Author Topic: The NBA playoffs are the most boring and predictable of any major sport.  (Read 712 times)

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
no sport is more exciting and unpredictable as FUTBOL/soccer (i hate how its called soccer)

in basketball u have 7 games, u have to win 4 to beat a team, an upset can only be in one game, maybe two, not when its 4
the thing i like about it is when a team wins, they really deserve it.  U cant say it was a fluke or luck cuz they have to beat 4 series, win 16 games to win a championship. 

baseball is not a sport, i dont even watch, sorry to say that baseball fans

nfl is exciting but i dont think its a good representation of who is really the strongest team, there are less than 20 games in a season which is nothing compared to other sports

OG Hack Wilson

no sport is more exciting and unpredictable as FUTBOL/soccer (i hate how its called soccer)

in basketball u have 7 games, u have to win 4 to beat a team, an upset can only be in one game, maybe two, not when its 4
the thing i like about it is when a team wins, they really deserve it.  U cant say it was a fluke or luck cuz they have to beat 4 series, win 16 games to win a championship. 

nfl is exciting but i dont think its a good representation of who is really the strongest team, there are less than 20 games in a season which is nothing compared to other sports

soccer is boring to watch tho

nfl is the best to watch

baseball is the best to go to the park
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
how is Suns over Sprus an upset?

Suns were ranked 3rd...

i understand people thought the Spurs record didn't reflect them, but the Suns were still the higher seed.

i said it months ago, it's going to come down to the Lakers in the West & a fight between the Magic, Cavs & Boston for the East.

i'm not trying to take credit like, "i called it" because that's just how predictable the NBA Playoffs are.

as for watching Sports; i love Baseball more than any sport, but i find myself watching full Football games over full Baseball games.

probably because of the schedule difference; much shorter NFL season, every game is important, etc.

Geesta

bullshit

Spurs shocked everyone by beating the Mavs... they were suppose to get swept
and Jazz beating Nuggets was a big upset too

i remember in the beginning of the season everyone predicted it was gonna be Nuggets vs Lakers in the semi finals and now its the Suns

i havent been keeping up with the east too much but im pretty sure nobody expected the Magic to go undefeated so far in the playoffs

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!

nfl is the best to watch

soccer is not boring...u cant expect fulll force 90min running, there has to be dull moments in between...count those as commercials u see in basketball, football and everything else

people just dont understand soccer, i watch and analyze whos doing what and how a team is moving the ball up the field, how each players is pairing up with the rest, there is so much tactics and intelligence to it which most people dont understand cuz they dont follow the teams and players.  There is lots of history, rivalry, etc...that u need to know about until u realize the significance and excitement of the game. 

nfl is boring cuz the game stops every 10 sec, too many breaks and bickering over a few inches...i think people just like to see tackles....there isnt much that changes in each game.  For ex, can u recall a play from last years playoff that u remember? probably not!  see nfl, nba, etc...are so FORGETABLE...unless if its some game clutch moment or whatever and thats it...so u go thru 100s of nba playoff games just to remember a few plays. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

nfl is the best to watch

soccer is not boring...u cant expect fulll force 90min running, there has to be dull moments in between...count those as commercials u see in basketball, football and everything else

people just dont understand soccer, i watch and analyze whos doing what and how a team is moving the ball up the field, how each players is pairing up with the rest, there is so much tactics and intelligence to it which most people dont understand cuz they dont follow the teams and players.  There is lots of history, rivalry, etc...that u need to know about until u realize the significance and excitement of the game. 

nfl is boring cuz the game stops every 10 sec, too many breaks and bickering over a few inches...i think people just like to see tackles....there isnt much that changes in each game.  For ex, can u recall a play from last years playoff that u remember? probably not!  see nfl, nba, etc...are so FORGETABLE...unless if its some game clutch moment or whatever and thats it...so u go thru 100s of nba playoff games just to remember a few plays. 

Dude you're talking to the wrong person. I can recall a play in which Rocket Ismail tried to burn Deion Sanders and when the Raiders QB threw the ball Rocket had Deion beat but the QB under threw the ball, and Deion ran under Rocket, grapped the ball and made an interception in a match up people were wanting to see. That was in 1995, Raiders/Cowboys. Dogg, I'm a Raiders fan and we are the craziest of fans, but we also know our shit.

Jaydc

iran remembers the great moments of soccer like halfback passes to center,center passes to half,center passes to half,holllddds it,holllddddsss it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LMFAO @ someone saying Baseball is not a sport.

Baseball is the hardest sport to play among all others; it takes the most skill; where you can train a freak of an athlete to dribble a ball or kick a ball or catch a ball.

it's not even debateable.

the only thing Soccer has working in it's favor is that "it's the universal, bringing countries together" sport; other than that, it seems to be the easiest to play.

Jaydc

Baseball is not the hardest sport to play.Its the only major sport where fat people can compete.

Jaydc

now pitching takes a lot of skill but other positions not so much.Guys stand around for 85 percent of the game.Then they just take some steroids lift some dumb bells and all of a sudden their power hitters.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Baseball is not the hardest sport to play.Its the only major sport where fat people can compete.

fat people with ABSURD hand-eye coordination.

if i played in the NBA, i could get lucky throw up a three & maybe in the course of 82 games hit five of them; if i played a season in the NFL, i have decent enough hands to catch a touchdown if they set up a play for me; but if i played a full 162 game season in the MLB, i would end the season batting .000 with maybe three walks lol.

i'll give anybody on this board 100 ABs vs. Tim Lincecum & he'd strike everybody here out 100 times & then even if you magically made contact, there is still an extremely high chance that it wouldn't be productive; like a weak grounder or fly ball.

not to mention playing defense in Baseball is uncomparable to defense in any other sport; you don't just have to stand next to a man & do your best to push & shove him from scoring & shrug your shoulders when he beats you; you have to be able to catch a ball at high speeds coming at you, then make a throw & have the arm strength to throw a guy out.

you might be able to make an argument that Hockey is as skillful as Baseball because you have to hit a small puck, split through defenders all while unnaturally skating on ice; but Baseball is EASILY the hardest sport & requires the most skill in comparison to Football, Basketball or Soccer.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
now pitching takes a lot of skill but other positions not so much.Guys stand around for 85 percent of the game.Then they just take some steroids lift some dumb bells and all of a sudden their power hitters.

the steroids just give you extra power, you still need to be able to make contact to begin with; the super-natural ability has to be there.