Author Topic: Drake Featuring The-Dream - Shut It Down (unfinished version)  (Read 439 times)

NotoriousTDA

Re: Drake Featuring The-Dream - Shut It Down (unfinished version)
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 03:38:52 PM »
ya then why isnt gudda gudda the next big thing or shawt dogg?

obviously wayne has an influence on buzz but to say drake is nothing without wayne is ridculous.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »
This is fucking bullshit.

i can fux wid dis

You're starting to sound like a stan. This is complete trash.

i like drake. you dont. i dont know why you keep coming into drake related threads when you dont even like his music in the first place  :loco:

I come in to check what all the hype is about. And from what I've heard so far, there should be none. If I like an artist, I'm still willing to admit whether I feel a song is wack.

that's what the hype is all about; take away my man in the shades & the white tee & you have nothing. :-X

well, your boyfriend in the shades and in the white tee is gone, hes gone to jail. And drake is still standing as the most anticipated artist to drop a debut album. People are saying drake is better then wayne anyway so what does this have to do with wayne? Why cuz hes signed to his label?

Drake had a buzz before young money, but i wouldnt have expected you to know that

yeah, but who else is even anticipated?

& Drake doesn't need Wayne anymore, he already got the exposure he needed; he has a fanbase of his own, but 98% of Drake fans were/are Lil' Wayne fans before anybody knew who Drake was.

& if Drake had buzz before Young Money, i would of known about it..lol.

obviously wayne has an influence on buzz but to say drake is nothing without wayne is ridculous.

i didn't mean that Wayne going to jail will have affect on him today, but Drake wouldn't be where he is at without him; we would know of him, but he wouldn't have the stardom or the hype or the anticipation he has.

& the guys you named don't have that Drake look; fresh, fly, good look (pause), can sing & rap the most adopted Wayne flow in the world.

MediumL

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 03:56:57 PM »

but theyre nowhere near as marketable. drake is better than them and im not saying hed be nothing without wayne but im saying hed be nowhere near as hyped. most people only checked that mixtape cause wayne featured on it.

Wow just heard the song on the radio and its weak. Dream has done a lot better songs. Just seems to try and create an epic/atmospheric feel but drake and dream have such weak vocals they seem to add nothing and it all falls flat.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 03:58:59 PM by MediumL »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 03:58:33 PM »
well then theres really no point to youre arguement. you just have to bring up something negative. yes this world is about networking; its who you know not what you
know.

em wouldnt have been anything without dre, 50 without dre, ect. yeah wayne made drake a global success, but he had a buzz in canada way before he signed with wayne.

all im saying is drake is a good artist and i like him. he can spit he can sing and he talks about shit i can relate to. whoever else is hating stay out of the threads about him its

that simple.

MediumL

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 03:59:35 PM »
ok cool dont get ur tampon in a twist.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »

but theyre nowhere near as marketable. drake is better than them and im not saying hed be nothing without wayne but im saying hed be nowhere near as hyped. most people only checked that mixtape cause wayne featured on it.

what the so far gone mixtape? ya prolly. but i bet you guys didnt even know he had one out before that right? or maybe you did but you heard so far gone first and thats

what based you opinion around him, "oh heres some guy thats signed to wayne trying to sound like wayne" type shit.

yeah i'll admit i was skeptical about him too at first. I saw the replacement girl video like 2 years ago and im like "what the black kid from the degrassi show is trying to rap now?"

but then i checked his comeback season mixtape and that shit blew me away so ive been a fan ever since. Then so far gone came out which was dece too much singing imo but there was some hot tracks on there.

MediumL

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 04:05:41 PM »
its not even a hate thing i like fear and forever but i just think his content on the whole is weak (ive heard people do girls, fame and money a lot better than him) and his singing is horrible.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 04:09:08 PM »
opinions opinions.

check the comeback season tape, if that doesnt change your mind then cool.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 04:11:26 PM »
This is on par with So Far Gone which I enjoyed.  It's dope.  Granted the album is supposed to be So Far Gone on steroids which this track does not support.  I'm hoping he steps it up a notch.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: Drake Featuring The-Dream - Shut It Down (Off 'Thank Me Later')
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 04:24:47 PM »
Snoozefest.. The-Dream is boring on 9 of 10 tracks.  :-X

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 04:37:15 PM »
i like Drake's music; this is actually the first song i couldn't even finish.

& yeah, Em might not be what he is without Dre & 50 wouldn't be what he is without Em & Dre, but 50's Power Of A Dollar is a thousand times Drake's first mixtape & had hype on the mic, not on some icon.

Eminem got his original buzz from Dre, similar to Drake getting his from Wayne, but after Em's first two albums, Eminem was living off his own success.

after hearing everything i've ever heard from him & comparing them to the first things i heard of 50 & Eminem, it's not even close how much more hype they deserved than Drake does.

he's got some bumpable music, but this "savior" thing i read here & there is just ridiculously absurd; the fact he has almost as much buzz as 50 & Eminem did & he's that much less deserving is incredible to me.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 04:49:18 PM »
Ewwww I like his single, but this is just wack to me...

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 05:32:44 PM »
This and Over are average as fuck

Sikotic™

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 06:25:41 PM »
This is fucking bullshit.

i can fux wid dis

You're starting to sound like a stan. This is complete trash.

i like drake. you dont. i dont know why you keep coming into drake related threads when you dont even like his music in the first place  :loco:

I come in to check what all the hype is about. And from what I've heard so far, there should be none. If I like an artist, I'm still willing to admit whether I feel a song is wack.

that's what the hype is all about; take away my man in the shades & the white tee & you have nothing. :-X
Not at all. He's got endorsement deals from people like Sprite n shit. They're not gonna put that fool promoting their product with the potential to lose money unless he's a sure thing.

All he needs to do is solidify his "gangsta" by doing stupid shit like bringing a gun to the airport. Then he will be raking in the dough.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 12:58:31 AM »
I'm a big fan of everything Drizzy is dropping lately but this is not for me  :-X