Author Topic: Nas Nigger Album... been almost 2 yrs, what ya'll think in retrospect?  (Read 1044 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
which in a way explains why you like the dipset more than the illmatic album...aite makes sense now

Nas now >> Nas on illmatic. A classic record it was and his best, but Nas then didn't have half the diversity in his lyrics he has now. And his rhymes were scattered as fuck.
THANK YOU! I have felt that way for years. I couldn't agree with you more on that statement.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

theremedy360

Good album, but too political for my taste. Props to Nas for speaking his mind though.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
This album was 1 and done to me, BECAUSE of the concept..  This shit is too serious to just be chillin on my ipod.  I know about the issues he was speaking on on this album, but I don't like having that shit involved in my music!  Can't groove to it...  And also, I thought the beats weren't very emotionally charged.

Y'all will hate me but I rate...  HHID > Untitled

For reference, fav album: Stillmatic

Triple OG Rapsodie

This album was 1 and done to me, BECAUSE of the concept..  This shit is too serious to just be chillin on my ipod.  I know about the issues he was speaking on on this album, but I don't like having that shit involved in my music!  Can't groove to it...  And also, I thought the beats weren't very emotionally charged.

It's definitely not the kind of music you throw on at a party or listen to in your ride, but it serves its purpose. Aside from the two singles I thought it was a great concept album and when I'm in the mood to listen to some real shit I definitely throw this on. It's kinda like the same way with half of 2Pac's music, you have to be in a serious state of mind to enjoy the music.

basefunk

• Lil Geezy
The Nigger album is one of my top 3 Nas albums besides Illmatic and Hiphop is dead!!!!

This is a great album, i was bumping it recently, amazing!!!!! stand out cuts like black president, america, queens get the money, N.I.G.G.E.R(Slave&Master),

I SAY 2 years later, this album is classic, in my opinion...L.A Reid should have promoted it better than he did

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
interestin cuz stillmatic is one of my favorite..but the album didnt have bangers all the way thru....gods son was cool too but also had songs I wasnt feelin
but the intro on stillmatic is dope alone

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
Listened to it again today after not hearing it for a while.  There were 3 joints I never stopped listening to, "Breathe", "We Make The World Go Round", and "Hero"...

Those are my 3 least favorite songs on the album  ;D

The first 5 tracks on the albums are all dope, and then the album just fades into obscurity after that.  

nigga you crazy. Untitled, NIGGER, Black President, Sly Fox, Fried Chicken, etc.....take out the 2 singles and I'd consider it one of the best concept records I've heard.
hahaha I actually agree with this guy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES

It's definitely not the kind of music you throw on at a party or listen to in your ride, but it serves its purpose. Aside from the two singles I thought it was a great concept album and when I'm in the mood to listen to some real shit I definitely throw this on. It's kinda like the same way with half of 2Pac's music, you have to be in a serious state of mind to enjoy the music.

Yeah I Guess... Ima d/l it again someday when I go on a Nas binge and test it out again.. (Should be soon)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Listened again... The mastering of this album blows...  I think that's what it is for me.. Lyrics is aight, but some of the production is kinda unfitting to me, which might have improved with better mastering?  First listen I didn't like any aside from Hero, this time there were a couple decent joints, and I really liked Yall My N*ggas..