Author Topic: Have you noticed rap videos have become cheaper and crappier?  (Read 756 times)

Prof@ssor

When you think about rap videos from 10 years or sumn ago, whether it was Biggie, Dr. Dre, etc... they all had a big budgets and were quite entertaining  :laugh:

Nowdays we have the most hyped rappers like Drake who make cheap, dull video's...and the rest has even crappier Rick Cordero directed videos, don't even talk about the West lol  :monkey_piss:

I mean i understand we've had a recession and all, but maybe the reason of the decline is the fact that people don't watch video's that much anymore? What do you think?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 04:21:07 PM by Prof@ssor »

Muhfukka

Re: Have you noticed rap videos have become cheaper and crappier?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 04:17:12 PM »
biggie was dead 10 years ago

acgrundy

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 04:18:03 PM »
I never knew anybody watched music videos anymore.  Are they only played on the net or what?

Okka

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »
I never knew anybody watched music videos anymore.  Are they only played on the net or what?

I don't even know why people make music videos these days. Most of them are those white background sell out shit videos anyway.

TRU 504 BoY

• 'G'
  • Fuck You!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 04:28:06 PM »
why spend big on a video when it wont be showed on MTV. BET barely play any videos. Who watches 106 n Park these days.

the ghost

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 04:50:13 PM »
Music industry is running out of cash.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 04:51:36 PM »
Eminem has some high quality, good music videos.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 04:56:44 PM »

I don't even know why people make music videos these days. Most of them are those white background sell out shit videos anyway.

I just realized that the other day.

Back in the day, music videos were the business.
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 05:00:29 PM »

lmao word. every video is white background shit. lol.

but I like cheap videos. Love those hood videos. like the new WC video. just him in the hood, c-walkin and just.. fuckin around?

I think thats way more entertaining than a white background video with 4 bitches with nice bodies, ONE dope ass car and some sort of alcohol gettin poured like crazy.

Gimme some hood shit!

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 05:31:25 PM »

lmao word. every video is white background shit. lol.

but I like cheap videos. Love those hood videos. like the new WC video. just him in the hood, c-walkin and just.. fuckin around?

I think thats way more entertaining than a white background video with 4 bitches with nice bodies, ONE dope ass car and some sort of alcohol gettin poured like crazy.

Gimme some hood shit!

yeah i'd take that too. but i'd rather something big like California Love or Natural Born Killaz. they were quality videos 8)

Blasphemy

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 06:01:26 PM »
It's all going into Detox Videos, James Cameron's Directing them, and it will blow ur mind.  ::)

PLANT

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 06:26:19 PM »
cheap and crappy videos go hand in hand with cheap and crappy albums....that green screen shit is hit or miss usually miss in music videos

and i just seen that snoop video for that tree and had to shake my head a few times, what a joke!

socal

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 06:34:02 PM »
Definately videos aren't the quality they once were
All you Suckas want to Diss the PACiFiC but you Buster Niggaz never get Specific!!

Suga Foot

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
Record companies aren't gonna pay 250K + for videos anymore because they can't make that money back (unless you're Eminem or Jay-Z). 

Although you can make a good video on a low budget.  It comes down to the cameras and the lighting.  If you're using good cameras and have good lighting, it doesn't really matter whats goin on, it'll still look good (imo)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 11:35:21 PM »
Realistically, it's just not gonna happen like that anymore.

An expensive music video made sense when there were dozens of major and independent record stores to chose from and they could sell CD's for 16.99. Today, it just doesn't work. Music is so quickly processed and disposed of. They download the MP3 or watch the video on YouTube and are done with it within the week, sometimes within the day. It's not just videos. It's nearly everything related with music from magazines on down. With music, nobody wants to pay for presentation so they are either cutting it down or cutting it out. That's just how it goes.