Author Topic: Life on here 2 years after DETOX is released. Please take a moment to just think  (Read 353 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

*even if u close your mind outta some good food and choose not to read it all*

i wonder what it's gonna be like scrolling thru all of these moments in time on here when that happens then.  i mean truthfully the only thing that keeps most of us coming back on here is for any little bit of news we can get about it.  and let me get this out the way now, i dont mean it like Dr. Dre/Detox is the center of each of our universes.  But as a fan/lover of Hip Hop (particularly Dre/West/DR/etc) what can replace this feeling and dream you invision in your heart?  Even if it isn't released until 2012 it'll still hold the same effect, if not stronger for some of us. this album helps ur spirit/soul/passion/attentativeness for hip hop stay alive and healthy, it makes u wanna stay in tune with this game a little more than you would.

but i'm trying to find a good reason to keep coming back.  bcuz i like it here, it's a cool little social venting/convo outlet (there's alotta cool ppl here and even more bitch asses on here).  but how important should it be in my life to not just completely completely move on with all of this internet shit.  like get rid of the facebook account and just get all of family's and potential bait's numbers off of there and delete it.  I should just get a brand new professional only email address for job resume's and things of that nature and just delete/forget about all of my yahoo accounts (be real, u know u have more than 1 email address).  Why not just only keep the Allhiphop.com or sohh.com or wshh.com as the home page on my firefox and call all that shit a day and all of that extra web shit be cut off like ooVoo or hibernatin' in the start bar only in the small box on the right.  truthfully, i've never really got in2 all of that internet dating site shit.  i can bagg the bait outside somewhere.

and dont get it twisted you don't have to like me i dont care
, but to some of us like me this place is kinda like a home away from home and no matter what this shit is all music anyway and we all have similar tastes in certain styles of hip hop and a love for the debating of it and expression of it.  

bottom line is, after all of the hype and the promo have died down for DETOX on here and all thruout the world and the streets.  what's worthy of your precious and priceless time and attention?  r u really gonna be tweakin' for that new DJ Quik album to come out (especially on some NEW G Funk shit?) you kno  it's kinda like a bad marriage with Dr. Dre & Detox & WestCoast Hip Hop Artists.  it's a whole rack a shit and then you have your rare moment where u forget about it for a quick second.  after W.A. is thru collapsing, better yet let's say that they dont fold and they actually release the shit like Elvis and all of the rest of the Icons have, will it really matter what Snoop and Dre didn't put out in 93 or whenever.  No i dont think so, not really, it'll just be collector's item shit.  i mean don't get me wrong i'm sure we'll all still check around here n there when it get's promo'd or whatever but then u realize that tha shit doesn't sound as good as u hoped it would to u and that even tho there's some good shit left in there, what's it really all matter anyways.  The new niggaz is coming in and still tryna keep holdin' shit down now (and hip hop in all right now is back to the basics with the new soul in it and that's "all good").  The old music to us will never die but it does pass on and that's all there is to be said about that, it doesn't matter what or who it is.

Your favorite rapper is probably hittin' close to grandpa status now if he's not already there.  What does that mean to your youthfulness tho.  What does that do for your character to witness and follow and still believe in the cause for something like that?  

*i know i'm probably missing a few points so excuse me if it seems a little thin or too drawn out.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:21:12 PM by Sir Doobie Roach »

BiggBoogaBiff

of course it's forever going to be inevitable but life for all of us will change dramatically (silently).  *the main folks that post on here*

and another thing since it's on my mind.  who really gives a fuck about that new Ice Cube album comin out.  i mean, i love a majority of Cube's work all thruout rapping and acting.  but just like Game & Eminem's new album, why should i give a fuck about what you have to say again.  I dont feel u like i used to when u talk about how u were hurt seeing the shit you've seen growing up and doing what u did or didn't do.  i dont care anymore about rap.  everytime i think about all of these old ass niggas burpin farts on the mic i feel a little more mature than i did the day b4 when i realize that i could care less about what he (ice cube and whoever) has to say. 

