Author Topic: Guru letter thread  (Read 3417 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Re: Guru letter thread
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 02:51:42 PM »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Westdog

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 04:10:29 PM »
He was in a clod.He can't write those words about Primo.
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 04:39:08 PM »
Option B. At the end, after his cancer diagnoses Guru was starting to big up Solar as if he was greater than Primo. He went from talking about Gangstarr reunions (the Fall before his diagnoses) to talking about Solar producing his greatest work. I saw my grandma suffer from a stroke, and from there my aunt used her weaken state to gain her trust, block out our family and then was able to have my grandma sign anything she wanted, including having my grandma vote for Arnold (my grandma was a die hard Democrat and my aunt is a die hard Republican). That's what is sounds like here. In 2007, Guru was entertaining Gangstarr reunions, by Winter 2008 (his diagnoses) he was working exclusively with Solar, and by Summer 2009 he was bigging up Solar and Solar was taking out his family and Premo. It's sad that the end had to be like this. Most of Guru's family and Premo see eye to eye, so I can see who's truly had Guru in their best wishes. Oh well, RIP to a legend, and we always have the good Gangstarr music. Guru is truly Above the Clouds now.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ucvta7xDo_4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ucvta7xDo_4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

damn my equal never thought about it that way,but it sounds on point when you think about it,solar was around him enough to gain the trust and could always say the others wouldn't take this kind of time out to be around you in your weaken state, damn i hate that muthafucca solar even more now yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 04:48:47 PM »
if guru was gay/bisexual who cares he made great and classic music with gangstarr and only had a couple of cool songs with solar, but premo is no angel ask jeru the damaja and his sister for that matter yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 05:25:16 PM »
Listen to Solar's statement/interlude on Guru's condition while Guru was on his deathbed.
Shits pretty disgusting......
http://www.zshare.net/audio/752393460345b302/

westside159

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 08:09:09 PM »
i think they way he was talking about Premier was kinda sad to me if its a real letter .    they was suppose to be partners . 

Trip Dee

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 03:27:48 AM »
http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/gang-starr/news/211060-solar-responds-to-guru-death

Solar Responds To Guru Death
After claims that the late rapper did not write a statement released yesterday…
12:46, Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Producer Solar has responded to claims surrounding the death of rapper Guru.

Yesterday a statement was released that was apparently written by the star in his last days.

However some fans and members of the hip hop community have questioned how genuine the words are.

The statement praised Guru’s recent work with Solar and distanced him from former group Gang Starr and collaborator DJ Premier.

Speaking to MTV News in the US Solar denied the claims. He said: "I mean, it's ridiculous, Guru knew this time would come. The great artist he is, us being intelligent people, we knew there was going to have to be a statement relating to this."

“Unfortunately, there are those who have the wicked agenda, and just can't accept that Guru and I have handled this thing as men and not children, and this is how men of honor handle their business. He arranged his press release. "

He continued: “I'm the repository of Guru's life story. I recorded his life story for book and for movies. We're not foolish. He was diagnosed with cancer well over a year ago. It's been operations and so forth. It would be ridiculous for him to not be prepared.”

i don't believe him...

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 05:22:40 AM »

Speaking to MTV News in the US Solar denied the claims. He said: "I mean, it's ridiculous, Guru knew this time would come. The great artist he is, us being intelligent people, we knew there was going to have to be a statement relating to this."

“Unfortunately, there are those who have the wicked agenda, and just can't accept that Guru and I have handled this thing as men and not children, and this is how men of honor handle their business. He arranged his press release. "

He continued: “I'm the repository of Guru's life story. I recorded his life story for book and for movies. We're not foolish. He was diagnosed with cancer well over a year ago. It's been operations and so forth. It would be ridiculous for him to not be prepared.”

Us, us, us... we, we, we... kinda creepy how Solar makes them one

i don't believe him...
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 07:30:50 AM »

Us, us, us... we, we, we... kinda creepy how Solar makes them one

i don't believe him...
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 01:49:47 PM »
SOLAR KILLED GURU

Okka

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshheNTEEqIRK7378hO1

WOW... two things popped out... Sway didn't believe him for shit... and Solar sounded suspect as hell.

Sikotic™

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2010, 04:37:06 PM »
Ah shit! "Guru wrote some of it, but I took notes on the rest".

I guess it's official that the letter is bullshit then.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 04:44:44 PM »
Who is Solar?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 04:56:18 PM »
http://vlaze.com/79341/

This was an interview back in 07, where I met Guru and Solar - they both were cool, but it was really apparent that Solar was in charge, from what I remember MDA was not allowed to say anything about Gangstarr and that kinda got on our nerves a bit. MDA usually never holds back on questions but he did there.

After watching this interview almost 3 years later, I can see how people say that Solar might have controlled Guru, Look who answers most of the questions throughout the interview and how Solar interrupts Guru to answer the questions. It was more of a Solar feat. Guru interview than Guru feat. Solar.

But damn, I wish I would have said more to Guru when I met him, or taken a picture or something. I just shook his hand and I said I was a fan, then there was an awkward silence between both of us while everyone set up the stage. I was star struck, i didn't know what to say, I wish I sparked up a conversation.