Author Topic: T.I.'s producer/DJ Toomp comes sideways at DJ Quik and Shock G......  (Read 2071 times)

Matty

Re: T.I.'s producer/DJ Toomp comes sideways at DJ Quik and Shock G......
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2010, 11:19:58 PM »
Quik is an outstanding musiican,but as a producer he isnt top 10.What has he done in the game to warrant a top ten claim?Yes hes got his own discography and he was a great regional person,but quik isnt worldwide,quik didnt effect the rap game.

ok that's maybe one area where you can say quik hasn't reached his full potential, although i would argue he has his share of international hits and longevity. most people probably wouldn't even know he produced what is probably his biggest mainstream hit (addictive).

i wouldn't really count influence on the rap 'game' or popularity as particulaly important factors. things like being an 'outstanding musician', creativity, diversity and all round engineering mastery would be my main considerations for a top producer. that along with my personal musical preferences, says the person with the quik avatar ;D

out of curiosity could you name who you consider to be the top 5 hip-hop producers jay? i have a feeling it wouldn't be anything like mine...

Jaydc

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2010, 11:36:33 PM »
Top five,honestly I dont really put too much time into lists or what not because music is so subjective it doesnt really matter.And I know sometimes my posts get miscontrued as hate,but often times I actually enjoy the artist I just cant stand the close minded people on this forum.Quik is a top five westcoast producer to me but not altogether.

Now for five off the top of my head Im going with Dre,Premo,J dilla,Neptunes,Timbaland.Those arent my top,just five people I believe easily ahead of quik.A jermaine dupri is ahead of quik,people like to hate on him but his longetivty and discocgraphy speak for themselves.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2010, 11:37:58 PM »
what producers are worldwide, minus the given GOAT Dr. Dre?

i mean, your very average rap fan probably never knows who produces the beat to their favorite songs; they just like it.

i wouldn't be surprised if a small chunk believed that the artist who makes the song, makes the beat as well.

debating "whose better" in producing is more impossible than debating "whose better" in rapping.

for example, there could be a huge Southern rap fan here & say "so & so" makes the best beats ever, but i am not really down with your "true, down south" beat, so naturally i would disagree with him.

at least with rappers, we can attempt to compare words, whereas beats are just sounds that 110% vary from person to person.

Matty

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2010, 11:46:13 PM »
Top five,honestly I dont really put too much time into lists or what not because music is so subjective it doesnt really matter.And I know sometimes my posts get miscontrued as hate,but often times I actually enjoy the artist I just cant stand the close minded people on this forum.Quik is a top five westcoast producer to me but not altogether.

Now for five off the top of my head Im going with Dre,Premo,J dilla,Neptunes,Timbaland.Those arent my top,just five people I believe easily ahead of quik.A jermaine dupri is ahead of quik,people like to hate on him but his longetivty and discocgraphy speak for themselves.

ok surprisingly that's actually the same as mine, but with Quik replacing Dilla. Dilla would be in a top 10 though, along with Easy Mo Bee and some others. not JD though..

Muhfukka

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2010, 11:48:14 PM »
damn some of you got personally offended by this shit, who cares who the guy thinks hes better than

Matty

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2010, 11:52:26 PM »
what producers are worldwide, minus the given GOAT Dr. Dre?

i mean, your very average rap fan probably never knows who produces the beat to their favorite songs; they just like it.

i wouldn't be surprised if a small chunk believed that the artist who makes the song, makes the beat as well.

debating "whose better" in producing is more impossible than debating "whose better" in rapping.

for example, there could be a huge Southern rap fan here & say "so & so" makes the best beats ever, but i am not really down with your "true, down south" beat, so naturally i would disagree with him.

at least with rappers, we can attempt to compare words, whereas beats are just sounds that 110% vary from person to person.

what producers are worldwide? well definitely The Neptunes and Timbaland for starters. and is comparing producers more subjective than rappers? not sure, but talking about such things is one of the main reasons for being on a message board, no?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2010, 12:16:09 AM »
WOW, most west coast fans are a joke asking who is DJ Toomp  :o

I'm guessin' he has produced a lot of stuff for T.I. because of the title of this topic.
The title is stupid though. It's like saying "Snoop Dogg's producer Dr. Dre...." yes Toomp has produced a lot for T.I. (most of T.I.'s best music and some of his biggest hits) but no way should Toomp be called "T.I.'s producer" - he's produced for Game (which makes it extra funny that west coast fans haven't heard of him), Ludacris, Pastor Troy, Pitbull, Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, Jay-z, Young Buck, 8Ball & MJG, Bone Thugs, Kanye West, Mariah Carey, Nas, Glasses Malone, etc. etc.

i like that beat actually!  8)

though it sounds very similar to NWA's Real Niggaz Don't Die

jabella

• Lil Geezy
  • The worlds first Horse-Goat.
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2010, 01:06:56 AM »
Over the last 10 years Toomp has produced more hits and bigger records and he works with bigger names. I'd say he's the bigger producer.

Quik has produced some gems though for Janet Jackson, 2Pac, Jay Z

Styles wise, I love Quik 100 % more.
Power of the lactating goat. Milk and Sperm mixed, gives you what? Food for thought.

Bananas

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2010, 01:23:14 AM »
I AM ANGERED BY A STRANGERS' OPINION AND WILL VOICE MY CONCERN ON THE INTERNET.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2010, 02:00:50 AM »
this is why hip hop is generally wack, you got niggas like dj toomp saying they are better then legends and then you got the idiot sheep who believe it

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2010, 03:23:02 AM »
Quik is an outstanding musiican,but as a producer he isnt top 10.What has he done in the game to warrant a top ten claim?Yes hes got his own discography and he was a great regional person,but quik isnt worldwide,quik didnt effect the rap game.

ok that's maybe one area where you can say quik hasn't reached his full potential, although i would argue he has his share of international hits and longevity. most people probably wouldn't even know he produced what is probably his biggest mainstream hit (addictive).

Didnd't Quik himself said in an interview, that Dre actually produced the record ?

Jaydc

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2010, 03:28:55 AM »
Jermaine Dupri has a much bigger and much more succesfull career as a producer then quik.Hell even kanye west in his short time has passed quik.Id put just blaze ahead of him as well.

jabella

• Lil Geezy
  • The worlds first Horse-Goat.
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2010, 03:33:50 AM »
This has to be judged on HIT records.

What Billboard hits has Quik produced?
Power of the lactating goat. Milk and Sperm mixed, gives you what? Food for thought.

Matty

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2010, 03:35:46 AM »

Didnd't Quik himself said in an interview, that Dre actually produced the record ?

i dunno you got a link to that? i would of thought a co-production would be more likely if anything, quik had already used the same drum loop on a AMG track.

Okka

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2010, 04:21:16 AM »

I remember somethin' like this too when they got hit with the lawsuit.