Author Topic: Would you want immortality if it were possible, because it may be someday....  (Read 652 times)

Sikotic™

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article5594539.ece
Turritopsis nutricula: the world's only 'immortal' creature

Turritopsis nutricula may be the world’s only “immortal” creature.

Jellyfish usually die after propagating but Turritopsis reverts to a sexually immature stage after reaching adulthood and is capable of rejuvenating itself.

The 4-5mm diameter creature, technically known as a hydrozoan, is the only known animal that is capable of reverting to its juvenile polyp state.

Theoretically, this cycle can repeat indefinitely, rendering it potentially immortal.

Found in warm tropical waters Turritopsis is believed to be spreading across the world as ships’ ballast water is discharged in ports.

Though solitary, they are predatory creatures and mature asexually from a polyp stage.

The jellyfish and its reversal of the ageing process is now the focus of research by marine biologists and geneticists. It is thought to achieve the feat through the cell development process of transdifferentiation, in which cells transform from one type to another.

The switching of cell roles is usually seen only when parts of an organ regenerate. However, it appears to occur normally in the Turritopsis life cycle.

Hydrozoans are simple motherfuckers and nowhere near as complex as us mammals, but there is a possibility that someone may be able to take some elements from Turritopsis nutricula and potentially expand the human lifespan or even make men immortal.

The question is: Would you want to live forever?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ikke

Only if I can reset my memory every century or so.
However you spend Infinity you will be done eventually.
Literally bored to death.

The idea of immortallity sounds amazing.
But when you think about it, it sucks.
All of us kill time frequently so we're not really using the little time we have anyway.

Bananas

Yes.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

depends on who u are.

If I was Sarah Palin stupid...no way Id wanna live with that curse forever.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Muhfukka

no, im sure at some point in time i would get life in prison and that would be fucked

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
What - in - the - fuck

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

no, im sure at some point in time i would get life in prison and that would be fucked

no...YOU would be fucked.  Cus right before u die...youll turn back into an innocent, young boy...sharing a bunk with Chester
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sikotic™

Never met a Chester that wasn't a lil off lol.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Santanaz

• Lil Geezy
  • S-bLoCC Style 2C's
I wouldn't under these circumstances
"Talk About It While I Live It"

The Overfiend

Yes. Most absolutely. ETERNAL LIFE!!!!!

The Overfiend

...and I pity the fools who think otherwise.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

No and I hope it never comes about either because if I could live forever it would change who I am. Although I know that a select few people will have access to it and what we have seen from science is only the very tip of the iceberg, so I have no doubt that at some point it will be possible and then these psychopaths, sociopaths call them what you will, really will have the opportunity of ruling forever, making themselves god like.

2010-thefuture

Idk....maybe as long as we could solve this gay thing.........

Sikotic™

Idk....maybe as long as we could solve this gay thing.........
Don't act like you've never lusted for a woman, Queen.

THA SAUCE HOUSE