Author Topic: Ice Cube Speaks On Forthcoming 9th Studio Album..."I Am The West."  (Read 1363 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Ice Cube Speaks On Forthcoming 9th Studio Album..."I Am The West."
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 12:46:16 AM »
I think Cube just put some uneeded pressure on himself naming the album that, as critics will shred it to bits if it even has anything other than a westcoast sound on it. But if anyone can pull this off, it is Cube. I am amped for this.
i would buy it if he managed to pull it off, but he won't :P

kuruptDPG

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 04:34:22 AM »
great stuff, i hpe its just westcoast vibe to it and hopfully there will be collabos on this too

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 04:52:14 AM »
great stuff, i hpe its just westcoast vibe to it and hopfully there will be collabos on this too

a str8 WestCoast only vibe would be pretty wack bcuz once again Cube would put himself in a box and more people than ever would come out tha woodwork bitching (with good reason too).  keep that shit original, get some gumbo shit on tha beats and keep that shit rockin.  WestCoast only sounding albums in 2010 is  :sleep: foreal foreal

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 06:34:16 AM »
YAYYAYAYAYA

westside159

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »
Cube it sounds great bro ive been a fan since day 1 but did you get a inspiration from MC Eiht's Which Way Iz West title ?   just wondering

Good news though  8) 8)   ill buy it           Im westcoast all day

KaliMex

• 'G'
  • Oh Boy!
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2010, 10:24:32 PM »
def gon buy, hopefully its just west chit no young jeezy or more tracks produce by lil john unless he gets a west type beat like when manny fresh did connected for life

¥-REGIME Life-¥
                                                                                   C.O.B

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2010, 10:25:18 PM »
come on dogg...cube is eihts papa
if you were born in the....then im prolly ya.....

Cube it sounds great bro ive been a fan since day 1 but did you get a inspiration from MC Eiht's Which Way Iz West title ?   just wondering

Good news though  8) 8)   ill buy it           Im westcoast all day
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

westside159

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2010, 10:29:07 PM »
His last 2 albums were tight as hell even with this southern influence. And for anybody trying to say Snoop wouldn't try to keep the west alive, hell get your facts right and do some reasearch of what he has done over last 10 years (not only solo records).

I don't know how to feel about this title of Cube's new record... When he names it "I Am The West" he has to do some west coast sounding music. Something like "Stand Tall" off RF or "Spittin Pollaseeds" off LNCL. But I have the feelings that the title won't say too much about the music, unfortunately. But I think even with a misleading title I will enjoy his new album as much as his last two.

I sometimes imagine what would happen if he sticks to what the title says, imagine such a tracklist:

*dream mode on*
01 Bringin It Back (Intro) ft. DJ Crazy Toones
02 Coastin ft. WC & Young Maylay [Prod. by DJ Crazy Toones]
03 South Central [Prod. by Teek Da Beatsmith and Dee Underdue]
04 Where They Head At ft. Problem & Crooked I [Prod. by Terrace Martin]
05 Enough Of Yo Bullsh*t [Prod. by Tha Chill]
06 Killer In The White House ft. Paris [Prod. by Paris]
07 Blunted ft. Snoop Dogg [Prod. by Daz Dillinger, Co-Produced by Soopafly]
08 Who Started This Rap Ish [Prod. by DJ Crazy Toones]
09 Blue And Red ft. DJ Quik [Prod. by DJ Quik]
10 Still Connected ft. Xzibit, Young De & WC [Prod. by DJ Muggs]
11 Wessside ft. WC & Kokane [Prod. by Battlecat]
12 Funkin At Yo House ft. Kokane & Del Tha Funky Homosapien [Prod. by Del Tha Funky Homosapien and Ice Cube]
13 Evil [Prod. by Warren "Baby Dubb" Campbell]
14 I Am The West (Outro) ft. DJ Crazy Toones
15 Veteran's Play ft. E-40, MC Eiht & Spice 1 [Prod. by Teek Da Beatsmith and Dee Underdue]
*dream mode off*

well, sorry for dreamin... but this would be something like a tracklist from heaven...

Hell yeah that trackllist is sooooooooooooooo dope bro

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2010, 10:39:14 PM »
Cube still has the ability to drop some dope verses

but if you want to be the west YOU HAVE TO FEATURE NEW WEST ARTISTS

For what? Most of these New West niggas suck. I'd like to see Cube work with G.Malone but thats Mack 10's boy so don't see that happening. And Bishop? Lol I'd rather barf in a bag then eat it for lunch the next day.

