Author Topic: New Suga Free Interview! He will resurrect the West!!  (Read 333 times)

action jackson

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
New Suga Free Interview! He will resurrect the West!!
« on: December 06, 2002, 07:07:16 AM »
thaformula.com just put up a classic interview with my man Suga Free.  It's nice to see he hasn't changed one bit.  Still pimpin and funny as fuck.  DJ Quik and Suga Free equals another classic baby!! You best believe that son!!!!!!!!!!!

ThaFormula.com - Now there is a rumor going around that you have 1 strike left, Is that true?

Suga Free - Yeah, I got 1 strike left. Anything violent that I do shit y'all are gonna have to talk to me from the inside.

ThaFormula.com - Does knowing that really bother you?

Suga Free - It don't bother me because I know I ain't fittin' to do no stupid shit. It don't bother me.

ThaFormula.com - Drop a gem on kids and explain to them how Suga Free chooses a hoe. Are they coming to you because of your rap status?

Suga Free - Nah, because when I wasn't no rapper I was pimpin'. A hoe will just like you because your comin' at her at the right time. She might be somewhere where shit ain't cool or you know she ain't havin' much. She might be tired of dealin' with these little fuckers that wanna fuck them all the time, get them pregnant and shit like that. You know you find them and you can just tell that they're a hoe. You can just tell. You just have a eye for that shit and you could just tell.

ThaFormula.com - Did the pimpin' game become tougher or better when you became a rap superstar?

Suga Free - It got better. I mean shit, I done had bitches faint on me. In Oakland man, I was doing a show man where 2 hoes, a mother and a daughter were like you know tellin' me, "we been waitin on you" and this and that. The mom's daughter fuckin' passed out on me in the club "Sweet Jimmy's" and I just ran away from her cause I didn't want nobody to think I did anything you know. So hell yeah it's definitely workin' wonders for me but still you know I don't crowd myself around a whole bunch of hard headed bitches. All I know is that I got this album to make.

check the rest of it at thaformula.com cause it's long as fuck and pretty much answers all my questions.  1 more strike and my nigga is out.  that's some fucked up shit homiez!!

Funkadelic

Re:New Suga Free Interview! He will resurrect the West!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2002, 07:15:54 AM »
Thank you for the info...

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2002, 08:30:41 AM »
ThaFormula.com - Any guest appearances?

Suga Free - Oh no. Just me. You remember when you bought Al Green, you bought Al Green for Al Green, you know what I mean. Now you got a lot of cats a lot of features and stuff like that and that's cool, but I don't want my album clogged up cause I got to much to say and their just gonna take my time away from me. Cause I know what I got to say is more powerful then what they got to say on a pimp record. So it will just be me and my camp basically.

Yeah! Suga Free is the shit! I can't wait to hear this record...
DJ Quik will produce the whole album!!!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 08:32:28 AM by Dr._Funkenstein »

Peter-5150

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2002, 12:54:35 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the interview.

"Suga Free - Look, I don't give a fuck if I got to go cut his grass! Quik is doing my whole album, if not people are gonna be waiting a long time for it."

LOL
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 12:58:24 PM by Peter-5150 »

action jackson

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2002, 07:41:08 PM »
Quik and Free are the new Snoop and Dre!

action jackson

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2002, 05:10:58 PM »
Is it me or does nobody on this board care about Suga Free. He is the only real west coast artist left and even the heads on this board are sleepin.  This is sad!!

Big BpG

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2002, 09:55:22 PM »
Action Jackson... what are you talking about?

First off, no one is sleeping on Suga Free, his music is tight and it's nice that he will bring himself on this album. However, he won't bring back the west. Knoc-Turn'al couldn't do it, Shade Sheist couldn't and Suga Free won't either. His music is raw and uncut and he brings some of the most comedic lines Hip Hop has ever seen, but in all respect to you and your view, I just don't see anything coming out him on this one, except for some tight westcoast music.

Pz.

