Author Topic: (VIDEO) Saigon Released From Atlantic Records  (Read 354 times)

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: (VIDEO) Saigon Released From Atlantic Records
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 05:33:00 AM »
this is NOT the biggest news of the year. Saigon is the Kieron Dyer of the hip-hop game. Had potential YEARS ago but never got it together and has completely missed his chance to shine. His career is over, has been for years and I can't see even the belated release of this supposedly great shelved album saving him.

It's not about your image, it's about your music.  You just said it yourself, "supposed great album".  You don't wanna hear it?  Have you heard the leaks?  You aren't impressed?  It's big news for real Hip-Hop fans because this means we can finally hear some good music!

I just read the rest of the posts... SMH.  Y'all talking about fame and blowing up, when you should be excited about good music that we can listen to....

No I'm talking about Saigon's music also. I've heard leaks and I actually BOUGHT Warning Shots 1 (didnt check for Warning Shots 2) so I know what his sound is and what to expect from the guy. TGSNT was always overhyped as some saviour album for hip-hop when it really would have been nothing more than a very good album...something which is nice but we hear every couple of months minimum anyway.

It certainly wouldnt have changed the game. Another thing...would the album's sound not have aged? Sometimes old material sounds out of date and doesnt stand the test of time so there's another obstacle Saigon will have to avoid if it does come out.

He's a good emcee, I like the guy, but really....how long does it take to get ONE album out in your entire career? He's done nothing but mixtapes for 10 years.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 07:57:12 PM »
this is NOT the biggest news of the year. Saigon is the Kieron Dyer of the hip-hop game. Had potential YEARS ago but never got it together and has completely missed his chance to shine. His career is over, has been for years and I can't see even the belated release of this supposedly great shelved album saving him.

It's not about your image, it's about your music.  You just said it yourself, "supposed great album".  You don't wanna hear it?  Have you heard the leaks?  You aren't impressed?  It's big news for real Hip-Hop fans because this means we can finally hear some good music!

I just read the rest of the posts... SMH.  Y'all talking about fame and blowing up, when you should be excited about good music that we can listen to....

No I'm talking about Saigon's music also. I've heard leaks and I actually BOUGHT Warning Shots 1 (didnt check for Warning Shots 2) so I know what his sound is and what to expect from the guy. TGSNT was always overhyped as some saviour album for hip-hop when it really would have been nothing more than a very good album...something which is nice but we hear every couple of months minimum anyway.

It certainly wouldnt have changed the game. Another thing...would the album's sound not have aged? Sometimes old material sounds out of date and doesnt stand the test of time so there's another obstacle Saigon will have to avoid if it does come out.

He's a good emcee, I like the guy, but really....how long does it take to get ONE album out in your entire career? He's done nothing but mixtapes for 10 years.

Warning Shots were cut (for a reason) or Saigon indie tracks.  I believe the songs they kept for the album were far superior, and not to mention these tracks got the superstar mixing/mastering treatment.  I haven't heard a very good album since Wale and Joe Budden.  Not even Slaughterhouse was a very good album to me.  So for Saigon to drop would be huge.  And if the songs are as good as the leaks, then yes it will stand the test of time. 

If it drops this year and people don't put it in their top 3 albums of the year in Dec, I'll eat my own words.  But I think this project is special.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 10:04:18 PM »
Good news, I haven't listened to Saigon in a while but I'd be pumped if he released an album.