Author Topic: What's left for WIDEawake to do, after Crooked I drops?  (Read 1896 times)

hobomotel

Re: What's left for WIDEawake to do, after Crooked I drops?
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2010, 07:09:13 AM »
There are a lot of artists they could still release which would appeal to harcore fans but sales wise other than pac im not sure.

Im personally waiting for a dogg pound album and a proper kurupt album from the 90's.

I Don't Bang No More

V2DHeart

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2010, 09:33:50 AM »
They should re-release the catalog, then licence the current catalog to games, movies and TV shows, sit back and allow some reasonable income to come in, and try to save money to release good quality "new" material
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Okka

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2010, 10:05:37 AM »
They might also release that so-called DR Demo-Tape by Nipsey as a EP if he actually drops his album this year, lol..

That was just a demo that Nipsey sent to Death Row, tryin' to get a deal. I don't think they even own the rights to them, im not even sure if the tape is real.

acgrundy

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2010, 11:34:18 AM »
hopefully tray deee or lbc crew

Does Tray Deee have an album's worth of solo material in the DR vaults??? cuz if he does i'd love to hear it.

Nah, he doesn't. Tray Deee confirmed that he didn't record so many songs in the Death Row era.

...how about the Sam Sneed album?   ;)

I think Tray Deee definitely has enough material for an album.  Artists are always saying they don't have anything over there...I remember lil c-style saying he only maybe had 1 unreleased song over there and that is BS. 

Okka

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2010, 11:51:50 AM »
I don't understand why Tray Deee would lie about somethin like that.

21. 21. Did you ever complete an album for Death Row?

No. All work I ever did On Death Row was for Snoop’s or the Dogg Pound;s albums, or Murder Was The Case or Gang Related sountracks. Myself, South Sentrelle, Techniec, Lil C-Style and Bad Azz recorded the unreleased “LBC Crew” album at Can Am, A Death Row leased studio, but when Suge Knight refused to allow Snoop to shop distribution for Doggystyle Records and left us with the ultimatum of going through Death Row, South Sentrelle and Lil C-Style decided that they no longer wanted to be a part of the group, so the album was scrapped.

acgrundy

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2010, 01:10:36 PM »
I don't understand why Tray Deee would lie about somethin like that.

21. 21. Did you ever complete an album for Death Row?

No. All work I ever did On Death Row was for Snoop’s or the Dogg Pound;s albums, or Murder Was The Case or Gang Related sountracks. Myself, South Sentrelle, Techniec, Lil C-Style and Bad Azz recorded the unreleased “LBC Crew” album at Can Am, A Death Row leased studio, but when Suge Knight refused to allow Snoop to shop distribution for Doggystyle Records and left us with the ultimatum of going through Death Row, South Sentrelle and Lil C-Style decided that they no longer wanted to be a part of the group, so the album was scrapped.

Well it may not be a lie...he may have simply forgotten.  Or he just doesn't want to remember DR anymore and is bitter about it.  What was "I Beez the Hardest" recorded for?  And I'm not saying that he has a ton of solo songs, but I bet there are at least a dozen unreleased DR songs that have Tray Deee on them.

Okka

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2010, 01:30:22 PM »
Yeah, i mean he probably has some unreleased songs and you could release them as a compilation but i don't think we ever was recordin for his own album at Death Row. "I Beez Tha Hardest" was for his solo album that was supposed to come out on Epic Records. I think it was Epic Records, i'm not 100% sure about it though. You know how much i would love to hear an solo from him,e specially with Death Row production but i don't think he recorded that much material while he was on Death Row.

sofdark

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2010, 02:33:19 PM »
Why the hell does Sam Sneed hold onto his stuff anyway? they probably atleast 10 years old and he doesn't even have his name in the scene anymore. make some money while people actually buy the records Sam!

riphuero

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2010, 04:58:04 PM »
Yeah, i mean he probably has some unreleased songs and you could release them as a compilation but i don't think we ever was recordin for his own album at Death Row. "I Beez Tha Hardest" was for his solo album that was supposed to come out on Epic Records. I think it was Epic Records, i'm not 100% sure about it though. You know how much i would love to hear an solo from him,e specially with Death Row production but i don't think he recorded that much material while he was on Death Row.
YA IT WAS FOR EPIC. TRAY DEE HAS A SOLO ALBUM WITH THEM. ALSO THE LBC CREW ALBUM WAS MASTERED AND READY TO BE RELEASED. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THE QUALITY OF THE TRACKS THAT MADE THE ULTIMATE DR ALBUM BY WIDEAWAKE. I JUST FEEL IF THEY RLS THE LBC CREW ALBUM THE SOUND HAS TO BE ON POINT. THEY NEED BIG D TO HANDLE THAT. I ALSO THINK  HE DID THE 1 THAT WAS FOR INTERSCOPE. SEE WHAT HAPPEN.

acgrundy

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2010, 05:42:52 PM »
YA IT WAS FOR EPIC. TRAY DEE HAS A SOLO ALBUM WITH THEM. ALSO THE LBC CREW ALBUM WAS MASTERED AND READY TO BE RELEASED. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THE QUALITY OF THE TRACKS THAT MADE THE ULTIMATE DR ALBUM BY WIDEAWAKE. I JUST FEEL IF THEY RLS THE LBC CREW ALBUM THE SOUND HAS TO BE ON POINT. THEY NEED BIG D TO HANDLE THAT. I ALSO THINK  HE DID THE 1 THAT WAS FOR INTERSCOPE. SEE WHAT HAPPEN.

Can you elaborate anymore on the tray deee album?

riphuero

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2010, 08:59:14 PM »
^^^ he was signed to epic for a 1 album deal. as for the songs i have no clue if epic owns them or tray dee left when he was droped from the label. some 1 closer to tray dee might have more info. but i know there are songs that tray dee made for death row but can be used as a solo but under i would say dogg pound records. i remeber daz saying some shit like that in a interview regarding  "The Gang" tray dee was part of that. for sure there is songs for a tray dee solo but with alot of features.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:01:27 PM by riphuero »

Chad

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2010, 07:07:39 AM »
where did Sam say that?
i'm not doubting you, just wondering where you got it from

Tanner contacted him ;)
i see, thanks.

the word I'm hearing is that Sam Sneed is next...
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2010, 09:33:32 AM »
^hopefully it's true.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »
Jewell solo album would be nice 8)

hobomotel

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2010, 12:47:27 PM »
Jewell solo album would be nice 8)

I dunno man. After hearing Black Diamond (the title track) on the Boxset, I think Suge was right not to release her album.