Author Topic: Drama Continues for Death Row  (Read 1814 times)

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Drama Continues for Death Row
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2010, 02:04:04 PM »
Lara 'Suge' Lavi

Is it possible Lavi is just Suge Knight wearing all sorts of makeup to make him a big white bitch.

They are about the same size, just think about it.

lmao

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2010, 03:26:17 AM »
how much?

the sales were higher than i expected

Amid the infighting, Death Row managed to get only two albums and a box-set collection of songs to the market. The first was a remastered version of Dre's The Chronic, while the second was a rarities collection from Snoop Dogg. Neither was a huge commercial success — Thompson-So says The Chronic sold 50,000 copies in 2009, while Snoop Dogg's album sold only 30,000.
remember when people said that re-releasing the Chronic was a bad idea?

Well, I think it could have been a bigger success, had the sound quality been good and if they had been able to release it the way they wanted to.  We were originally supposed to get unreleased Dre tracks on there, but they took them off to avoid being sued.  Then....they got sued anyway. lol  Maybe they should have just put the Dre songs on there and said "fuck it."
but it's still Wideawake's best selling death row album: it sold more than Snoop's lost sessions.

some people felt it was better to kick off the 'new' death row with a different release, but i don't think it would have worked.

JohnnyL

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2010, 05:30:52 AM »
how much?

the sales were higher than i expected

Amid the infighting, Death Row managed to get only two albums and a box-set collection of songs to the market. The first was a remastered version of Dre's The Chronic, while the second was a rarities collection from Snoop Dogg. Neither was a huge commercial success — Thompson-So says The Chronic sold 50,000 copies in 2009, while Snoop Dogg's album sold only 30,000.
remember when people said that re-releasing the Chronic was a bad idea?

Well, I think it could have been a bigger success, had the sound quality been good and if they had been able to release it the way they wanted to.  We were originally supposed to get unreleased Dre tracks on there, but they took them off to avoid being sued.  Then....they got sued anyway. lol  Maybe they should have just put the Dre songs on there and said "fuck it."
but it's still Wideawake's best selling death row album: it sold more than Snoop's lost sessions.

some people felt it was better to kick off the 'new' death row with a different release, but i don't think it would have worked.

Oh yeah.  I agree that it wasn't a bad idea.