Author Topic: Cube, Dre, Snoop & Game in the studio  (Read 2588 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Cube, Dre, Snoop & Game in the studio
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 02:26:01 PM »
Man if I could get some new Cube tracks produced by Dre I would be a very happy man.

If I could get a song with all 4 of them produced by Dre, I could die a happy man.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Okka

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 02:51:42 PM »
Great news, i hope Dre gonna hook Cube up with some beats for his album and Cube will be on "Detox".

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 07:38:52 PM »
8)

The West is making some moves right now.  Love it.

2010 releases: Brotha Lynch, 40, Cube, Murs, Game, Dre, Snoop, G Malone, Nipsey, WC, Kokane, Crazy Toones, Spice 1, Dogg Pound, Kurupt, Cypress Hill, etc...

Plus DJ Quik, could be a big year for the West.

Thats why people need to stop bitchin and just support the music....if everybody drops there album then this will be the year of the WESTCOAST takeover.....real facts.

Chad

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 07:50:33 PM »
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Westdog

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 08:16:10 PM »
Dre & Cube is is is alwaays Bomb! Is the Shit!, as everything that they did together!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:25:27 PM by Westdog »
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

B.A.

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 08:48:37 PM »
8)

The West is making some moves right now.  Love it.

2010 releases: Brotha Lynch, 40, Cube, Murs, Game, Dre, Snoop, G Malone, Nipsey, WC, Kokane, Crazy Toones, Spice 1, Dogg Pound, Kurupt, Cypress Hill, etc...

Thats why people need to stop bitchin and just support the music....if everybody drops there album then this will be the year of the WESTCOAST takeover.....real facts.

I'm not trying to hate or anything, I support the west to the fullest but I also think it's gonna take more than just dropping albums for the west to take over. Most of the artist mentioned above with the exception of Snoop, Dre, Game and possibly Cube probably wont even get radio play and or video spins. Snoop hardly sounds west coast nowadays (unless you count his semi-gangster lyrics over some south or R&B beats), Cube's last album had a south sound to it, Dre's productions during the last few years haven't really been anything that special (I would like him to reinvent his sound because those symplistic beats he's been making and the use of that piano the way he's been using it is played out and boring now), I love Quik's music (my favorite rapper and producer nowadays) but the second half of Blaqout and the most of the music on the Fixxers album was definitally not up to Quik's level that we are use to hearing (althogh the new track with Suga Free got my hopes back up  ;D ), I will say that the Game has managed to consistantly have some bangin ass west coast cuts on his albums although he does seem to go a little south at times with the production.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, if the majority of the west coast artist coming out are not going to get the push/support from tv/radio and come out independent or with just mixtapes then there is not going to be a takeover specially if the big names that do get the big push/support are making music to fit what's "popular" and "trendy" at the moment. Dre could do something to swing the momentum towards the west coast, but his album would have to be on The Chronic's level as far as a new sound that can change the game. Lynch put out a great record but underground/independent records like these, no matter how good they are, are going to have a hard time changing the game since few people outside of DUBCNN land or sites like it will even know they exist; the general rap listener doesn't stay up on everything coming out of the westcoast like we do, they just go for what is being fed to them over the radio, tv, clubs so a west coast takeover is still a long shot. I'm note sure about a takeover and at this point I don't really care but if we can atleast get some good, real, west coast releases like Lynche's Dinner and A Movie then it's all good and if the people that call the shots and decide what get's air play and what doesn't decide not to show the music any love and support well then in the words of Eazy-E... " I say fuck 'em! " I would love to see the west come back in a big way, but that's just my opinion...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:50:25 PM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 02:51:17 AM »
8)

The West is making some moves right now.  Love it.

big year my ass

why u always have that negative posts? why don't you ever admit somethin and be happy about that? u always gotta deny things, whats all this hate for?
i'm not being negative, i'm just skeptic that's all.
know the difference

besides, don't put me in a box like that