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2002, 10:00:13 AM »
Quik and Free are the new Snoop and Dre!
Yep, And suga free said it best:

"Look ain't nobody gonna ride Quik's beats like me."

SikksTrey

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2002, 03:46:00 PM »
It will be hard to top Street Gospel (wich is classic to me), but Free with Quik on the boards cant go wrong. Man, this is probably my most anticipated album of 2003.
"When I fart you fall apart, a nigga got GAZ!" - Hi-C

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Cant spell the West wit out the ES
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2002, 07:20:26 PM »
Man no offense i mean yea suga free is the shit
hes dope as fuck but he aint bringing the west back
he wouldnt appeal to the mainstream his style
fits like if it was 94 or 96 again the west needs someone
fresh original but with mass appeal so no

action jackson

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2002, 01:39:14 PM »
Man I don't give a fucc how many albums he sells or how many white kids buy his shit.  He will bring the West back by actually droppin a dope West Coast gangsta/pimp album.  Knocturnal, Shade Sheist, WC, Snoop have done nothing but drop bomb after bomb.  Please don't even mention Knoc and Shade when talkin about Suga Free.  Suga Free actually has talent unlike those other sorry suckaz.  Don't even get me started on Shade.  That sorry wack bastard only got play on the radio in L.A. cause his boy runs the radio programming on Power.  That's why his album sold shit because nobody played that shit anywhere else.  Suga Free is the only real talent left in the West that hasn't sold his soul to the devil and that's because he stays in touch with the streets and doesn't surround himself a around a bunch of ball lickin kids that started listening to hip hop when the chronic dropped.  Which probably describes about 85 percent on this board.  Peace and respect to the 15 percent that know exactly what I'm talkin about.  You kids need to stop worrying about record sales and start focusing on quality street music.  Street Gospel may have sold nothing, but everyone knows it was a classic. He will ressurect the West!!

Yeah!

• 'G'
  • Don't Get It Twisted!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2002, 02:54:43 PM »
Action Jackson Im as big of a suga free fan as the next man. Or in this boards case...You me and 5 others :D . But i dont see why people always throwin in this "resurrecting the west" shit. Suga free is the only real west rapper alive? So i guess C-Bo and Spice 1 are phonies...cause these guys consistantly drop records and are still street. Suga Free will NOT ressurrect the west cause theres nothin to resserect. Its still there. And Jackson if u wasnt bumpin the chronic then why you actin like westcoast rap is dead? The people that say the west is dead are usally the dudes that only listen to old Snoop and Dre records. You seem more knowligable about undergroud rap than that.

PS. check the 411 section of WCC to see a thread i made for Suga Frees new cd. Post news about it in there....or your thoughts on the realese.

Kaidy

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2002, 04:48:56 PM »
Can't wait for this album, Free is the shit and over an album of Quik tracks thats just gonna be special like the first one.

But yea 'resurrecting the west' whatever that means is going a little far. I doubt a pimp from Pomona will get nationwide props and go platinum. Free is fuckin dope but he's an acquired taste, and I expect most people outside the Coast will sleep on him like they did Street Gospel.

but regardless, I'm purchasing that ish. Ol monkeymouth toe up ass raggedy heffa

8)

action jackson

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2002, 09:51:03 PM »
yeah

please do not question my hip hop knowledge, especially when it comes to west coast music.  Spice 1 was cool during the 187 proof days, but he fell off years ago.  C-Bo is just straight up wack unless all you care about is bass.  I haven't listened to a Snoop album since the Doggfather and when I said the chronic I meant the first chronic not 2001.  In fact I think I'm one of the few that has the orginal Chronic with 187 on it and a different version of little ghetto boy and rat - tat- tat.  I even have the cover with this tracklisting on it.  Bought it at the compton indoor in 92 about 6 months before it dropped.  I'm a West Coast vet in this game son so I will say it again Sugafree will ressurect the West because the West is no longer the best, but the worst.  I never thought I would be ashamed of what the west is doing like I am now.  The West has absolutely no identity left.