all time?
some are makin this song out to be the best song ever, let along best 50 song and its far from both.....IMO

Well, like I said. That's certainly your opinion. Every one has a song that's a mega hit that somebody out there probably thinks is boring. I just don't agree. I think the beat is probably one of Dre's best from that period and I really feel 50 took it and did something great with it.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Interesting topic but ima have to vote the OG...

like someone said, i dont think anybody could have done the beat more justice. It helped 50 become the supperstar he is and it made dre more money than any other star could have given it. I still see people going 'goo shawwty, its ya bday' for certain, certified club classic.

I remember it helped make a whole bunch of remixes etc too but nah, 50z version was the best and i really dont think anyone could have done a better job on it.

I like all sorts of music, i like my hardcore vibe, i like lyrical music, i like club music, i like music wit a mellow vibe, slow jams, everything, so i have an open ear but to me, i cant imagine it being done better by anyone to be honest. It was huge. eminem>>>>>>>>50 cent but i just could imagine him sounded so gay over the beat, xzibit i could imagine on the joint but i dont think he would do it more justice.

I actually think 50 probably gave it more life and justice than anyone could have at that type and while i dont really get into 50 at all since GRODT, i gotta give dude his props for that. As a game fan, i dont think game would be fuckin with 50 at all on it either. 50 held it down in my opinion!

Its all about opinions though

pz!

Okka

some are makin this song out to be the best song ever, let along best 50 song and its far from both.....IMO

I think it's one of the best, if not the best club song of all times.

Jimmy H.

I don't know. Best song is pretty subjective. I'd never say "In Da Club" was the greatest song in music history but I don't put a lot of thought into it like that. I mean, it's hard to compare music if it's not going for a similar vibe because thing is music and artists are so diverse when it comes to style that a legit comparison is hard to make. You'll have people who will break it down to taste and which artist speaks to them more but really if I'm having a tough day, I'm probably gonna prefer something like "Changes" over a club song like "In Da Club" but does that make it better? I mean, Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" is a much deeper and emotional song than say, Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" but I think the latter is one of the most incredibly-produced and performed pop records of my lifetime. So I don't know where "In Da Club" would rank amongst music that year or in the long run but I know beyond being one of the most succesful singles, commercially, it was a very significant song for its time and 50's career. It might not have got people to go out and vote or feed starving children in some third-world country but lots of mother fuckers loved the song. Was it better than Snoop's "Beautiful" or whatever Britney Spears song was big on the charts around that time? I can't say. I do feel in the thread's intended debate, 50 was the best artist for that instrumental and made the most out of it. Maybe someone else could have rocked it better but who's to say "California Love" wouldn't have been just as huge a single with just Dre or "Nuthin' But A G-Thang" wouldn't have worked way better without Snoop and Dre on it at all? I think there are some songs where the production or chorus is so enthralling that the featured artist's contributions almost feel incidental to its success but I don't think "In Da Club" qualifies. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah but the beat bein borin or not as good as some are makin it out to be is separate than how 50 rapped on it was wack
Cube

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
The D-12 version was GARBAGE, wasn't the beat supposed to be for them?

Care to up it?

found it by coincidence by going through some D-12 mixtapes.
let me know if you still want it

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TpWT3Z6nodc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TpWT3Z6nodc</a>

edit: notice how the instrumental is different towards the end^^
perhaps that's the OG version
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:46:48 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Chad Vader

The D-12 version was GARBAGE, wasn't the beat supposed to be for them?

Care to up it?

found it by coincidence by going through some D-12 mixtapes.
let me know if you still want it

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TpWT3Z6nodc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TpWT3Z6nodc</a>

edit: notice how the instrumental is different towards the end^^
perhaps that's the OG version

yeah.
sort off a street version of it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn that og version if worked....maybe could have been better
still not feelin that album version
Cube