Author Topic: Ann Coulter does it again  (Read 886 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Ann Coulter does it again
« on: March 23, 2010, 12:51:51 PM »
A 17-year-old Muslim student sparked the testiest exchange and the loudest cheers and jeers at a speech by controversial U.S. conservative Ann Coulter at the University of Western Ontario Monday.

After a wide-ranging speech attacking gay rights activists, the mainstream media and the Barack Obama administration, Coulter took questions from an audience clearly divided in its support for her style of attack conservatism.

Fatima Al-Dhaher, a political science student from London, rose and spoke about comments Coulter made after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

The firebrand Republican had suggested Muslim countries be invaded, their leaders killed and all Muslims converted to Christianity. She later suggested Muslims denied air travel take "flying carpets" instead.

"As a 17-year-old student of this university, Muslim, should I be converted to Christianity? Second of all, since I don't have a magic carpet, what other modes do you suggest," Al-Dhaher said to loud and sustained applause.

"I thought it was just American public schools that produced ignorant people," Coulter replied, prompting her own round of applause.

Coulter then noted many Japanese were converted to Christianity after the Second World War and "we haven't heard a peep out of them."

To shouts of "Answer the question," Coulter finally replied, "What mode of transportation? Take a camel."

"Are you going to convert her now?" another student shouted out.

"No, there are some people I just as soon not convert," Coulter retorted. Al-Dhaher, who left the session soon after, said she came to the speech because it's important to hear all sides of the political spectrum.

But Coulter disappointed.

"She just spewed all this nonsense, it was a comedic act."

Coulter did not disappoint her many fans in the crowd of 800 with either her politics or her humour. Her 45-minute speech was loosely focused on political correctness, which allowed her to attack liberals of all stripes.

Liberals constantly complain their rights are being attacked in the same way blacks' rights once were, she said.

"In America everybody wants to be black. The feminists want to be black, the illegal aliens want to be black, the gays want to be black," she said.

Yet none of the complainers have anything serious to complain about, Coulter said.

"There are only two things gay men can't do. Number one, get married to each other. Number two, throw a baseball without looking like a girl."

But her jokes often had a serious point as well. "Every Democrat in the past several election cycles that has run for president has sworn to attack gay marriage, but only Republicans get attacked for gay marriage."

Backed by the mainstream media, liberals have turned political correctness into a weapon that tries to silence people with opposing views, Coulter said.

Liberal pundits suggest Obama's race helped him win the election, but conservatives cannot do the same, she said.

Feminists blame the Conservatives for an array of ills, but turned suddenly silent when former U.S. president Bill Clinton had sex with an intern, she said.

"Political correctness has nothing to do with offending people or not offending people. It is purely about power," she said.
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/03/22/13322401.html

:laugh:

The hotheaded conservative pundit is in Ottawa today for her second stop in a three-city university tour, but before she even stepped on Canadian soil, she received a letter from the University of Ottawa provost, Francois Houle, reminding her of Canada’s freedom of speech laws, which prohibit hate speech toward identifiable groups.
http://www.torontolife.com/daily/informer/the-yanks/2010/03/23/ann-coulter-comes-to-ontario-to-tell-us-gay-men-throw-like-girls-can%E2%80%99t-marry/

So much for freedom of speech. :P

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ann Coulter does it again
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »
Ann Coulter is awesome. Her comment about liberals using political correctness to silence conservatives is dead on.

There is nothing more annoying than liberals always pretending to be offended about dumb shit. Either they are trying to silence different views or they are the most oversensitive pussies in the world.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:40:37 PM by Real American »

the ghost

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 02:46:46 PM »
Ann Coulter is awesome. Her comment about liberals using political correctness to silence conservatives is dead on.

There is nothing more annoying than liberals always pretending to be offended about dumb shit. Either they are trying to silence different views or they are the most oversensitive pussies in the world.

She is a complete idiot.  I hope she gets anally raped by a Muslim

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 02:48:05 PM »
whoa! ann coulter said some ignorant things, some racist things and just outright stupid things? I for one am absolutely AMAZED!

