Author Topic: What's left for WIDEawake to do, after Crooked I drops?  (Read 1883 times)

DTG Entertainment

Re: What's left for WIDEawake to do, after Crooked I drops?
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2010, 03:05:16 PM »
When we throw harsh insults towards WIDEawake and their incompetent ass staff, we only hurt ourselves. Let's take a second to listen to listen to 2Pac and remember, we will always get crappier sound quality than Youtube rips - thanks to a guy named Omar and another guy named John. Let's not forget about Robert Thompson and John Payne as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/75XSk7fOVdY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/75XSk7fOVdY</a>

JohnnyL

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2010, 04:37:29 PM »
When are they going to release the damn tracklist for hood star?I hope it isnt the same 15 songs that have already leaked.

I'm guessing we heard 14 and there will be 1 unheard.

It's difficult to say for sure.  We can kind of guage what might be on there by the names of the featured artists on the one-sheet.  But the problem with trying to figure out how many already-leaked songs will be on the album, is that so many of those artists are featured on multiple songs.  For example, I believe they list Kurupt and Eastwood as being featured on the album.  Well, that could mean that "Boss Me Up," "Frontline," "La La," "House Party, "Suge's Westcoast," and "Lil Youngstaz" are on there, or it could just mean that "Suge's West Coast is the only one on there. In other words, we know that Kurupt and Eastwood are featured on the album, but we don't know if they're featured separately on a bunch of different tracks or together on a single track.  Same way with Ganxsta Rid. They could just be referring to his appearance on "Me and My Dogg," or they could be planning on putting that "Take the Title" song on there.  Until they drop the track list, there's just no way of knowing. I think I had it figured that it could be as many as all 15 tracks that have already leaked, or as few as just 5.   

EFFeX

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »
When we throw harsh insults towards WIDEawake and their incompetent ass staff, we only hurt ourselves.

I'd rather let them know what we want to hear instead of just accepting mediocracy.   ;)

EFFeX

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2010, 05:17:43 PM »
When are they going to release the damn tracklist for hood star?I hope it isnt the same 15 songs that have already leaked.

It's difficult to say for sure.  We can kind of guage what might be on there by the names of the featured artists on the one-sheet.  But the problem with trying to figure out how many already-leaked songs will be on the album, is that so many of those artists are featured on multiple songs.  For example, I believe they list Kurupt and Eastwood as being featured on the album.  Well, that could mean that "Boss Me Up," "Frontline," "La La," "House Party, "Suge's Westcoast," and "Lil Youngstaz" are on there, or it could just mean that "Suge's West Coast is the only one on there. In other words, we know that Kurupt and Eastwood are featured on the album, but we don't know if they're featured separately on a bunch of different tracks or together on a single track.  Same way with Ganxsta Rid. They could just be referring to his appearance on "Me and My Dogg," or they could be planning on putting that "Take the Title" song on there.  Until they drop the track list, there's just no way of knowing. I think I had it figured that it could be as many as all 15 tracks that have already leaked, or as few as just 5.   

I remember we were trying to figure out what Danny Boy song they could be referring to and after looking through unreleased track names, they could be referring to a song called "Shy" which he is featured on. Whether or not that's the correct name of course is debatable.

If my calculations are correct there is at least another album worth of post Untouchable material they can choose from, let's hope that they decide to give us some truly unheard stuff. It would be amazing to get some of the last tracks recorded for the real SHTTBG so we'd have a chance to know what the final product could have sounded like.

JohnnyL

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2010, 05:44:08 PM »

I remember we were trying to figure out what Danny Boy song they could be referring to and after looking through unreleased track names, they could be referring to a song called "Shy" which he is featured on. Whether or not that's the correct name of course is debatable.

If my calculations are correct there is at least another album worth of post Untouchable material they can choose from, let's hope that they decide to give us some truly unheard stuff. It would be amazing to get some of the last tracks recorded for the real SHTTBG so we'd have a chance to know what the final product could have sounded like.

Couldn't agree more, there.  It would be great to get to hear any of that stuff.  Would love to finally get full versions of "Crook Show," "Bang on 'Em," or "Raw Dawgs," or any other "Untouchable" tracks for that matter.  But yeah, the other unleaked "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" stuff would be great to hear too.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2010, 01:10:30 AM »
^Bang on em full version is out, check the Crooked I death row collection

Mietek23

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2010, 02:14:08 AM »

Yea, but it's the remix. They prolly talking about the OG version which is still unleaked in full..

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »
ah my bad.

Muhfukka

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2010, 11:05:01 AM »
you guys are tripping, if they do release a cooked cd it wont sell anywhere near enough for them to want to release another

EFFeX

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2010, 12:40:23 PM »

Yea, but it's the remix. They prolly talking about the OG version which is still unleaked in full..

Yeah, the OG version is completely different.

Okka

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2010, 12:45:17 PM »

Hook is the same though. The snippet of the original "Bang On Em" is one of the first Crooked I songs i heard, always wanted the full version.

JohnnyL

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2010, 12:52:03 PM »

Hook is the same though. The snippet of the original "Bang On Em" is one of the first Crooked I songs i heard, always wanted the full version.

Yeah, Hook is basically the same except no electric guitar, and I'm guessing the OG is just Crooked I solo.

EFFeX

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2010, 01:59:01 PM »

Yeah, but to be honest, it sounds like an alternate recording.