I'm kinda feeling like all of these old ass rappers don't represent me anymore and it's time that the torch should be put out and should be re-lit temporarily sometime down the line in the way future and let's get away from always HAVING TO pay homage every single year to all of the SAME rappers.  YOU DONT SEE BARACK TALKING ABOUT MARTIN LUTHER KING JR EVERYDAY AND AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY, it's always on some new shit even tho he's still humble to the past but not so focused on it.  i love rap/hip hop bcuz it's in my soul forever but Jay Z doesn't equal my hero everytime Hip Hop is brought up in the public eye.  Put the new niggas on and let us/them do they thang like they wanna.  it's time y'all.  this shit just gets so old after a minute keeping up with this day by day/year by year.  

truthfully, i'm anticipating the day after it's said and done more than i'm anticipating the day of it's release.  Speaking as a cult follower of Hip Hop I'm ready to move on from this big affair over DETOX.  A certain part of Hip Hop can't move on bcuz this album hasn't been released.  it's like an unlocked door that's never been open and u don't know what's behind it.  you've seen everything else behind every other door but not this 1 door.  you can leave at any moment but you're always still gonna wanna know wats behind that door.  DETOX will be more a "New Day" for me as far as the way i go about tuning out off into rap just to get away from life.  whether it's a good album or bad album won't really make any much difference to me, i'll just be glad i finally got to hear what i've been imagining for all of these years.  the quality won't even really be all into question, the actual experience is what it's all about.  the songs with replay value will get in where they fit in in my life or in my mp3 player.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:34:15 PM by Sir Doobie Roach »

Triple OG Rapsodie

you with your paragraphs....I only read the first one but no one comes here for Detox. That shit has been delayed for so long that I think most people have stopped giving a fuck about it until it actually drops.

I come here to keep tabs on the new and old west, and to fuck around on g spot. that is all.

Jaydc

I dont care about detox.

Sikotic™

I didn't read that shit, but Dubcc will die 2 years after Detox drops, if that ever happens.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BiggBoogaBiff

dont be so quick to Snob Out.  DETOX has been the life of this forum for years EASY.  Even though it's never been released.  There's nothing cracking off in the GSpot like that to be comin thru here everyday, save face for another moment.  u mite as well just trade numbers for all of that "what's new on twittubb today" shit.  there's only like 10 ppl that post here regularly (u must be n2 stalking men then if that's your excuse).  you'll see what i'm talking about after it's released.  Hip Hop as a whole will be altered (Dre will either shake up the game or flunk out).  If he does shake up the game and change it again like he helped do with Ruthless - DeathRow - Aftermath, then he'll do as such; but if he doesn't what does that mean for Hip Hop.  That's like Pac surving those shots that night and his careering going downhill ever since after that.  

Like think about this 4 a second... if Dre fails or moves on what does that mean for the game in general (dre's track record still speaks high volumes to this day and everybody's hip; he's like Michael Jordan of Audio).  {*after MJ, there was Kobe, then there's LaBron; it won't even be the same conversation anymore on a social level*} Even if he stays around for a little bit after his success then what significance is it gonna have on ur life (this site plays a role for us in some ways) or for the future of hip hop since after all the good doctor is one of the best hip hop scientist (if not the best) ever to do it.  DETOX is more than just an album release gentlemen, you should be more up on ur game instead of into that bullshit y'all on all day.  it's already lame on here but watch it be on some desert shit after.  you can save the attacks for another thread.  
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:55:35 PM by Sir Doobie Roach »

Triple OG Rapsodie

take this shit to the west coast forum

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

kemizt

BiggBoogaBiff

let's not get 2 fakin.  Detox is one the only few reasons to really come here. 

Muhfukka

hahahaha did he really just write all that and color certain parts and shit? i feel bad for anyone who read it

BiggBoogaBiff

hahahaha did he really just write all that and color certain parts and shit? i feel bad for anyone who read it

it'll probably crush their world a little bit truthfully

Bananas

too long did not read

BiggBoogaBiff

too long did not read

my fault.  but there was too much to say

Jaydc

too long did not read

No their really wasnt.You by far are the dumbest poster Ive ever seen on any forum.

BiggBoogaBiff

too long did not read

No their really wasnt.You by far are the dumbest poster Ive ever seen on any forum.

:sleep: