Author Topic: Chose my own price and paid $8.00 for Rass Kass The Quarterly, anybody else pay?  (Read 140 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Just curious how well this new "pick your price" format is working for artists.  Wanted to know if anybody else paid and how much they paid if you don't mind sharing.  I paid $8.00.  I actually put a lot of thought into what I was going to pay.  I figured I paid regular retail price if you take off the costs of shipping, etc.   

Soul On Ice was a classic album for me, and his material since then has been hit and miss.  But I do feel he is one of the artists that has suffered the most from digital downloads.  Artists like him and Canibus used to be on major labels selling 300,000 Units or so.  But when digital downloading became the big thing, such artists could probably only push 100,000 Units and thus could no longer turn a profit for the major labels.  Therefore so many great artists like Rass Kass were dropped from the majors and I believe the quality of their work since has never reached the level of what they produced for the majors.

I know many people disagree and may say the independent stuff is better, but I think Rass' first two albums and Canibus first two albums were better than anything they did after they went independent.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
interestin
whats the deal wit this pay as you go stuff? lol
canibus latest album isnt good as he can make muzik and has made muzik
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

sofdark

lotta good MC's lost their deal after mp3s were introduced. Back then, people viewed going gold minor success or lack of mainstream appeal. if things were like it used to be, we prolly had Crooked I , Bishop Lamont , Glasses Malone etc..