Author Topic: WA Deathrow Crooked I - Hood Star (Artwork)  (Read 3189 times)

kuruptDPG

Re: WA Deathrow Crooked I - Hood Star (Artwork)
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2010, 04:37:04 AM »
well lets just hope crook allows this release and it wont contain the same songs that have been leaked

Mietek23

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2010, 04:38:00 AM »
Thats fucking lame....I just  want to be able to own a Crooked I album before I die,and hes not going to do it on his own,now hes going to block this..sigh,just let the album go through its not going to hurt his career in any way and fans are going to buy it,all hes doing is fucking over the fans,once again.

I know but he said some shit like he's want to move forward and this album will get him backwards or some shit like that.. anyway I got a feeling 75% of the tracks will be the ones that have leaked for the past year

JohnnyL

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2010, 05:45:20 AM »
 Well, the artwork...is okay.  Why didn't they just release "Untouchable" or Say Hi to the Bad Guy," though?  I remember when they first started doing interviews at Wideawake, they talked about all of this unreleased artwork from albums that they were going to start releasing.  But you can't really use the unreleased artwork, if you keep changing the album names.
 All in all, I don't hate this artwork.  It's at least better than the cover for that Kurupt album. lol  I guess I would just prefer that, when possible, they release the actual unreleased projects, not compilations made up of bits and pieces from them.
 Oh well.  Still looking forward to seeing the track list (I bet "Hood Star" is on there). 
 Oh, and I hope Crooked lets this release go through.  I really don't understand why he thinks releasing 10 year old material is going to be so damaging.  If anything, it's free promotion.  Not to mention, it's a project for which he'll actually be getting paid.     

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2010, 05:55:36 AM »
Damn that is one ugly cover. I hope this won't have the leaks from "Say Hi To The Bad Guy".
off course it will

I'm pretty sure Crook gets paid off what they put out so I can't imagine he's too mad about it. I consider this dope news as I didn't buy any of the overpriced bootlegs so an official pressed copy works for me. I just hope the sound quality is half way decent, this time.
how can you be so sure of that?

Well, the artwork...is okay.  Why didn't they just release "Untouchable" or Say Hi to the Bad Guy," though?  I remember when they first started doing interviews at Wideawake, they talked about all of this unreleased artwork from albums that they were going to start releasing.  But you can't really use the unreleased artwork, if you keep changing the album names.
 All in all, I don't hate this artwork.  It's at least better than the cover for that Kurupt album. lol  I guess I would just prefer that, when possible, they release the actual unreleased projects, not compilations made up of bits and pieces from them.
 Oh well.  Still looking forward to seeing the track list (I bet "Hood Star" is on there). 
 Oh, and I hope Crooked lets this release go through.  I really don't understand why he thinks releasing 10 year old material is going to be so damaging.  If anything, it's free promotion. Not to mention, it's a project for which he'll actually be getting paid.    
that's not a fact
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:01:59 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Okka

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2010, 05:55:53 AM »
Cover is one of the worst i've ever seen. Fuck releasin' this bullshit, they need to release "Untouchable".

JohnnyL

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2010, 06:06:29 AM »
Cover is one of the worst i've ever seen. Fuck releasin' this bullshit, they need to release "Untouchable".

Yeah.  After seeing that it's only 15 tracks long and it has features like Juvenile, KC, and Sisqo, it makes me think this is mostly going to be material that's already leaked.  Which is dumb.  Still hoping that we'll get at least a couple unreleased tracks on here, but who knows.  Either way, it might be a moot point.  Because even if they intended to release the entire "Untouchable" album, it seems like Crooked will try to block it.  I just don't get this guy.  It seems like he has "album-release-o-phobia."

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2010, 06:08:31 AM »

Yeah.  After seeing that it's only 15 tracks long and it has features like Juvenile, KC, and Sisqo, it makes me think this is mostly going to be material that's already leaked.  Which is dumb.  Still hoping that we'll get at least a couple unreleased tracks on here, but who knows.  Either way, it might be a moot point.  Because even if they intended to release the entire "Untouchable" album, it seems like Crooked will try to block it.  I just don't get this guy.  It seems like he has "album-release-o-phobia."
LOL remember when he said he had multiple distribution deals on the table?  :D

JohnnyL

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2010, 06:11:35 AM »
Damn that is one ugly cover. I hope this won't have the leaks from "Say Hi To The Bad Guy".
off course it will

I'm pretty sure Crook gets paid off what they put out so I can't imagine he's too mad about it. I consider this dope news as I didn't buy any of the overpriced bootlegs so an official pressed copy works for me. I just hope the sound quality is half way decent, this time.
how can you be so sure of that?

Oh, and I hope Crooked lets this release go through.  I really don't understand why he thinks releasing 10 year old material is going to be so damaging.  If anything, it's free promotion. Not to mention, it's a project for which he'll actually be getting paid.    
that's not a fact

Agreed that it's not a fact.  Because after the mess with Dre, who knows.  But typically, most artists wait until there's a problem before they sue someone.

JohnnyL

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2010, 06:19:10 AM »

LOL remember when he said he had multiple distribution deals on the table?  :D

Man, there's been so many situations with him and albums, I've probably forgotten about half the things he's talked about with regard to releasing/distributing all the various incarnations of his eternally-impending debut album.  The one constant though is that it crashes and burns every time, either by circumstance, or by Crook's own doing.  Lately, it's been mostly the latter.

woof

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2010, 06:39:44 AM »
we may have an announcement for an announcement soon from Crooked I about this

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 08:30:19 AM »
a tracklist will solve the case. i`m in fear that we will get material we all know.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 09:44:52 AM »
"If I'm giving you free music, why are you bugging me to make you pay for music?"

I don't get this dude. He has people who actually want to BUY his album and he's fighting over it. Folks want to get past all the BS and jumping through the hoops. They want a full-length album quality release. They've been waiting on it for 10 years. I can understand him maybe not wanting Wideawake to go ahead if they aren't taking care of him on the business end but it's like "Come on. Give us an album already".

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2010, 09:46:41 AM »
^^^he probably chose the wrong profession

Okka

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2010, 10:00:02 AM »
"If I'm giving you free music, why are you bugging me to make you pay for music?"

I don't get this dude. He has people who actually want to BUY his album and he's fighting over it. Folks want to get past all the BS and jumping through the hoops. They want a full-length album quality release. They've been waiting on it for 10 years. I can understand him maybe not wanting Wideawake to go ahead if they aren't taking care of him on the business end but it's like "Come on. Give us an album already".

Crooked won't release an album cause he knows/is afraid of a flop. His first album should've came out back in the 90's when he was fuckin with Dogg Pound.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2010, 10:10:23 AM »

Crooked won't release an album cause he knows/is afraid of a flop. His first album should've came out back in the 90's when he was fuckin with Dogg Pound.

It's that in all actuality, Treacherous have played a rather big role in the postponement of Crooked I's debut.