Author Topic: Could 2pac have made a 3rd disc to All Eyez on Me?  (Read 886 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Could 2pac have made a 3rd disc to All Eyez on Me?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 07:38:20 AM »
No because the quality of music normally decreases when you try to ft too many songs onto an album

Agreed. Even the 2 disk was pushing it. Filler was awesome, but it could of been a better album with just 1 disk. Basically the same topics, with some of 2pac's personal emotional shit added into the mix.

What he said.

kemizt

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 08:26:57 AM »
a 3rd disc for that cd would make our ears bleed
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 10:19:33 AM »
^  says a fool with "malace and wonderland" in his sig
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

acgrundy

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 10:44:59 AM »
You guys know that Eazy E's last album was supposed to be a 3 disk set

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 11:33:08 AM »
A three-disc album would've been a terrible idea.  Like other people have said, the double album was overwhelming enough as it was at the time, especially given the higher prices at the time.  It still would've sold though, but the material would've been more diluted than it ended up being.  It definitely would've lead to stronger sales of the album's singles, which is saying a lot, seeing how How Do U Want It itself went double platinum.  I was only a teenager when All Eyez on Me came out, and personally I bought the How Do U Want It maxi-single first since it was only $4.99 and had the major singles anyway at that time, though of course I bought the full album anyway not much afterward once I scrapped together some money.

What triple albums have there been anyway?  I recall Eightball and MJG making a release like that, though of course it didn't move many units.

Blasphemy

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 12:40:58 PM »

I thought Eazys was going to be a Double disk containing 60 Tracks. You're right but if it was 60 it'd probably be like a 6disk box set or something. I'd have 2 cope that shit just of the fact its E lol

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 08:08:06 PM »
He certainly had enough material to make a 3cd set, but damn, how much would that have cost back in the day?

I remember not buying that cd because it was so damn expensive. I dubbed it on a tape back then.

KOOLBEANZ

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 09:34:39 PM »
yah its called "MAKAVELI"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 09:36:39 PM »
yah its called "MAKAVELI"
makaveli craps on all eyez on me :D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 08:25:54 AM »
A three-disc album would've been a terrible idea.  Like other people have said, the double album was overwhelming enough as it was at the time, especially given the higher prices at the time.  It still would've sold though, but the material would've been more diluted than it ended up being.  It definitely would've lead to stronger sales of the album's singles, which is saying a lot, seeing how How Do U Want It itself went double platinum.  I was only a teenager when All Eyez on Me came out, and personally I bought the How Do U Want It maxi-single first since it was only $4.99 and had the major singles anyway at that time, though of course I bought the full album anyway not much afterward once I scrapped together some money.

What triple albums have there been anyway?  I recall Eightball and MJG making a release like that, though of course it didn't move many units.
it was Eightballs  "Lost" ...pretty dope album...but the third cd was more a bonus disk and label sampler

JohnnyL

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 01:27:33 PM »

I thought Eazys was going to be a Double disk containing 60 Tracks. You're right but if it was 60 it'd probably be like a 6disk box set or something. I'd have 2 cope that shit just of the fact its E lol

It was advertised as a double album in the liner notes of "It's on (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa."  Although I did read that Eazy had 60-70 beats done for the album (although, according to Yella, many of them Eazy hadn't gotten around to putting vocals on, before he died).  Hypothetically though, if he had actually had time to record vocals for all 70, I don't know if that means he would have released "Str8 off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin' Compton" as 3 discs, or just edited it down to a double album (as advertised) by just using the best 20 to 30 tracks or so. 

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »
Another funny thing is  that people act like pac needed a double or a fuckin three cd album after he just released a  very good album 11 months earlier......for what?? To add another average Michelle track or a few more danny boy tracks or more tracks with  non deathrow artists which disappointed tharow fans or  more average mixed daz or devante tracks or etc......

It would have been better if he worked on both disks a little bit more and released them as two complete solo albums!! The mastering and production made them sound like 2 different albums anyway.

The way pac did it ...he still released a great album with tons of good music...but he also created ammo for disappointed people and critics who only shut their mouth because deathrow was so strong in 96.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:00:55 AM by Inmate »