Author Topic: T.I. says "Major Announcement Coming Monday"...  (Read 706 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: T.I. says "Major Announcement Coming Monday"...
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2010, 06:07:43 PM »
I don't agree with you but I don't disagree.  I just don't think it's as bad as you're saying.  I just think we have access to a whole lot more so we see a whole lot worse than we did in the past.  We're all spoiled to death. 

To enhance you're argument things may be rushed more now due to the shortened lifespan of an artist.  Hence, you got a cat like Jay Elec & just blaze who reminds me of how MC's and producers took their time to craft material instead of just recording and recording (blame that on tupac).
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2010, 06:12:55 PM »
I don't agree with you but I don't disagree.  I just don't think it's as bad as you're saying.  I just think we have access to a whole lot more so we see a whole lot worse than we did in the past.  We're all spoiled to death. 

To enhance you're argument things may be rushed more now due to the shortened lifespan of an artist.  Hence, you got a cat like Jay Elec & just blaze who reminds me of how MC's and producers took their time to craft material instead of just recording and recording (blame that on tupac).

Just blaze is one of my favourite producers  8)

And my bad, i wasnt addressing your post in the post above, i was just speaking in general in response to a post by cham which caught me.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2010, 06:14:28 PM »
I could tell your response wasn't directed at me but I was still responding specifically to yours/carrying the conversation
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2010, 06:24:06 PM »
There's always been cream of the crop production.  Even in the hey day.  Hence, Premier and Pete Rock.   Then Doc Dre.  You're acting like productions never mattered.   Plus, it's ridiculous to compare a crafts sound in it's early stages and then compare it after it's evolved.

there is better production than others, obviously.

production can even make a song sound better than it is, ala Relapse.

but the way people can say T.I.'s "No Matter What" is wack because of the beat, sounds like more of an excuse because the lyrics are actual good enough to where you can't talk shit about them, even if you were a hater.

it's like, what are the people listening to these days? the beats or the lyrics?

obviously both, but like i said, if Nas can make the song "Hope" with no beat & that shit was ill, then you can't tell me a song is wack because of the beat, if the lyrics are so on point.

i'm not trying to take away from production or beats, but unless the beat is absolutely unbearable, it can't destroy a song.

just my two cents. 8)

ikke

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2010, 12:41:25 AM »
it's like, what are the people listening to these days? the beats or the lyrics?

I thought gucci made it clear it's all about the beat.
Nearly every gucci fan admits they only like the beats