Author Topic: Hood News presents (Ice Cube).  (Read 410 times)

Westdog

Hood News presents (Ice Cube).
« on: March 24, 2010, 05:07:14 AM »
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Re: Hood News presents (Ice Cube).
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 09:37:11 AM »
Props.  Cube talking some real shit in there.  Unfortunately he was doing so from the church.  Nevertheless, it great to hear him address the youth like that.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 01:18:16 PM »
Props.  Cube talking some real shit in there.  Unfortunately he was doing so from the church.  Nevertheless, it great to hear him address the youth like that.
i didn't watch the whole thing, but why is that a bad thing?

Bananas

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 01:23:37 PM »

Because he used to keep it real speaking on the hypocrisy of blacks and christianity.

you're blessed with the father, son, and the holy ghost,
but my whole neighborhood is comatose
lookin for survival
the devil made you a slave then he gave u a bible
400 yrs of gettin our ass kicked
by so-called Christians and Catholics....

Blasphemy

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 01:45:25 PM »

Because he used to keep it real speaking on the hypocrisy of blacks and christianity.

you're blessed with the father, son, and the holy ghost,
but my whole neighborhood is comatose
lookin for survival
the devil made you a slave then he gave u a bible
400 yrs of gettin our ass kicked
by so-called Christians and Catholics....

did u keep that after I posted>?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 02:10:43 PM »
it all depends on how you define keeping it real

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 02:34:49 PM »

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 05:49:57 PM »

Well I'm just not into organized religion.  In fact, if anything, it has been detrimental to society in many ways.  I just wish he would do these speaking engagements outside the church too.  Maybe he does.  I know he does a lot of behind the scenes stuff with charity, scholarships, and so forth.  Just not a huge fan of him doing it from the pulpit.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 01:30:58 AM »

Well I'm just not into organized religion.  In fact, if anything, it has been detrimental to society in many ways.  I just wish he would do these speaking engagements outside the church too.  Maybe he does.  I know he does a lot of behind the scenes stuff with charity, scholarships, and so forth.  Just not a huge fan of him doing it from the pulpit.

well you're a smart person, so this should be an interesting conversation  :) don't worry if it goes a little offtopic.

your post reminds me of this song:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJcqbreTr-g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mJcqbreTr-g</a>

so you prefer a neutral territory for the speech, otherwise it sends the wrong message, or?
but a church brings people together, no?
not all churches are bad + not every 'Muslim' is a terrorist+ not every man is a rapist etc.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 12:57:14 PM »

well you're a smart person, so this should be an interesting conversation  :) don't worry if it goes a little offtopic.

your post reminds me of this song:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJcqbreTr-g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mJcqbreTr-g</a>

so you prefer a neutral territory for the speech, otherwise it sends the wrong message, or?
but a church brings people together, no?
not all churches are bad + not every 'Muslim' is a terrorist+ not every man is a rapist etc.

Haha...it's funny you posted that Paris joint because I was thinking about that song when I wrote my previous reply.

I personally prefer a neutral territory for the speech but he is obviously entitled to do whatever he feels is going to be conducive to the problem at hand.  I'm not saying it sends the wrong message but it sure can turn people off in an instant because of his chosen platform.  At the end of the day he's saying what needs to be said and I guess that's the most important part.  I'm just not into "Thank God this, Thank God that."  The other shit he said was on point.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 01:22:45 PM »
well i can read your mind  :D  :bandit:

anyway, well put, i now understand your vision better.

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 07:27:12 PM »
Cube is the west...thats what these new booty niggas need to understand.....you can't talk shit if you haven't done shit...put out a few albums before you expect a legend to bow down.......Cubes been putten it down for the west in a real way for decades.........wesssssssssssssssssss........ 8)