Fraxxx

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 03:09:14 PM »
Even IF the the opinions she gives had any substance (which they have not), I can't even imagine how someone can agree with her kindergardenlike way of arguing. Are we really at a point where WHATEVER someone says, no matter how pathetic, gets cheers, if it only is aimed at the political opponent? It's plain sad that such a person even gets a platform for her attention-whoring! ELANO!
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

dexter

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 04:52:18 PM »
Even IF the the opinions she gives had any substance (which they have not), I can't even imagine how someone can agree with her kindergardenlike way of arguing. Are we really at a point where WHATEVER someone says, no matter how pathetic, gets cheers, if it only is aimed at the political opponent? It's plain sad that such a person even gets a platform for her attention-whoring! ELANO!
8)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 05:32:48 PM »

Ann Coulter is like a Bill Maher.....she says outrageous things and tries to be offensive. She is basically a comedian. The only difference is liberals get mad at Coulter because she goes after subjects that it is not politically correct to talk about: Muslims, gays, Barack Obama, etc

Why is it OK to mock conservatives, white people, Christians, Republicans, etc but not other groups?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 05:33:43 PM »
It's good to have you back CWalker aka Real American.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 05:37:55 PM »
It's good to have you back CWalker aka Real American.

Someone has to educate these liberals.....I guess I am the one to do it.

Fraxxx

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 05:42:50 PM »

Ann Coulter is like a Bill Maher.....she says outrageous things and tries to be offensive. She is basically a comedian. The only difference is liberals get mad at Coulter because she goes after subjects that it is not politically correct to talk about: Muslims, gays, Barack Obama, etc

Why is it OK to mock conservatives, white people, Christians, Republicans, etc but not other groups?

I fear her "fans" haven't noticed that yet. And I seen her on TV, I think she hasn't either! BTW I dislike guys like Keith Olberman nearly as much, because I believe in a certain form a discussion or exchange of opinions should have. But Ann Coulter spews pure hate whenever I get to see her talking.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 06:53:08 PM »
LOL, her speech tonight was shut down!!! This only proves her point about political correctness.....

http://www.canada.com/Coulter+event+...231/story.html

Coulter's Ottawa speech cancelled over 'public safety' fears

By Robert Sibley, Ottawa CitizenMarch 23, 2010 9:33 PM
StoryPhotos ( 3 )Video ( 2 )

Concerns for "public safety" forced the cancellation of American conservative commentator Ann Coulter's speaking engagement at the University of Ottawa Tuesday night.

Several hundred people, including students from both Carleton University and the University of Ottawa, showed up prior to Coulter's speech. The loudest and most vociferous were protesting her presence, drowning out a smaller group of pro-Coulter demonstrators.

Ottawa police had more than nine squad cars at the scene, at the university's Marion Hall. But the event was cancelled about 8:15 p.m. — before Coulter had a chance to speak.

"It's a public safety issue," said Sgt. Dan Beauchamp.

Coulter stirred controversy even before she arrived in Ottawa. The university's student federation objected to her even appearing on campus, going so far as to ban posters advertising her speaking engagement. The University of Ottawa provost, Francois Houle, wrote a letter to the American author warning her against violating Canada's hate-speech laws.

Coulter replied, suggesting Houle was showing "hatred" toward conservatives.

The exchange no doubt contributed to the large turnout for the event.

"No more racists on our campus,'' shouted the anti-Coulter crowd.

"No more commies on our campus," shouted the pro-Coulter group.

In the end, of course, nobody got to hear what the woman had to say.

--

Did you witness this event, or know someone who did? If you have digital photos or video, why not share it with others and get it published on Canada.com. Email us at cns@canwest.comNote: Mp4 or avi videos work well, and pictures are fine in any format.

© Copyright (c) Canwest News Service

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 06:57:13 PM »
i hope her plane crashes. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 07:05:28 PM »
i hope her plane crashes. 

LOL.......why are you mad????

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 07:18:12 PM »
i wont be if her plane crashes.  thats kinda messed up tho...the pilot and the rest of the people on the plane probably are OK and dont deserve to die.....

ok ok, i hope a plugged in toaster falls into the tub with her.  thats better.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 08:05:46 PM »
I saw her on Michael Coren today and agreed with almost everything she said. Most people that oppose her just don't like her style. What she says is pretty spot on.