Author Topic: Soda tax: What do you think about it?  (Read 2301 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Soda tax: What do you think about it?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 09:19:29 AM »

It's not retarded and it has little to do with fighting obesity, people can't afford decent foods, so they buy cheap canned stuff which is bulked up with lots of sugar. Yes, soda isn't going to help the situation, but it's far from retarded, people drink lots of it, so it's something else to tax and of course once enough people have bought into that bullshit, then they can tax other items of consumptions in the name of fighting obesity.

War on terrorism is played out
War on climate change is on shaky ground
So now it's the war on obesity

New buzz words, same bullshit, end goal, more extortion

What they should do is not tax soda, they should drop the prices on healthy shit, not raise the price of soda. Unhealthy foods and drinks are heavily subsidised by the government. if they healthy foods were subsudised instead this stupid ass shit wouldn't even be an issue because the healthy foods would be cheaper than junk food...

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 10:35:19 AM »
This is madness. If you tax someone because his way of living is in some indirect way hurting society, you might as well tax beautiful girls who don't give blowjobs and pussy to everybody cause those people who don't get pussy might get mad and/or depressed and start massacres or become nursing cases who leech off the health care system and what not.

I vote yes.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 10:56:08 AM »
This is madness. If you tax someone because his way of living is in some indirect way hurting society, you might as well tax beautiful girls who don't give blowjobs and pussy to everybody cause those people who don't get pussy might get mad and/or depressed and start massacres or become nursing cases who leech off the health care system and what not.

I'm not in favor of this particular tax but your comparison is weak.  Obesity isn't indirectly hurting society, it's directly hurting it.  It's a fact that obese people miss more work which causes the companies to lose money.  It's a fact that obese people have a shorter life span.  It's a fact that obese people go to the ER more often. It's not an unknown situation, the evidence is there.  It isn't a fact that a guy not getting a blow job from a beautiful girl will create some random problem.

Sikotic™

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 12:03:21 PM »

What they should do is not tax soda, they should drop the prices on healthy shit, not raise the price of soda. Unhealthy foods and drinks are heavily subsidised by the government. if they healthy foods were subsudised instead this stupid ass shit wouldn't even be an issue because the healthy foods would be cheaper than junk food...

Yup, Subsidized because of the cheapness and surplus of corn and corn products (vegetable oil, hugh fructose corn syrup, corn fed cows, etc) in the US. The government doesn't care that it's gonna cost us more when over half of US citizens will be overweight and at risk for diabetes and heart disease because they're making bank at the moment.

Like I said and I'll say it again: if the government was really serious about stopping obesity, they would tax the obese individuals themselves and not everyone including those who live healthy lifestyles and like to indulge in a Coke or a pizza every once in a while.

Tax overweight people by the pound and watch them lose weight.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 12:07:50 PM »

Yup, Subsidized because of the cheapness and surplus of corn and corn products (vegetable oil, hugh fructose corn syrup, corn fed cows, etc) in the US. The government doesn't care that it's gonna cost us more when over half of US citizens will be overweight and at risk for diabetes and heart disease because they're making bank at the moment.

Like I said and I'll say it again: if the government was really serious about stopping obesity, they would tax the obese individuals themselves and not everyone including those who live healthy lifestyles and like to indulge in a Coke or a pizza every once in a while.

how do u tax overweight people tho?   Who is to know what some guy down the street weighs?  Or better yet, what their body fat is.  They should just make car seats only capable of holding a certain amount of poundage.  If youre above that poundage....your ass is walkin.  Problem solved.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 12:17:55 PM »

how do u tax overweight people tho?   Who is to know what some guy down the street weighs?  Or better yet, what their body fat is.  They should just make car seats only capable of holding a certain amount of poundage.  If youre above that poundage....your ass is walkin.  Problem solved.
LOL. That's clever.

ikke

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 12:33:11 PM »
I read a while back that some pool isn't allowed to sell fast food anymore because...

fat people who get exercise will get fast food during or after...

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 12:58:22 PM »
I read a while back that some pool isn't allowed to sell fast food anymore because...

lol@ eating a BigMac during your workout..

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 01:00:37 PM »

The YMCA in Kearney Mesa is sponsored by Jack-In-the-Box, which is right next door.

ikke

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 01:10:18 PM »

no mcdonalds.

just some family cafeteria.

and is swimming really a workout, it's something you do for fun

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2010, 01:14:02 PM »

no mcdonalds.

Swimming laps is defiantly a good workout. Even just swimming around is good exercise. Constantly moving around (in water, which has a lot more resistance then air) strengthens the body.

ikke

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 01:19:09 PM »

no mcdonalds.

Swimming laps is defiantly a good workout. Even just swimming around is good exercise. Constantly moving around (in water, which has a lot more resistance then air) strengthens the body.
What I mean is those people aren't swimming to exercise but to have fun.

It's kind of like an amusementpark without any fastfood.
Or a movie theatre without popcorn.

Exercising doesn't mean shit anyway, I bike 10 miles a day and still am sort of fat.

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 01:20:14 PM »

The YMCA in Kearney Mesa is sponsored by Jack-In-the-Box, which is right next door.

Grilled Chicken Strips  ;D

Sikotic™

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »

Those don't taste natural  :-\

That's not a bad idea either, but then you'll have people crying discrimination.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 02:29:46 PM »

Those don't taste natural  :-\

That's not a bad idea either, but then you'll have people crying discrimination.

well....have you ever seen a 500lb man try to fit into a Miata?!