Author Topic: no caps  (Read 115 times)

dameons

no caps
« on: March 29, 2010, 09:09:16 PM »
Storch is a good clone of Dr Dre , but Premier created his own sound and made the east coast what it once was ...Dominant.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 09:45:55 PM by Adon »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DJ PREMIER >>>>>>>>>>SCOTT STORCH
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 09:11:41 PM »
this goin to be good...especially when somehow 3-6 mafia get involved...lol

but what do you think is tuff jew's best work?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 09:33:43 PM »
i dont' view storch as clone of dre.  some of his more west coast sounding material clearly sounds like the backbone of a west coast dre tracks but then some of storch's work (like on bishop lamont's pope mobile) started sounding really original. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 09:40:11 PM »
he mos def got some dretox in him....but he can make some bangers...but be careful if dae one....slides by and makes somethin better than tuff jew...lol
for a big time producer...he should have made better muzik for pope mobile...not that what he made wasnt dope...but it should have been better...so the other producers made better muzik and they arent as known...think thats important to point out...and a battle between these two might be one of the toughest battles of all time cuz they are both dope in their own way...tuff jew could prolly win cuz premo....lol
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 09:42:42 PM by THA WESTCOAST WAS IN YO BITCH, WHERE WERE YOU? »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 09:40:34 PM »
You can't compare them, because they are so different.

I think that Scott Storch is way more of a musician than a producer. You can clearly hear it in his solo work. I don't really know to say it, but his sound is kinda plain. Especially his drums. But he almost always make nice and catchy melodies.

DJ Premier is basically a DJ/Producer, that always work with a sample. His sound is very very east coast and he is, to me, a top 5 New York producer, if not in all hip hop.

Point is, Premier can't compose melodies for shit and Storch can't remix samples at all.

That's all