If anything he needs to reach out to the vets, just not the usual. Him and Snoop can't make a good record together, its been proven. And him and WC collabin is almost boring now. I wanna see him reach out to Yukmouth, Too Short, Daz, Crooked I, B-Real, etc.

And for anybody trying to say Snoop wouldn't try to keep the west alive, hell get your facts right and do some reasearch of what he has done over last 10 years (not only solo records).

Like what? Game has done more for the West in the last 6 years than Snoop has in the last 10.

I sometimes imagine what would happen if he sticks to what the title says, imagine such a tracklist:

*dream mode on*
12 Funkin At Yo House ft. Kokane & Del Tha Funky Homosapien [Prod. by Del Tha Funky Homosapien and Ice Cube]
15 Veteran's Play ft. E-40, MC Eiht & Spice 1 [Prod. by Teek Da Beatsmith and Dee Underdue]
*dream mode off*

well, sorry for dreamin... but this would be something like a tracklist from heaven...

Wow this nigga just made up a whole album. I've always wondered who does that.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 01:43:44 AM »
Snoop ain't made a West Coast album since Tha Last Meal. 
real talk. snoop is the biggest sellout, and warren g is a big sellout too.

So yeah Cube is spittin' truth and it's good that he admits he guilty of following the South. If he stays true to his word and makes a West Coast album then I'll cop no matter what.
yeh i'll definately cop that aswell if he sticks to his words.

doggfather

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2010, 02:06:57 AM »
And what about that Cube & WC collabo, what mentioned a few YEARS ago?  ???
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2010, 02:53:47 AM »
it doesn't make sense that they've never collaborated before, as Paris was influenced by Cube's oldest work

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 06:45:17 AM »
dont know bout that but wouldnt be suprised
and the daz/wc tape

And what about that Cube & WC collabo, what mentioned a few YEARS ago?  ???
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

MY FIRST LOVE WAS HIP HOP

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2010, 06:53:18 AM »
His last 2 albums were tight as hell even with this southern influence. And for anybody trying to say Snoop wouldn't try to keep the west alive, hell get your facts right and do some reasearch of what he has done over last 10 years (not only solo records).

I don't know how to feel about this title of Cube's new record... When he names it "I Am The West" he has to do some west coast sounding music. Something like "Stand Tall" off RF or "Spittin Pollaseeds" off LNCL. But I have the feelings that the title won't say too much about the music, unfortunately. But I think even with a misleading title I will enjoy his new album as much as his last two.

*dream mode on*
*dream mode off*

that shit would be corny ass fuck bcuz you would have way too many vrr-vrr-vmuuhvs with the wobbly standard westcoast bass.  

now i couldn't say specifically on who to produce it (hopefully a duel new and old producer combos on the songs - Sir Jinx w/Best Kept Secret or 9th Wonder & Terrace Martin) bcuz it's gotta come from Cube & the people who aren't yes-mens and bitches around him.  it's gotta be something raw but slightly inspirational, something not always too uptempo or too slow but something to make your brain react like "not dyin" from Sticky Fingaz, and maybe a deadsoul track or two, the music kinda has to be bipolar in a sense.  and lyrically just make the music sound good with some real effort into how the flow sounds and not just that standard old talk-yell rap, some real cadence and fire and not not that half ass'd shit.  i brought LNCL, i wasn't mad i brought it really, and Raw Footage was cool but those albums weren't tha Cube that everybody wanted hear.  i be all for artist growth but you have to always stick to what works and what the people wanna hear, just hopefully original than tha songs b4 it.  

nah bro, you corny

fabtoxicp

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2010, 12:09:39 PM »
Cube still has the ability to drop some dope verses

but if you want to be the west YOU HAVE TO FEATURE NEW WEST ARTISTS

For what? Most of these New West niggas suck. I'd like to see Cube work with G.Malone but thats Mack 10's boy so don't see that happening. And Bishop? Lol I'd rather barf in a bag then eat it for lunch the next day.

If anything he needs to reach out to the vets, just not the usual. Him and Snoop can't make a good record together, its been proven. And him and WC collabin is almost boring now. I wanna see him reach out to Yukmouth, Too Short, Daz, Crooked I, B-Real, etc.

And for anybody trying to say Snoop wouldn't try to keep the west alive, hell get your facts right and do some reasearch of what he has done over last 10 years (not only solo records).

Like what? Game has done more for the West in the last 6 years than Snoop has in the last 10.

*dream mode on*
*dream mode off*

Wow this nigga just made up a whole album. I've always wondered who does that.

please explain, how so?