Author Topic: Have you noticed rap videos have become cheaper and crappier?  (Read 757 times)

Jaydc

Re: Have you noticed rap videos have become cheaper and crappier?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 11:46:22 PM »
The days of multi million dollar videos are over.The hype williams of the worlds are no more lol.Their just is no reason to sink that kind of money into a video,when people are going to watch it once or twice on the internet and never again.Shit I cant remember the last time I watched a video on tv.

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 11:53:15 PM »
Music industry is running out of cash.

YES. They made big budget videos because the market was 5 times bigger than what is now and there was no YouTube.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 12:18:01 AM »
YES. They made big budget videos because the market was 5 times bigger than what is now and there was no YouTube.
Yup. People were paying for quality in those days. If you look at even ten years ago, think about how much advertisers were probably paying every day for commercial time on TRL or Direct Effect. Back then, you could make a new video and use it to jumpstart your whole marketing campaign. Once the video was in place, you had the single on radio and by the time, the album was on store shelves, the label had already made their money back and then some. For TRL to have gone under is as big a sign as any as to how far the industry has fallen. Not only is there no place for the labels to launch videos by new artists but even the more established money-makers are pretty much out in the cold.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 12:23:27 AM »
low budget is one thing, but the quality sucks a lot of times yes.

it can be done right though:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-MrQtOoQRpc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-MrQtOoQRpc</a>

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 12:54:16 AM »
low budget is one thing, but the quality sucks a lot of times yes.

it can be done right though:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-MrQtOoQRpc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-MrQtOoQRpc</a>

indeed . i sure as hell donīt miss the late 90s big budget videos where everyone was in a some kind of tube with flashing lights in the background, filmed through a fish eye of course.  puffy started the trend if i remember right and everyone followed. if you donīt get what iīm saying check some ol late 90s rap videos, they were basicly all the same.

you donīt need a big budget to make good videos and films. itīs been proven lots of times and there will always be some low budget films thatīll make their makers rich

Trip Dee

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 02:11:10 AM »
^ exactly. budgets are low, no doubt about it. the thing is you don't need no budget to have an idea, and videos these days have none, just a bunch of muthafuckas on some background...

btw Tutlock, i liked the fisheye....

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 02:36:20 AM »
Music sales aren't doing well anymore - record labels aren't giving away massive advances and budgets on artists anymore. Unless you're guaranteed to kill it its going to be GREEN screening all the way.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Blasphemy

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 08:16:38 AM »
To me Death Row Records had the most classic videos produced. When u viewed there Hoodz, it was set up like a Stoner Cartoon type of deal. It was just a surreal moment when u view them. Ruthless Records had some amazing videos also. Aftermath had dope Slim Shady ones (IMO Dr. Dre's seemed like a Generic club ones).

Today well....it's shit.

Elkoizm

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 08:44:15 AM »
People don't watch videos anymore on TV.
Technology has changed so that anyone can make a dope video which makes artists think "Why the fuck should I spend this much on a video with these props, this director and all this when someone with a good camera and dope video editing program can pull off the same trick?"
Youtube plays a huge factor in the video game but the days of videos being premiered aren't the same.

westside159

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 08:48:20 AM »
Hell yeah rap videos now are all the fucking same .   Every single video you see on Mtv and 106 & Park are directed by the same person i think .   

90's rap videos were unique

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 09:36:33 AM »
I like Rik Cordeo's music videos
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dnjp4life

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 10:05:16 AM »
I agree with the thread-starter.  Just look at Biggie's hypnotize and 2Pac's California Love, no hip-hop artist or director makes videos on that level anymore.  But I'm not really surprised since audiences have declined in recent years and people aren't really caring.

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 02:37:39 PM »
I Loveeeee crappy videos !

that shit be entertaining as hell... lol especially when ur loaded...

if u make a crappy video...  I will watch it.  Lol
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

arubiano83

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 02:55:52 PM »
watchin''  *the crossroads*  8) 8) 8)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 02:59:21 PM »
When you think about rap videos from 10 years or sumn ago, whether it was Biggie, Dr. Dre, etc... they all had a big budgets and were quite entertaining  :laugh:

Nowdays we have the most hyped rappers like Drake who make cheap, dull video's...and the rest has even crappier Rick Cordero directed videos, don't even talk about the West lol  :monkey_piss:

I mean i understand we've had a recession and all, but maybe the reason of the decline is the fact that people don't watch video's that much anymore? What do you think?

lol@biggie was dead 10 years ago that got you my equal hahahahahaha, but again why would you want to spend big chipper jones on a video if you not seeing no return in sales? that would make no fucc'n sense yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp